News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat Mixer V1.31. Last updated 30th of December 2010

Started by Celson, July 03, 2009, 07:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

I was thinking about having a damage to stam usage ratio. Obviously, it would not be able to include damage taken by the monster (factoring in the monster's damage reduction) but it might be nice to see how dmg:stam effective certain weapons are. I'm always wondering if I should use the WH or the SS; which one will do more damage before I stam out.

Of course, this would require that you have a database of all the weapons in the game, their base damage, and stam usage. Then you would need to calculate the amount of damage dealt by using the damage formula and include the str that shows currently selected on the stat mixer. Then you could take that and divide by the stam usage of the weapon to get the dmg:stam ratio.

Sound fun?

Celson

Sometime over the weekend I will attempt to implement the amount of damage you do with X strength and X weapon attack power. And I will also try out Linguses damage:stamina ratio idea. If I am successful then I should have uploaded an update by Monday  :).

Bo-sox

Lingus

Awesome. Thanks Celson. That'll be a really usefull tool I think. I for one would definitely use it.

Celson

After 4 days of hard work, I have also most finished my new version of Stat Mixer. Here is a screen shot.

All that's left to do is to finish adding in 23 more hats and all the weapons. This version enhances the ability to form the 'perfect' stat build for you. I estimate that this version will be released within a week of this post.

God-I-Suck

That looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

Lingus

You added the damage:stamina ratio!? That's freakin awesome!

Mr Pwnage

O___O Damn. That looks useful. Gimme.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Ohohohoho.

What's the damage calculator based on? An enemy with 0 defense?

Lingus

I imagine it's all based on output rather than damage received. The damage formula was posted earlier by Joel. Is the damage reduction formula even public knowledge? Even so there'd have to be some place to input "enemy defense" (presumably to enter the defense of a known opponent rather than an npc) and an additional field that would display damage dealt.

yottabyte

That sure looks awesome  ;D

Not to be picky, but if you used the pictures from Jesusland, please give credit! ^^ Hard work behind that. And nvm if you didn't.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Celson

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 08, 2009, 11:30:07 PM
Ohohohoho.

What's the damage calculator based on? An enemy with 0 defense?

I calculated damage using this formula 'Damage = 1+(STR*4/100)*Weapon_Damage'. Thanks to Joel for providing it.

Quote from: Lingus on October 09, 2009, 12:17:55 AM
Is the damage reduction formula even public knowledge? Even so there'd have to be some place to input "enemy defense" (presumably to enter the defense of a known opponent rather than an npc) and an additional field that would display damage dealt.

As far as I know, the damage reduction formula has not been made publicly known. I attempted to figure out the formula using sets of data, and comparing them. But unfortunately I couldn't get it right. Although I did come close.

I may also later do something with your idea about the actual damage dealt on opponents depending on there vitality (I will have to talk to Meiun and see if he can reveal the damage reduction formula so that I can add it to Stat Mixer). But that would be for later versions. For now I want to get V1.2 released

Quote from: yottabyte on October 09, 2009, 09:47:08 AM
That sure looks awesome  ;D

Not to be picky, but if you used the pictures from Jesusland, please give credit! ^^ Hard work behind that. And nvm if you didn't.

I have no idea how you figured out that I was ripping sprites from the Jesusland website Lol. But I do intend to give credit to Jesusland when I release V1.2.

JoEL

Why should he have to give credit to jesusland? I understand that it's a stick online database and what not...but I mean what did they even do? Except rip the graphics from the game, if anything there should be credit given to the Stick-Online team.

yottabyte

Quote from: JoEL on October 10, 2009, 12:18:47 AM
Why should he have to give credit to jesusland? I understand that it's a stick online database and what not...but I mean what did they even do? Except rip the graphics from the game, if anything there should be credit given to the Stick-Online team.
We do give credit to the Stick Online team, but I don't think you would like it if you put a lot of time and effort into collecting all the sprites, and than someone just uses em and doesn't give you credit.

Kinda like BrandonK773 and Joey06 did. But they ripped everything. And they fail, because all the pictures at their site are still hosted at jesusland.

Anyway, thanks for giving us credit, Celson!  :)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

JoEL

I still don't understand why he should have to give you credit for using the images you guys TOOK from Stick Online.