News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Lost my download link

Started by WereWaffle, March 07, 2013, 09:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WereWaffle

I've lost my download link for SO and I really want to play. I haven't played in a long time, so I lost my link! Can meiun or anybody send me a download link? I already have an account called r00tb33r. PLEASE HELP ME! :'(

ARTgames

Email about this. Or PM meiun.

Mr Pwnage

But seriously though at this point the link should just be made publicly available. Always annoying if I'm on a friends laptop and I have to log onto my email and search for it...
Regardless of whether or not somebody is able to download client doesn't matter, as only donor accounts can access the server anyways so I find the secrecy behind the download link a little silly... ::)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

RayRay

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 08, 2013, 10:10:02 AM
But seriously though at this point the link should just be made publicly available. Always annoying if I'm on a friends laptop and I have to log onto my email and search for it...
Regardless of whether or not somebody is able to download client doesn't matter, as only donor accounts can access the server anyways so I find the secrecy behind the download link a little silly... ::)
What about accounts that could be used by anyone? I guess he also knew that people would redistribute the game but it would yield viruses, so maybe that's why he is keeping the download link secret?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: RayRay on March 08, 2013, 04:10:22 PM
What about accounts that could be used by anyone? I guess he also knew that people would redistribute the game but it would yield viruses, so maybe that's why he is keeping the download link secret?

What you said it sort of a logical error. If there were a reliable, published download link everyone knew about, people wouldn't have to go to these supposed "infected and shady" sources to download the game? Unless you think by some stretch of the imagination that they will infect this website's web server?? And there are no accounts that can be used by anyone, to my knowledge most of the shared accounts have had their passwords changed and it is no longer an issue.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

RayRay

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 09, 2013, 05:46:51 PM
Quote from: RayRay on March 08, 2013, 04:10:22 PM

What you said it sort of a logical error. If there were a reliable, published download link everyone knew about, people wouldn't have to go to these supposed "infected and shady" sources to download the game? Unless you think by some stretch of the imagination that they will infect this website's web server?? And there are no accounts that can be used by anyone, to my knowledge most of the shared accounts have had their passwords changed and it is no longer an issue.
I guess that's true, about there being less confusion and leading people the wrong way. And I know that Meiun monitors shared accounts but some could slip by him...

Meiun

It was more about more people getting hold of the client itself that shouldn't have it than actually being able to get into the game. Not really too huge a deal either way, and was never more than a minor setback. Anyways, download link has been sent.