News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

update

Started by scsox, December 28, 2009, 10:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foG

Leave poor jake alone!! >: o if he feels like spriting backrounds for SOv2 then for gods sake let him!! :3

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Lingus

Pat

Quote from: Lingus on December 29, 2009, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: Jake on December 29, 2009, 03:26:42 PM
Quote from: Delicious on December 29, 2009, 03:23:50 PM
How about SO3 gets finished instead...?
I'm not helping with SO3, so I don't mind adding some more backgrounds to SO2.
How about NFO gets finished then? >.>
Zing!
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on December 29, 2009, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: Jake on December 29, 2009, 03:26:42 PM
I'm not helping with SO3, so I don't mind adding some more backgrounds to SO2.
How about NFO gets finished then? >.>

... Yeah! 

... That!

Demeni

Quote from: CherryPie on December 29, 2009, 09:19:59 AM
Ok, Meiun never releases halfly done stuff. So this area is finished.
Could be either a place for spawn parties, or a place for team pvp's (clan system, muuch? What's with the newspaper guy? ;))
What's bothering me is that someone hammered me when I was on fabi and I flew ways to the right, there was water, water and, guess what(?). Yeah, more water. But why isn't there an invisible wall, like it was before?
Isn't it just unused memory if you place such a huge unused area after the boat?
So what, there's still more to come? D:

Go Jake, the pandora jungle is just right ahead of us! :D

I need to correct this. I hit an Invisible wall, after several tries. I barely hit it, but I assure you, there is a wall.
Also, go awesome Pandora Jungle!

krele

Quote from: krele on December 29, 2009, 12:41:46 PM
Quote from: stick d00d on December 29, 2009, 12:37:23 PM
Quote from: krele on December 29, 2009, 12:20:46 PM
How do you people mean "undone" stuff? He released a new place, so what makes you think he won't update it with monsters? How about desert, or better yet, how about noobland? Noobland existed since the first SO2 version, and just few days ago meiun added a new boss to spawn there. So, thinking that Jake worked his ass up on this awesome area, just for it to be a chilling place is sorta dumb.

Nothing is done yet, no area is finished if it's based upon what you say here. He can always update the new area with stuff we didn't see before. Would that mean "Finishing" the area? No.

I think there will be pirates here... We all know there already is a pirate hat, so why not making a monster that drops one? Also what about, adding mini cannons, pirate guns (YEAH I SAID IT), rapiers and other shit that belong to pirates? SO2 is if you ask me is far from done.

@Lingus:
My point exactly, just your grammar is far better than mine so people may not actually understand what I talk about...

Edited for typos...
I completely agree with you, this area is most definitely not just for hanging out, I'm certain Jake wouldn't have took all the time to make this ship just to  sit around and pvp on it, plus he already said it will serve a greater purpose. And pirates would be epic :P. I'm guessing there will be an island after the ship, it would just fit in so perfectly.

After the ship... an islad?...hmm... How about a jungle?
Would meiun really pay attention about releasing an update like this if SO3 was nearly complete? He probably added this as a side project, and why not do so again?

Delicious

Would meiun really pay attention about releasing an update like this if SO3 was nearly complete? He probably added this as a side project, and why not do so again?

I'm only saying that perhaps not getting too carried away from this update would be best. Jake can continue all he wants with creating these backgrounds and Meiun can also keep adding them in, but to expect another island/jungle from this would be a little to much, wouldn't it? I mean, if they wanted to they can go ahead and do so, I'm certainly not going to stop them (as if I could, anyways).

SO3's progress is irrelevent with your reply.

Cool update, by the way. Must be interesting to discover a whole new area after such an exstensive amount of time.  :)
<3

krele

Quote from: Delicious on December 30, 2009, 03:48:03 AM

I'm only saying that perhaps not getting too carried away from this update would be best. Jake can continue all he wants with creating these backgrounds and Meiun can also keep adding them in, but to expect another island/jungle from this would be a little to much, wouldn't it? I mean, if they wanted to they can go ahead and do so, I'm certainly not going to stop them (as if I could, anyways).

SO3's progress is irrelevent with your reply.

Cool update, by the way. Must be interesting to discover a whole new area after such an exstensive amount of time.  :)
Ahh... That explains it... My bad.

ARTgames

Lucifer

This is why we can never have nice things...

yottabyte

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

PizzaBoy

They're laying right out in the open while the game is running.

Edit- With GM8 .png support, those could probably be changed to .png to save a lot of file space.

Meiun

Quote from: PizzaBoy on January 01, 2010, 12:48:05 PM

Edit- With GM8 .png support, those could probably be changed to .png to save a lot of file space.
They could have been that in GM7 too, but they don't load as fast.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on January 01, 2010, 02:02:35 PM
Quote from: PizzaBoy on January 01, 2010, 12:48:05 PM

They could have been that in GM7 too, but they don't load as fast.
Well that's one thing I've never understood about PNGs and game maker....if PNGs are so much more compressed than BMP...why does GM7 load them slower?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php