News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What would YOU like to see most in SO3?

Started by Hambone, December 20, 2009, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Mystery

Quote from: Lucifer on December 21, 2009, 11:22:34 AM
Quote from: Jake on December 20, 2009, 05:41:09 PM
More nudity pls.
A-!@#$ing-men.
I'm pretty sure that everyone on SO is ALREADY nude, seeing as none of the stick figures are wearing clothing. Can't get much more nude than that.   :P

As for what I'd like to see, skills, better stat system(so none of the stats are overpowered compared to another), and a wider range of hats and weapons as well as possibly items and clothing.

Oh yeah, and for it to actually happen before December 23, 2012.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

thekolla

i would like to see tons of hats weapons and monsters.

this is what i think is gonna happen about it realising.

December 23th, 2012,
Meuin:, its done!!!

5 hours later,

News:, shocking news the world is ending!!! D:!

Petro

Quote from: thekolla on December 21, 2009, 02:26:51 PM
i would like to see tons of hats weapons and monsters.

this is what i think is gonna happen about it realising.

December 23th, 2012,
Meuin:, its done!!!

5 hours later,

News:, shocking news the world is ending!!! D:!

The world will actually end on the 21st, get it right.

And personally I would love to see a giant chicken fighting a giant banana in a never ending war for reasons too complicated for the human mind to comprehend as I play.

Demeni

Getting inside buildings like the hat shop and the ability to tell someone something without everyone else hearing it.

CherryPie

Aerial attacks. Seriously, that's what's making a sidescroller dynamic.

Pat

Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

ASD!

Aqua

I really don't have much to say. I come up with all kinds of things I like to call 'concept work.' When the game comes out, that will be enough for me. But of course, I will get more great ideas upon seeing what all the team has done.
~Aqua

DarkTrinity

I'm doing a mini-necro on this topic...

I thought of something I think would be interesting to see in SOv3, idk if it's been mentioned already or not though.

Anyways, I think some sort of crafting would be cool. Instead of having monsters just drop hats and weapons, also have them drop crafting elements such as cloth, metals, etc. I was thinking it could be done for some of the stronger, more rare weapons. Also, have a blacksmith & tailor/hatmaker where they have a list of possible weapons that can be made and what crafting materials you need, and also have it cost more money for the stronger weapons. That way there's a use for the mounds of gold people seem to pile up.

Although, I dont know how difficult it would be to impliment that into stick online...

Hambone

I suggested that a long while back I also think it's  agreat way to add some sort of economy to the game. Especially if trade were to be implemented.

ARTgames

Quote from: DarkTrinity on January 12, 2010, 07:28:21 PM
I'm doing a mini-necro on this topic...

I thought of something I think would be interesting to see in SOv3, idk if it's been mentioned already or not though.

Anyways, I think some sort of crafting would be cool. Instead of having monsters just drop hats and weapons, also have them drop crafting elements such as cloth, metals, etc. I was thinking it could be done for some of the stronger, more rare weapons. Also, have a blacksmith & tailor/hatmaker where they have a list of possible weapons that can be made and what crafting materials you need, and also have it cost more money for the stronger weapons. That way there's a use for the mounds of gold people seem to pile up.

Although, I dont know how difficult it would be to impliment that into stick online...

I don't mind it its just I'm not sure what parts meiun wants to put depth in the game.

But hey that's the the point of the topic. :P I'm sorry i get carried away.

Lucifer

Quote from: Hambone on January 12, 2010, 08:25:21 PM
I suggested that a long while back I also think it's  agreat way to add some sort of economy to the game. Especially if trade were to be implemented.
We've all suggested it, or something like it, one time or another. Honestly I think the basic thing everyone wants is something to Do other than destroy and collect. It doesn't matter what it is, whether it be skills like fishing or cooking, crafting ideas like blacksmithing or tailoring, or even quests. Some sort of gameplay element where, even though the process would probably be the same (you're still whacking away at shit to get your materials), theres at least a satisfying end goal.

One thing I'd like to see someday, is an ingame PvP ranking system. The Arena would actually be srs bsns, incorporating the Stick Online PvP League website idea into the game. Players could challenge other players within a number range of their level, or Clans could challenge other clans for supremacy. The top arena players, and the players in the top guild, would get some sort of symbol above their names representing their rank. I believe as a PvP based game, Stick Online really needs something to PvP over, besides the occasional Official Tournament.

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on January 13, 2010, 01:47:58 PM
One thing I'd like to see someday, is an ingame PvP ranking system. The Arena would actually be srs bsns, incorporating the Stick Online PvP League website idea into the game. Players could challenge other players within a number range of their level, or Clans could challenge other clans for supremacy. The top arena players, and the players in the top guild, would get some sort of symbol above their names representing their rank. I believe as a PvP based game, Stick Online really needs something to PvP over, besides the occasional Official Tournament.
That's actually a really good concept. It would fit perfectly with the theme of SO in general. Aside from item hunting, people are mostly concerned with pvp and tournaments. Most of the game is really just a lead in to pvp. You grind to gain levels and items so that in the end you can pvp better. It's basically the "End game" content, what you do when you've almost reached max level and have nearly all the rare items.

It would be great to see that fully realized in SO3. Something literally built into the game rather than an ad hoc thing run mostly by players. There could even be a seasonal ladder system so that people had a chance every 3 months to fight to the top of the list.

Lucifer

To build onto clans competing in the arena, I'd love to see things for clans to actually do, something they could fight for. Originally clans would claim the mountain or wall or temple etc, but there was no real point to it besides having fun. Perhaps something along these lines. When a clan leader creates a clan, he's given a flag. This flag works very much like Zario's sign idea, where it displays the clan name above it. (Just like it does over a player, for example, <Teh Shmexies>). This flag could obviously be destroyed. Now, this could just be a visual representation of king of the hill, or it could be taken in other directions. Maybe this flag allows clan members to save it as a spawn, or perhaps when it is placed in an important area it broadcasts a message. For example, Teh Shmexies have claimed the Temple!!!

Which reminds me. The one thing I would love to see most of all, and this is in every game I play, is a base for clans. Now generally this idea is shot down immediately, saying there just isn't enough room for every single clan to have a base. But what if they were invisible? When someone joins a clan the clan leader could give them a key which allows you to, when at the correct place, press ctrl and enter the hideout. Now, we could could incorporate the flag idea into this. The flag, when held at high profile areas, could generate income into the clan vault. This money could be open to the clan to take from and add to, or perhaps the clan leader could use it to make improvements to the guild base. (But that just might be taking this idea too far, I'll stop here for now.)