News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Will you miss stick online 2?

Started by ARTgames, September 29, 2009, 06:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Made this topic for stick online one and i think this same topic can be applied here also. Will you miss stick online 2?

God-I-Suck

I will indeed miss S.O. 2. All my memories where in that game, but hopefully S.O. 3 will be fun for me and remind me much of S.O. 2. I will greatly miss 2..

LeGuy

Maybe, but I'm sure Meiun will manage to capture all the nostaliga we love in Stick Online 3. After all, no time to dwell on old memories when there are countless new ones to be made...
Whee!

crozier

definantly.
Nothing can true replace SO2.

Trogdor

To be honest, I won't really miss Stick Online 2 once V3 comes out. Sure, there were good memories associated with this game, but the community will, for the most part, remain the same transitioning from V2 to V3. Personally, I think the community was what made this game such a success from the start, coupled with Meiun's dedication and the rest of our fantastic SO team. Without either of these factors, SO most likely would've wound up alot like SAO; underdeveloped and lacking a solid fanbase.

With that being said, there were certain nostalgic memories that stand out in my mind when I think of this version, such as the PvP matches on the bridges with knight helms and short swords, fighting for control of the top branch at the bandits, or being spawn-killed by higher-leveled players. Despite the rampant spawn-killing from the old PvP system, I believe that's what gave this game character. It made you learn to respect other players and gave a huge incentive to train, which would increase the likelyhood of your survival. Sure, there were some who were just plain mean and would kill newbies for the fun of it, but there were always some other player who would come by and save them. For me this was the essence of SO, and Meiun has done a good job of keeping with it, just as I'm sure I'll be seeing some V2 in V3. So what's to miss?
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

HamsterPants

Quote from: LeGuy on September 29, 2009, 06:46:14 PM
After all, no time to dwell on old memories when there are countless new ones to be made...
Beautiful, I couldnt have said it better myself.

ARTgames

After all, no time to dwell on old memories when there are countless new ones to be made...

And i hope that is true.

Mr Pwnage

I'll get back to you on this one after I give Version 3 a try...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Still AliveWe do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Yeah. Kind of fits. Anyway, pretty much what LeGuy said.

flashmaniac

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 29, 2009, 07:44:16 PM
Quote from: Still AliveWe do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Yeah. Kind of fits. Anyway, pretty much what LeGuy said.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!

<3 Companion Cube.

Mystery

Maybe, but I'm sure Meiun will manage to capture all the nostaliga we love in Stick Online 3. After all, no time to dwell on old memories when there are countless new ones to be made...
Exact same opinion. I know I didn't play for long, but I still liked SOV2, and no matter how much I miss it, I am ready for the next one.  :D
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

DarkTrinity

Well, does anyone REALLY miss V1? I mean, yes, the graphics were simple and classic, but there wasn't much to do. I think the same will be pretty much true for V2, at least for me anyways. There was way more to do in V2 compared to V1, but there's gonna be even MORE things to do in V3.
All in all, I think some things in V2 will be missed, but everyone will be so busy enjoying V3 I don't think anyone will be devestated

EpicPhailure

S.O. 1 is a classic in my opinion. It's like Super Mario Brothers without the replay value.

Torch

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 29, 2009, 09:39:02 PM
S.O. 1 is a classic in my opinion. It's like Super Mario Brothers without the replay value.
Says someone who's never played it >.>. I agree though, I still miss SOv1. SOv2 doesn't have that classic feel and I doubt I'll miss it too much.

11clock

I will miss SOV2. The good times I've had...