News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The Stick Online Guide to Forum Posting

Started by Mr Pwnage, September 09, 2009, 08:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

One thing I would like to add: We need a TL:DR version of this. It's almost too long for even me to read.

Maybe just take the bulleted list portion of the forum etiquette section and cut each bullet down to the core point. What this guide fails to understand is that the people who really need to read it won't because of its length.

How's this:
Quote1) Ask yourself before posting:
*Does my post address the topic at hand?
*Does my post offend/insult anyone in a way that tops what is considered acceptable by the community?
*Is my post worth posting?
*Is my post legible?
2) As a general rule, try to be polite and professional as possible, especially when criticizing somebody else's work.
3) Only "Necro-post" if you are adding usefull information to the topic.
4) Don't flame.
5) Try not to make your forum signature too big.
6) Avoid double posting. Edit your post instead.

Now, those can be altered or added on to. Keeping a list like this at the very top of the post ensures that some people may read it. The current guideline can be kept, but this should be added at the top for those that don't want to read the whole thing with all of its lengthy explanations and redundancies.

Seifer

xgamer

Lucifer

Quote from: Lucifer on September 11, 2009, 03:03:16 AM
That entire post can be summarized into one sentence.
Don't be a !@#$ing idiot.
I'm Lucifer and I support this post.

Seifer

Quote from: Lucifer on April 16, 2010, 09:10:26 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on September 11, 2009, 03:03:16 AM
That entire post can be summarized into one sentence.
Don't be a !@#$ing idiot.
I'm Lucifer and I support this post.

While I am in complete agreement with you, twice over in fact, certain members of this forum seem to need a specific set of rules to follow.

Mr Pwnage

I also felt after writing it..."damn, newbies won't read past the first sentence anyways". Good solution you 2 have come up with. I just color coded the top bit to make it catch the eyes a little easier.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Moosebacon1000

Thank you for your help. Im kinda new to this and it was very informal. And yes, the coloring did make it very easy

setherouth

Quote from: Moosebacon1000 on April 02, 2011, 12:00:42 AM
Thank you for your help. Im kinda new to this and it was very informal. And yes, the coloring did make it very easy
Same, Thanks Mr.Pwnage.

Cloud Strife

Jmac

*Insert useless post here that tells not to necro old topics unless important information needs to be added* 8)

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 11, 2011, 04:31:40 PM
*Insert useless post here that tells not to necro old topics unless important information needs to be added* 8)

You realize it is impossible to "necro" a pinned/stickyed topic right?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jmac