News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Guess that V3 Weapon!

Started by Ceroblitz, September 17, 2012, 10:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

If I remember correctly So3 runs at a fps of 60? 30-40 would be about half a second long.
Since agi effects animation speed (doesn't have to do with frames specifically) , and most the weps will have longer/shorter attacks its kinda difficult to tell.

Loganvz123

I don't know about Stick Online, but in the game I develop, the speed of the weapon frames is completely independent in the init_items script.
The 'number speed' multiplied by 60 is the FPS of your weapon.
E.G. Katana = 0.25, runs at 15FPS.

krele

Quote from: crozier on November 14, 2012, 04:17:18 PM
If I remember correctly So3 runs at a fps of 60? 30-40 would be about half a second long.
Since agi effects animation speed (doesn't have to do with frames specifically) , and most the weps will have longer/shorter attacks its kinda difficult to tell.
False. It's 30.

Meiun

Quote from: krele on November 15, 2012, 05:50:46 PM
Quote from: crozier on November 14, 2012, 04:17:18 PM
False. It's 30.
If you are referring to what fps V3 runs at, crozier was actually correct. V3 runs at 60 frames per second. V2 runs at 30.

crozier

;D

EDIT: Why am I smiling, my computer can't get anywhere near that  :-\

Meiun

Quote from: crozier on November 15, 2012, 09:40:29 PM
;D

EDIT: Why am I smiling, my computer can't get anywhere near that  :-\
V3 is way more efficient than V2 on pretty much every front. So if your worried about the performance in comparison to V2. So basing how well you think it will run off of how V2 works for you isn't really a valid measurement.

Loganvz123

Game Maker Compiles in Delphi.
SciMark Delphi:
Composite Score MFlops:   276.28
SciMark .NET:
Composite Score: 473.64 MFlops
Delphi Compilation alone is only 58% of the speed of C#, giving a massive 71.4% efficiency in compilation alone,
plus we're assuming that the code is also more efficient, with native Windows Socket opening.
Tests performed on a low-spec machine for maximum results.
Windows XP Professional
P4 @ 2.4gHz
2GB DDR RAM.

ARTgames

QuoteGame Maker Compiles in Delphi.
Game Maker does not even compile to start. Its placed with an interpreter and interpreted. So that's even slower. Older game makers was made in Delphi but it has been rewritten into C++. But your point stands still that C# is going to be way better in performance than anything GM.

Meiun

C# is faster than delphi, and the fact that GM's delphi is used via an interpreter magnifies that issue drastically. It is also a well known fact that a lot of the foundation of GM's functions and other core components aren't that efficiently written within all of that either. Additionally, a lot of the code I wrote for it could have been done a lot better as well (it was pretty good for a high schooler with no truly legitimate programming experience at the time, but looking back there is a lot I would have done better). There were also a number of limitations I was bound by from using GM that I no longer need to worry about now that I'm writing everything myself.

The most notable performance increases so far are definitely with the server though. The V2 server application used way more CPU than would have been ideal. Though it isn't finished yet, so far the V3 one has been so light on resources that I could basically run it on a computer powered by hamsters in wheels :P Despite the fact that it is still doing a lot of the heavy lifting, and essentially has the entire game engine coded into it (minus all things graphical of course).

Loganvz123

My hamster accepts that challenge.

slyer