News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online 3

Started by ARTgames, September 17, 2009, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Yea that stuff is basic string manipulation. Also note he didn't spell Meiun correct any of the times he tried. Stick online 3 sounds like its going to be a fantastic game Meiun! I really like the idea of having zones instead of a large seamless world. It will allow for a much bigger and a more 3 dimensional world. Its great that you've given us some information to make us look even more forward to the new version. Best of wishes and good luck!
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

senthery

Quote from: DarkTrinity on September 18, 2009, 01:31:47 AM
Either way, Delicious has some top-notch artist skills, so I don't think we'll be disappointed :)

And I keep telling you all... It'll be released December 2012 ^-^

my graduation year f-t-w :D

mikkelet

Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but what about sounds? (if you're going to make a mario-esque game, then you need catchy music that goes with it :D)

HamsterPants

Quote from: mikkelet on October 20, 2009, 09:42:01 AM
Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but what about sounds? (if you're going to make a mario-esque game, then you need catchy music that goes with it :D)
That's a good question, but i think everyone enjoyed the luxury of being able yo listen to their own music.

yottabyte

Quote from: HamsterPants on October 20, 2009, 11:15:15 AM
That's a good question, but i think everyone enjoyed the luxury of being able yo listen to their own music.
IF there will be background music, I think there should be one feature to turn off BGM and one to turn off SFX. Anyone?

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Lucifer

Quote from: yottabyte on October 20, 2009, 11:25:51 AM
IF there will be background music, I think there should be one feature to turn off BGM and one to turn off SFX. Anyone?
I think that's pretty obvious, as we already do have a feature to turn on/off the SFX. Anyways I don't think having background music is completely necessary, nor can I really think of any type of music that would fit for that matter.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lucifer on October 20, 2009, 11:54:55 AM
Quote from: yottabyte on October 20, 2009, 11:25:51 AM
I think that's pretty obvious, as we already do have a feature to turn on/off the SFX. Anyways I don't think having background music is completely necessary, nor can I really think of any type of music that would fit for that matter.
Exactly, I agree with you completely.

Meiun

I'd love to add music to the game at some point, but the problem is that I would really want to make sure that if I did add it, the music would be quality stuff that I really felt fit the game well (and obviously music does not take as high of a priority as some other stuff). Obviously if I did add any, there would be an option to turn it off.

stick d00d

Agreed, also i think that the music in some online games gets very annoying and repetitive after a while, which is why you need an on/off for it as was said before.

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on October 20, 2009, 03:24:51 PM
I'd love to add music to the game at some point, but the problem is that I would really want to make sure that if I did add it, the music would be quality stuff that I really felt fit the game well (and obviously music does not take as high of a priority as some other stuff). Obviously if I did add any, there would be an option to turn it off.

Thank you to who ever brot this up.

And i would also like music. But as Meiun said "music would be quality stuff that I really felt fit the game well" and "there would be an option to turn it off" i agree with.

I like the idea of music for games when its well done. I think people under rate sound. I think sound, if done right, can make some one more engaged in a game than having nice graphics. But yes, game play is worth the most in a video game.

But other than BGM. What about new sound effects other than the punch noise?

Scotty

Ya know what would be cool?  If Meiun gave us a list of creatures that would be put into the game (not necessarily the graphics, he could just say "A giant purple and pink striped flesh eating ground pounding catepillar), then we could possibly all go and download a sound editing tool such as Audacity, and have a sort of competition to see who could come up with the best sounds for these creatures.  The best thing is, it wouldn't really spoil anything for the game, because he could just go and make up a random list of things and then have all the ideas in the world to choose from.

Whaddya think?

mikkelet

Quote from: ARTgames on October 20, 2009, 05:22:44 PM
Quote from: Meiun on October 20, 2009, 03:24:51 PM

Thank you to who ever brot this up.
well np :P

Quote from: ARTgames on October 20, 2009, 05:22:44 PM

And i would also like music. But as Meiun said "music would be quality stuff that I really felt fit the game well" and "there would be an option to turn it off" i agree with.

I like the idea of music for games when its well done. I think people under rate sound. I think sound, if done right, can make some one more engaged in a game than having nice graphics. But yes, game play is worth the most in a video game.

But other than BGM. What about new sound effects other than the punch noise?

Yes, at least more sfx than one hit and one open/close inventory sound :P perhabs monster growl or smt.

If making some bgm, you might not want a band a such, as not everyone likes the same genre of music. Something simple moodish music would be appreciated :P

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on October 20, 2009, 07:27:49 PM
Ya know what would be cool?  If Meiun gave us a list of creatures that would be put into the game (not necessarily the graphics, he could just say "A giant purple and pink striped flesh eating ground pounding catepillar), then we could possibly all go and download a sound editing tool such as Audacity, and have a sort of competition to see who could come up with the best sounds for these creatures.  The best thing is, it wouldn't really spoil anything for the game, because he could just go and make up a random list of things and then have all the ideas in the world to choose from.

Whaddya think?
That would be cool. Certainly when he gets to that point. Do you think they have a list of monsters for the game yet?

Pat

I think theyd have some idea about the monsters they want ingame. I don't know if its a good idea to release that information yet anyway, even if its half made up because then people will start spreading rumors and such.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Hikarikuen

Quote from: Pat on October 21, 2009, 05:06:29 PM
I think theyd have some idea about the monsters they want ingame. I don't know if its a good idea to release that information yet anyway, even if its half made up because then people will start spreading rumors and such.

Well of course, that's what keeps everyone entertained.