News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat Mixer V1.31. Last updated 30th of December 2010

Started by Celson, July 03, 2009, 07:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Doesn't matter. It doesn't hurt anyone in any way.

Scotty

Quote from: yottabyte on October 10, 2009, 05:25:37 AM
Kinda like BrandonK773 and Joey06 did. But they ripped everything. And they fail, because all the pictures at their site are still hosted at jesusland.

Anyway, thanks for giving us credit, Celson!  :)

You do realize that you can block referencing images on other web domains right?  Granted it's an all or nothing deal, where you can't only block Brandonk and Joey, but everyone all at once.  It's just an option.

yottabyte

Quote from: Scotty on October 10, 2009, 06:58:53 PM
Quote from: yottabyte on October 10, 2009, 05:25:37 AM
Kinda like BrandonK773 and Joey06 did. But they ripped everything. And they fail, because all the pictures at their site are still hosted at jesusland.

Anyway, thanks for giving us credit, Celson!  :)

You do realize that you can block referencing images on other web domains right?  Granted it's an all or nothing deal, where you can't only block Brandonk and Joey, but everyone all at once.  It's just an option.
Yes, I looked into that stuff when I started working with the site, but I figured that even if I put effort into making those scripts, they could still save em to their computers and reupload em.
I find it better when users can look up what site they're hosted at and locate the original site.

@Joel, now you've got something to think about at least. But don't waste your time, it's kinda obvious that the answer is 42.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

JoEL

Actually it's 0, because what you say is equal to false.
Long story short, sprites arent yours, you deserve no credit for screens shotting, sorry :)

Mystery

Quote from: JoEL on October 11, 2009, 07:50:12 AM
Long story short, sprites arent yours, you deserve no credit for screens shotting, sorry :)
True, the sprites are not theirs. But the folks at Jesusland did put a lot of time and effort into collecting all the sprites and ripping them(not to mention the data for everything, too). And they give full credit to the S.O. team for actually making the sprites. It doesn't matter if the sprites aren't theirs. Celson got the sprites from their site, so it's only fair to give credit.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

So, I write a Biography on George Washington, and people steal what I've wrote in my book, but it is okay, because I am not George Washington. You might want to rethink that one.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

JoEL

Quote from: Mystery on October 11, 2009, 01:37:19 PM
True, the sprites are not theirs. But the folks at Jesusland did put a lot of time and effort into collecting all the sprites and ripping them(not to mention the data for everything, too). And they give full credit to the S.O. team for actually making the sprites. It doesn't matter if the sprites aren't theirs. Celson got the sprites from their site, so it's only fair to give credit.

Um I believe it does matter if the sprites arent theres. Who is to say they didn't just decompile the game for the sprites and just steal them? Even if they didn't theres no difference, it's all the same. It's kind of like me print screening a image from a popular game like WoW for example, say I rip an item off the game and post it up on a site showing it and someone else uses it, what does it matter on how the other person got it, they have the same chance to rip the graphic, they just find it easier to take mine. Do I care? sure, but it doesn't mean a single thing because I do not own it.

I mean sure you can give credit, but you are saying you "should" give credit, when he doesn't have to at all, more like he can if he wishes.

@ Mr_Pwnage

We aren't talking about a Biography/Book here, we're talking about images from a game, completely different scenarios. Because first of all, the person writing the book didn't rip Geoge Washingtons life, they would have asked at the very least.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: JoEL on October 11, 2009, 09:34:49 PM
Quote from: Mystery on October 11, 2009, 01:37:19 PM

Um I believe it does matter if the sprites arent theres. Who is to say they didn't just decompile the game for the sprites and just steal them? Even if they didn't theres no difference, it's all the same. It's kind of like me print screening a image from a popular game like WoW for example, say I rip an item off the game and post it up on a site showing it and someone else uses it, what does it matter on how the other person got it, they have the same chance to rip the graphic, they just find it easier to take mine. Do I care? sure, but it doesn't mean a single thing because I do not own it.

I mean sure you can give credit, but you are saying you "should" give credit, when he doesn't have to at all, more like he can if he wishes.

@ Mr_Pwnage

We aren't talking about a Biography/Book here, we're talking about images from a game, completely different scenarios. Because first of all, the person writing the book didn't rip Geoge Washingtons life, they would have asked at the very least.
Well honestly, I think your arguing a very trivial point here...and seeing as your opinion is fixed, and your quite the bull-headed one (not necessarily a bad thing, just stating a fact)...I see no point in hijacking his topic over the matter...since Celson isn't really involved in this mess.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

To be honest I don't think the website that is being referred to here, Jesusland, has any claim to a credit. But, as a curtesy, since he did get the images from there, it would probably be nice if he did give credit. It's not necessary, as Joel points out, that website doesn't own the images. But it would still be nice to make mention of it. I think that is probably what the website owner is looking for.

Celson

Stat Mixer updated

I have now released V1.2. This new version allows you to click an item in the inventory, and see what stat bonuses that item gives. Also fixed a bug, now you cannot set a stat over 99.

Please report any bugs.

yottabyte

Quote from: Lingus on October 12, 2009, 06:32:55 PM
To be honest I don't think the website that is being referred to here, Jesusland, has any claim to a credit. But, as a curtesy, since he did get the images from there, it would probably be nice if he did give credit. It's not necessary, as Joel points out, that website doesn't own the images. But it would still be nice to make mention of it. I think that is probably what the website owner is looking for.
Couldn't say write it better.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Lucifer

Looking good, Celson. One thing that's still missing is a way to just type in a level, instead of having to click "Advance a level" over and over.

Matty_Richo

Why can you only go up to 99. I am fairly sure that Sn0w has 100 agi. . .

Celson

Quote from: Matty_Richo on October 14, 2009, 02:14:53 AM

Meiun said this in a PM to me.

Quote from: Meiun on July 23, 2009, 11:47:04 PM
The highest any base stat can go to is 99. The only way they can get higher than this is from item bonus's.

Also Trogdor can confirm that the highest a stat can go is 99.

Trogdor

Quote from: Matty_Richo on October 14, 2009, 02:14:53 AM

I believe since mods are given an extra 10 stat points, the level cap for a chosen stat is 109, vice 99 for the regular player. After the level 100 update, Meiun did not raise the level cap to include the 5 extra stat points in both mods and players. True, Sn0w has a higher stat cap than the normal player, but he would never be able to exceed 109 AGI if he put all of his stat points into AGI up to 100, just like how I could never have higher than 99 STR.

It's too much work for Meiun to raise the stat cap just to cater to the 2 or 3 players who are "pure" in a certain stat.

EDIT: It seems I was beaten to the punch. ;)
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.