News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Whats happening with SO?

Started by Sonic472, February 18, 2013, 04:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic472

What happend to SO recently? The whole server is dead and nobody ever posts on the forums anymore. Where did everyone go?
Trucks...
Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2010, 10:33:23 AM
I'm going to lie, that's really good.

ASD!

Lucifer

Quote from: ASD! on February 18, 2013, 05:09:43 PM
People are getting older.

Haha, well this is in part the truth for me. It's not necessarily the age, but the lack of as much time as I once had. SO will always hold a special place in my heart, and I still hop on in a flash if anyone ever messages me on MSN wanting to PvP, but I simply don't have time to grind for an LSB or Slasher, or invest time into a new account to experiment with new builds.

If anyone wants to PvP, or chat, If I'm home I'm usually always on MSN and/or Scotty's Teamspeak.

ARTgames

Less seemed to going on here. I guess if something interesting happens I will come back. But yeah as Lucifer said. Less free time.

stick d00d

Been working. Also just lost interest in SO... patiently waiting for V3. I check the forums once in a while but don't post as much.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Celson

I agree. Most of the people that were playing Stick Online back in 2006-2008 are adults by now. Everyone is getting jobs or going to college. I rarely play video games at all these days let alone Stick Online.

Matty_Richo

Yep, most of the community just lurk the forums. I still check everyday but nothing much changes.
Then there is the simple lack of time and there is a lot less motivation to play it at the moment as there is rarely more than a couple of people online and, for me personally, the only items that I don't have are the extremely rare ones and I don't really enjoy grinding for items by myself.

I think, however, it is safe to say that when SO3 comes out we will all be a lot more active both on the forums and in the game. So I guess now we are just all waiting.

RayRay

I really do look back at how thriving SO was. I was always among or running past someone wherever I went. An MMO can really give memories with just the right amount of players. Then as the community spaced out, so did I. Never got past level 50. Heh.

Yet, I sense a burst of activity when V3 comes out. Everyone seems to glance at these forums for updates, maybe commenting about stuff in the Off Topic sections. These forums continue to be one of my home pages, so I'm basically here every day.

brannborn

I?m like always online.
most by the bandits , log in and we have some fun !
The Gamers is players and
The Players is the gamers !

T-Rok

I'm guilty of lurking. I'm not the greatest poster so I tend more to read everyone else's stuff. But I check daily if not multiple times a day for things on these forums. And on the odd day someone has posted in the donation thread I make sure they get a chance to play. Other than those things though, I don't generally have much to say.

God-I-Suck

Quote from: T-Rok on February 20, 2013, 06:54:39 PM
I'm guilty of lurking. I'm not the greatest poster so I tend more to read everyone else's stuff. But I check daily if not multiple times a day for things on these forums. And on the odd day someone has posted in the donation thread I make sure they get a chance to play. Other than those things though, I don't generally have much to say.

I'm pretty much the same way. I check the forums commonly and just read all the new posts and stuff that interest me. If I am really into something I'll make a post, but it's rare. :P

Titan

I also tend to lurk the forums when I can. As almost everyone else said though, most of us are growing up.
I wish the game was more active and I had more time for it, but once you hit college and have all that work and all those classes time gets tight. Add in things like jobs and socially with your irl friends and there's not to much free time left over.

I miss the days logging on and have 60-70 people easily be on at peak hours. And big tournaments with like 300+ people iirc. But for SO2, as sad as it is for me to say it, I think those days have long passed and will not come back.

Most of my time in game I spent very slowly farming and mostly talking to people, which is why I never even hit level 99, let alone 100. I would probably try and devote more free time to the game if I could be in an area with 10-15 people consistently, but when I get on its usually just 1 other person if anyone else at all.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Specialboy

Quote from: Celson on February 19, 2013, 05:39:43 AM

I agree. Most of the people that were playing Stick Online back in 2006-2008 are adults by now. Everyone is getting jobs or going to college. I rarely play video games at all these days let alone Stick Online.

It's really weird to think about this. I started playing this game way back when I was in grade 6.

I also lurk the forums. Not too often, maybe once every two months or so I stop by. I think my time playing this game actively is over. I just don't have time for games these days. That said, when (looking more like if...) V3 gets released, I'll make an account give it a try.

Nice to see you guys again :)

But sweet Jesus, eight years later, do I regret this damn username...

Chaos

I still have the forum bookmarked and check it daily. I just don't have anything to say these days, so I spend most of my time lurking.  I still check all the posts in off-topic, pretty much never read the rest of the forum, 'cept for just now, haha.  Since I'm not a GM, and don't play the game leisurely (as there's little to do), I feel no obligation to check or respond to posts in relation to the game anymore. 
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster