News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What would YOU like to see most in SO3?

Started by Hambone, December 20, 2009, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Luc, make a topic in suggestions. I like where you're going with all this. It's definitely worth discussion. And I totally agree. I would love SO3 to move in the PvP and Clan vs. Clan direction.

Snakeman

Well, besides me becoming a mod and all...[/false hopes]

I wouldn't mind seeing an actual trade system... and actual skills for that matter.

wrinkles

i think trading would ruin the game because of the fact of low level players getting good weapons and hats.. IMO it would make the game too easy. i like it the way it is now

Snakeman

Quote from: wrinkles on January 17, 2010, 07:49:39 AM
i think trading would ruin the game because of the fact of low level players getting good weapons and hats.. IMO it would make the game too easy. i like it the way it is now

You're kidding, right? There are many low level players getting high-end weapons via slapping hard-to-kill NPCs an innumerable amount of times and getting lucky.

Besides, you can't really use a high-end weapon effectively at a low level. You still won't have the stats that make end-gamers so damn tough.

Getting a GS at lvl 1 isn't gonna help much. Especially when you can only swing it like 3 times before having to recharge your stam (a good minute or so of waiting.)

wrinkles

fair enough with the weapons but the hats still make my opinion the same

as well, there is only a few weapons that are like that.. what about katanas, wooden hammers or even whips

Snakeman

Quote from: wrinkles on January 17, 2010, 08:33:50 AM

as well, there is only a few weapons that are like that.. what about katanas, wooden hammers or even whips

Katanas drain your stam heavily and are weaker than short swords, which are actually EASIER to get. Plus newbies don't have much stam (I believe they start with... 90? A katana use is around 10-12 stam.)
Wooden hammers are dropped by BBB's, which are found IN THE FIRST AREA OF THE GAME.
Whips are flat-out weak. They only have good range, but other than that, not much at all.

Wanna keep going? :)

stick d00d

Quote from: Snakeman on January 17, 2010, 11:14:57 AM

Katanas drain your stam heavily and are weaker than short swords, which are actually EASIER to get. Plus newbies don't have much stam (I believe they start with... 90? A katana use is around 10-12 stam.)
Wooden hammers are dropped by BBB's, which are found IN THE FIRST AREA OF THE GAME.
Whips are flat-out weak. They only have good range, but other than that, not much at all.

I thought this was about SO3? Who knows the vast amount of weapons we will have etc, plus we all won't have high lvl chars to trade shit to our noobs right off the bat. So this won't even matter when So3 is just released. Plus, you still have to get the drops from 1 of your characters anyways.

wrinkles

Quote from: Snakeman on January 17, 2010, 11:14:57 AM

Its not the point anyway, your ment to find the items yourself not be hand given them.. if your given a DH at level 1.. that unbalances the game

wrinkles

Quote from: stick d00d on January 17, 2010, 12:38:35 PM
Plus, you still have to get the drops from 1 of your characters anyways.

There are people with multipule BC, DH, GS, IS, Bunny ears.. they can easily just trade them wo whoever they want...

The only way i'd like trading systems if you cannot trade with someone if there is a 20 level difference or something like that

stick d00d

Quote from: wrinkles on January 17, 2010, 12:53:07 PM
Quote from: stick d00d on January 17, 2010, 12:38:35 PM
Plus, you still have to get the drops from 1 of your characters anyways.

There are people with multipule BC, DH, GS, IS, Bunny ears.. they can easily just trade them wo whoever they want...

The only way i'd like trading systems if you cannot trade with someone if there is a 20 level difference or something like that
We are talking about SO3 though not SO2.

T-Rok

Quote from: Lucifer on January 13, 2010, 02:29:47 PM
Teh Shmexies have claimed the Temple!!!

And there you have it, its still the number 1 clan on his mind ;)

But yes, on the subject of this I would like to see, trade and skills are my #1 but i'm sure that's everyone's

Cactuscat222

As people have stated, this is for SO3, not for SO2.

But either way, if you are worried about high level players handing out good items to low levels... there are several things you can do.

For one, you can put level/stat requirements on the items. Make it so only higher level players can utilize the better equipment. This doesn't mean that the equipment doesn't drop for low level players, just that they can't use it until they reach the requirements.

Second, I say if a high level player wants to give away a great item to a low level player, go for it. It is probably his loss, especially if the economy matters more in SOv3: Think about it, if gold has some good purposes, I doubt people will just give out high level items that they could easily sell for good money, or get other good items in return for them.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Pat

The best way to make trading fair is level requirements for each item. You could have a pair of bunny ears that give +2 agi and level 1 is required and then you could have a pair that gives +10 that needs level 80.
The main thing I want to see is old areas from the first two games and skills.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

wrinkles

i wouldn't mind seeing..

- when you level up, you recover all of your hp and stamina, with maybe a happy tune as well.. the main point being more should be done for when u level.
- A falling animation
- Certain weapons that affect your speed, jump height and that makes you fall faster
So hammers make you slower, your jump height is decreased and you fall faster
-directional hits
example.. if you press s (attack) you would swing your sword above your head

:)

Lingus

Level reqs on items will never be added. Meiun has mentioned that several times. I tend to agree. As mentioned, the "requirements" are kind of built into weapons already. You can't use them very effectively if you don't have enough stats. As for trading, it was already mentioned, make sure people have a good reason NOT to just give away their extra items. If someone has a rare item that they don't need, make sure there is a good reason for them to trade it for a fair value. Either gold, or another item. Basically, this is all about building up the economy (not just gold) of the game. If items have value other than using them, then people will be less likely to give them away and more likely to trade them to someone for something else of similar value that they can use.