News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online 3

Started by ARTgames, September 17, 2009, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Is there any information about this game that can be released?

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on September 17, 2009, 09:41:33 PM
I doubt it. Meiun and the team most likely want it to be a complete surprise. There were already some graphics leaks on Hang Out somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for them.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Torch

Quote from: Mystery on September 17, 2009, 09:44:50 PM
I doubt it. Meiun and the team most likely want it to be a complete surprise. There were already some graphics leaks on Hang Out somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for them.
They weren't leaks. Venuse had permission to post graphics for SOv3 a while back. These could very well have changed since Delicious has joined the team.

EpicPhailure

That was concept art too I believe.

Seifer

Quote from: Torch on September 17, 2009, 09:47:45 PM
Quote from: Mystery on September 17, 2009, 09:44:50 PM
They weren't leaks. Venuse had permission to post graphics for SOv3 a while back. These could very well have changed since Delicious has joined the team.

The tiles from venuse are still probably going to be used, and he is still going to work on the game.... As far As Im aware, I beleive that was the plan.

Delicious is just the spriter.. So Basicly Venuse=jake Delicious=Chaos

Delicious

It's actually mixed, though Venuse is much more of a leader with the spriting. I'm not sure if I could release too much about our position though.
<3

DarkTrinity

Either way, Delicious has some top-notch artist skills, so I don't think we'll be disappointed :)

And I keep telling you all... It'll be released December 2012 ^-^

flashmaniac

Quote from: DarkTrinity on September 18, 2009, 01:31:47 AM
Either way, Delicious has some top-notch artist skills, so I don't think we'll be disappointed :)

And I keep telling you all... It'll be released December 2012 ^-^

Hahahaha! I agree, Deli is an awesome artist.

:) Released at the "end" of the world? Bummer...

JoEL

A little show'n tell would be nice, just to see that there is some sort of progression being made.

ARTgames

Is there any hard game mechanics layed out for the game? Im not asking what they are but just to know if there some serious planing has bin done.

Lucifer

We've had topic after topic of this. Do you really have nothing better to do than to keep asking about the progress? Sure, some updates every now and then are nice and all, but are they really necessary? I'm not trying to lecture you, but we really don't need to pressure the spriters into showing us anything. When Meiun wants to show us, he will, he already knows how much we would appreciate it.

ARTgames

can you link to them? i wold like to read them.

flashmaniac

Quote from: Lucifer on September 18, 2009, 06:11:56 PM
We've had topic after topic of this. Do you really have nothing better to do than to keep asking about the progress? Sure, some updates every now and then are nice and all, but are they really necessary? I'm not trying to lecture you, but we really don't need to pressure the spriters into showing us anything. When Meiun wants to show us, he will, he already knows how much we would appreciate it.

I completely agree. Close topic now?

EpicPhailure

You can close it yourself I believe, in the lower left corner.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on September 18, 2009, 05:44:11 PM
Is there any hard game mechanics layed out for the game? Im not asking what they are but just to know if there some serious planing has bin done.
Yes, I have already developed a lot in terms of core game mechanics and all that. The main reasons I do not post stuff about it yet is because A) You guys all know I like keeping surprise, B) The scope of this project is significantly larger than that of the current version of the game, in addition to the fact that most of the team spends most of their time from day to day focusing on other aspects of their life than Stick Online. Therefore, most of the development thus far has been more in the technical/raw form. So in other words, if I were to preview stuff to you guys, it'd be more like "oooh look how efficient this engine coding is and how sweet these physics are" than actual "hey look how cool this actual game is." Basically what it all comes down to is that I'd much rather wait until we have something really significant to show before we go and start previewing you guys with stuff.

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 18, 2009, 08:23:43 PM
You can close it yourself I believe, in the lower left corner.
For seriously. I never really understood people insisting that topics be closed because it's "done" anyways though. If people are done asking/talking on a topic then it will just die naturally, it's how forums were designed :P.

P.S. If any of this was hard to understand, blame it on my lack of sleep the last few days X_X