News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Will you miss stick online 2?

Started by ARTgames, September 29, 2009, 06:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 29, 2009, 09:39:02 PM
S.O. 1 is a classic in my opinion. It's like Super Mario Brothers without the replay value.

I actually laughed out loud while reading that. I remember before the server went down someone had the link for the SO1 download, so it was fun just running around and seeing the very first Stick Online, though it did get boring rather quickly without other players. It's amazing how far SO has come (and how much farther it will go!).
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Torch on September 29, 2009, 09:44:18 PM
S.O. 1 is a classic in my opinion. It's like Super Mario Brothers without the replay value.
Says someone who's never played it >.>. I agree though, I still miss SOv1. SOv2 doesn't have that classic feel and I doubt I'll miss it too much.

SHHHHH =P

Looperpuck

Sure, I'll miss stick online 2. With all the memories.... Getting my first Pair of Wbe at lvl 25 then accidently selling them, Helping hammer a skele to the temple, Getting my first double drop, and all the rest. But I think that I wont miss stick online 2 that much while playing Stick online 3. I will mostly miss stick online 2 because of my account being gone, and all the memories with the other people.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Mr Pwnage

SO1 is classic in my opinion...it's just old people. They are grumpy, smelly, and senile...just like SO1.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Red October

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on September 29, 2009, 11:09:21 PM
SO1 is classic in my opinion...it's just old people. They are grumpy, smelly, and senile...just like SO1.

!@#$ you. Lol joke.

I still miss SO1. SO2 won't be missed. SO3 will be interesting.

Pat

Quote from: Trogdor on September 29, 2009, 09:48:00 PM

I actually laughed out loud while reading that. I remember before the server went down someone had the link for the SO1 download, so it was fun just running around and seeing the very first Stick Online, though it did get boring rather quickly without other players. It's amazing how far SO has come (and how much farther it will go!).
There was one more Stick Online after that. The one you played is probably the Mplay version (Basically SOzero) SO1 was made with 39dll and you didn't host the game or have a maximum of only 4 players.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Cactuscat222

I don't understand why you would "miss" SOv1, but not SOv2...

I mean, I'll say we won't know till we get there - but I still don't understand the logic in that. Did you just not care about SOv2?

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Red October

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 30, 2009, 03:58:48 AM

I mean, I'll say we won't know till we get there - but I still don't understand the logic in that. Did you just not care about SOv2?

I got banned at lvl 30. ;)

Torch

Quote from: Pat on September 30, 2009, 03:18:11 AM
Quote from: Trogdor on September 29, 2009, 09:48:00 PM

There was one more Stick Online after that. The one you played is probably the Mplay version (Basically SOzero) SO1 was made with 39dll and you didn't host the game or have a maximum of only 4 players.
My post referred to the 39dll one.

EDIT: I see you quoted Trogdor so just ignore this.

Lingus

I already miss SO2. Even though donors can still play, it's not the same. In fact, things started changing around the desert update. I have fond memories of post-desert SO2, but what really makes me nostalgic is the pre-desert era. THAT was classic SO for me (I didn't play SO1.) Meeting everyone, rising in the ranks from pure noob to a more established member of the community, fighting rockies (I NEVER do that anymore)... those were the days.

So, yes, I will miss SO2 when/if the server ever finally gets put down after SO3 comes... but I will welcome the change as I feel the experience has become stale. Even running around the old haunts doesn't compare to my memories of them. The people are different, the vibe is different. When SO3 comes out I think it will be good because everything will be completely new. We'll all have to make new memories for the new game.

Lucifer

ARTgames

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 30, 2009, 03:58:48 AM

Did any one say they dont miss stick online 2 but they miss one? or are you assuming that?

Meiun

Quote from: Lingus on September 30, 2009, 02:12:42 PM
I already miss SO2. Even though donors can still play, it's not the same. In fact, things started changing around the desert update. I have fond memories of post-desert SO2, but what really makes me nostalgic is the pre-desert era. THAT was classic SO for me (I didn't play SO1.) Meeting everyone, rising in the ranks from pure noob to a more established member of the community, fighting rockies (I NEVER do that anymore)... those were the days.

So, yes, I will miss SO2 when/if the server ever finally gets put down after SO3 comes... but I will welcome the change as I feel the experience has become stale. Even running around the old haunts doesn't compare to my memories of them. The people are different, the vibe is different. When SO3 comes out I think it will be good because everything will be completely new. We'll all have to make new memories for the new game.
Originally the desert was suppose to be big, but only because we intended the rest of the world after that to be even bigger. Never quite got that far though as you all can see.

Either way, there is no guarantee the SO2 donor server will go down right away when V3 comes out. If there were still enough people interested in V2, and people still enough donating in it's name when V3 came out, it could probably continue to stay up. I really can't make any promises on this though. Either way, I'd imagine less and less would be interested in it anyways once V3 came out.

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on September 30, 2009, 02:12:42 PM
You just brought back a huge whiff of nostalgia for me.

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on September 30, 2009, 05:44:39 PM
Either way, there is no guarantee the SO2 donor server will go down right away when V3 comes out. If there were still enough people interested in V2, and people still enough donating in it's name when V3 came out, it could probably continue to stay up. I really can't make any promises on this though. Either way, I'd imagine less and less would be interested in it anyways once V3 came out.

And i hope that is true. when stick online 3 comes out i what it to make me not even care if there was a 2. am i hyping it too much for my self? :P