News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

help

Started by mind, September 07, 2009, 08:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mind

I can't seem to find the actual game. No where dose it say how to get to the game. Where do you go to get the download or whatever? Is it not up yet? Do you have to donate to play? Pleas help!

Ceroblitz

Quote from: Top of the page on September 07, 2009, 08:55:22 PM
News: FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

That is listed on the top of the page.

You have to donate to register and to play.

Lucifer

Before you respond with comments like "You have to donate? That's lame! It should be free omfg wtf?", Please read the topic Ceroblitz talked about (http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0) Thoroughly. The game was closed because a new game is in production, and the server we have now is a much appreciated thank you.

Seriously there should be some way to make it so people can't post until they've read that topic. lol

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on September 07, 2009, 09:10:06 PM
Seriously there should be some way to make it so people can't post until they've read that topic. lol
QFT

Meiun

I actually thought I had made it atleast somewhat clear, having the main section of these boards being called "Donor Server Registration", with the topic "Registration Info" in it, and the forum news as indicated above. But yeah, read the topic like the others said and it should explain everything.

P.S. I updated the registration agreement to mention reading that topic in it (not that anyoe reads those to begin with... >_>).

Lingus

Quote from: Meiun on September 07, 2009, 10:08:20 PM
(not that anyoe reads those to begin with... >_>).
That's the general idea with the rest of what you mentioned. People tend to have blinders on and only look at/read what they want to. For whatever reason it's generally the more important things that people skip.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on September 07, 2009, 09:48:32 PM
QFT
QFT multiplied by 2.

Just a thought, it could display the post's contents when registering a new account, and have a little timer counting down from 30 seconds before they can continue so people don't just zoom by it. I've seen it done many times before...so I don't see why not. I know that would be something Scotty could do in like 2 minutes...that HTML genius Scotty is.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

Quote from: Mrs. Pwnette on September 07, 2009, 10:30:26 PM
QFT
QFT multiplied by 2.

Just a thought, it could display the post's contents when registering a new account, and have a little timer counting down from 30 seconds before they can continue so people don't just zoom by it. I've seen it done many times before...so I don't see why not. I know that would be something Scotty could do in like 2 minutes...that HTML genius Scotty is.

In theory, yes, very easy, but then you have to account for the fact that it would most likely require javascript, which is easily disabled in browsers, so one would have to either double the work by creating a js script for the people who don't like to complicate things by disabling javascript in their browser, as well as another method for those who like to be crafty.  Option two would be to just be lazy and create one script that would display the message and have the user acknowledge that they have read it (which won't happen, as any sort of agreement is just overlooked and marked as "read").

You can't fix stupid.  Another reason why I hate people.

CherryPie

Quote from: Scotty on September 08, 2009, 02:30:08 AM

Definitly worth a quote. But seriously, if I were some stranger coming to this site, the first thing I'd be searching would be a downloads section. So why not create a fake downloads section, with only the above topic in it. Cruel, but people would read it. :D

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Scotty on September 08, 2009, 02:30:08 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Pwnette on September 07, 2009, 10:30:26 PM
QFT
QFT multiplied by 2.

In theory, yes, very easy, but then you have to account for the fact that it would most likely require javascript, which is easily disabled in browsers, so one would have to either double the work by creating a js script for the people who don't like to complicate things by disabling javascript in their browser, as well as another method for those who like to be crafty.  Option two would be to just be lazy and create one script that would display the message and have the user acknowledge that they have read it (which won't happen, as any sort of agreement is just overlooked and marked as "read").

Ahh, ain't it the truth. +karma just for that last bit. Interesting how that works though. Just for my own personal knowledge as I am trying to learn a bit about web design...not trying to drift too off topic but, what is the difference between regular java and "js" script? Something I've been wanting to know.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Quote from: CherryPie on September 08, 2009, 03:32:17 AM
So why not create a fake downloads section, with only the above topic in it. Cruel, but people would read it. :D
Brilliant!

ARTgames

who ever made the idea ware when you first make an account it takes you to that topic or what cherrypie said sounds like good ideas.

Mystery

Quote from: CherryPie on September 08, 2009, 03:32:17 AM
But seriously, if I were some stranger coming to this site, the first thing I'd be searching would be a downloads section. So why not create a fake downloads section, with only the above topic in it. Cruel, but people would read it. :D
Evil genius, sir. Evil genius.  ;) But I can guarantee at least one moron will be even too lazy to look for a download and just post. So Lucifer's idea would be better, just to be safe. Still, that's not a half bad idea. (especially if people just click the topic and leave, which counts as 'reading' it)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Scotty

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on September 08, 2009, 04:07:30 PM
not trying to drift too off topic but, what is the difference between regular java and "js" script? Something I've been wanting to know.

Drift off-topic you shant, check yer PMs.