News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Guide] on VIT - DEF - HP (SPOILER)

Started by Prosper, January 05, 2010, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosper

Here is the final and 100% accurate guide.

* Special thanks to FOG, Fabi619 and ARTgames  :D for contributing precious DEF/DAM data. And Seifer  :D for giving me a few good hints and finaly confirming the formula : baseDamage*(.22+(1-.22)/(1+defense*.1))=

Without them I couldn't have made this table as accurate as it is now.

EDIT : since people seem to be discussing whats best VIT or STR I've decided to add these grids. Basicaly they have been calculated taking for granted both players are using GS as weapon. First grid is lvl 99 with no hat. Second grid is lvl 100 both wearing DKH.

What you can see is, without DKH VIT is more viable. With DKH STR evens out with VIT as far as hit-for-hit is concerned BUT its much more easy and fun to play PvE.

PS : The 'Hits' column means how many hits needed to kill the other player. NOT the amount of hits it can take.

EDIT : I had nothing to do one night so I decided to sit down and reverse the def formula :

Damage = baseDamage*(.22+(1-.22)/(1+defense*.1))
baseDamage = Damage/(.22+(1-.22)/(1+defense*.1)) [this one was pretty straight forward]
defense = 10*((1-.22)/((Damage/baseDamage)-.22))-10 [this one took me like ... 1 hour to figure out]

Now giving one has accurate wep attack data we can reverse calculate anyone's STR, DEF and VIT just by knowing 2 of the 3 above data. As we know Jesusland has bad wep attack data so using them gives false results.

Here are closer results based on my own testing and calculations. Since damage is rounded up It gives results +/- 1 from true stat you are trying to figure out. Also the more powerfull the attack is the more accurate the results are.

Here is more accurate data on weapons :

Damage = (1+((STR*4))/100)*Weapon Attack

Snowball 5
Punch 8
Candy Canes 10
Kick 12
Branch 13
Whip 13
Dark Gauntlet 13
Hatchet 14
Dagger 14
Katana 15
Lantern 15
Spire Dagger 19
Short Sword 20
Scythe 25
Wooden Hammer 31
Great Sword 40
Inferno Sword 47
Stone Hammer 50

I wasn't able to test Slasher and LSS damage yet.

ARTgames

Quote-Every DEF reduces by 4.5% the damage you used to receive
100(max of a %) / 4.5(% reduces by def) = 22.2222222 (how much def you need to block 100%)
22.2222222 is the amount of DEF you need so 100% of your dmg is reduces.
so
22.2222222(def you need for 100%) * 3(3 vit is 1 def) = 66.6666666 (how mutch vit you need)
so about 67 vit you need to get so you can never take a hit if 4.5% is that amount reduces for 1 def.

All I'm saying is 4.5% is a really ruff estment. Im not sure how you got the rest of your data.

edit:
everything in this post i did is old. Just wanted to make sure you know know that.

JoEL

I don't think this is true, because I beleive seifer and meiun both said there is a softcap for defense(?). Every defense point after a certain point it slowly becomes less useful, well at least I think thats what I heard.

Seifer

Quote from: JoEL on January 06, 2010, 12:29:53 AM
I don't think this is true, because I beleive seifer and meiun both said there is a softcap for defense(?). Every defense point after a certain point it slowly becomes less useful, well at least I think thats what I heard.

He's got it. And unless you have the Defense formula, you won't be able to calculate it.

CherryPie

the most funny of all is that you cannot have 100 vit. (gm's excluded)

Prosper

I've edited my first post so the first few replies no longer make sense.

Seifer

The point is, the more vit you get, the less effective it becomes towards Defense. So maybe at 20 vit your getting 4.5% but at 60 vit it would be maybe... 2%.. Who knows, i dont know the percentages, but you get the idea.

Prosper

Quote from: Seifer on January 06, 2010, 06:36:36 AM
The point is, the more vit you get, the less effective it becomes towards Defense. So maybe at 20 vit your getting 4.5% but at 60 vit it would be maybe... 2%.. Who knows, i dont know the percentages, but you get the idea.

You were right Seifer I found the exact caps.

Lingus

Where did you get that information. Is it just based on seeing how much damage you receive at different defense levels? Or do you actually have the defense formula? I find it hard to believe that you reverse engineered a complex formula such as this...

Prosper

Quote from: Lingus on January 06, 2010, 03:36:18 PM
Where did you get that information. Is it just based on seeing how much damage you receive at different defense levels? Or do you actually have the defense formula? I find it hard to believe that you reverse engineered a complex formula such as this...

Well I think I just did reverse engeneer it with FOG's help I got the missing data and with Seifers 'tip' He put me on the right track.

Anyone who notices that the info here is not exact by  ~1 damage (because I truncate the decimals) may post it here with his DEF and Damage taken from Sand fiend.

If I'm off now it won't be by much.

Lingus

Alright, yea I guess.

I do have to say you should try it out with a different monster as well. In fact, as many as you can. The percentages might be off if you check it based on a different initial damage.

Prosper

I have all regular monster damages in my excel sheet.. I guess ima have to make this table yet bigger..

It would be nice if Jesusland.co.cc people could just create a calculator on their web site using the data I just provided here.

Lingus

Yea, I mean actually getting people with different defense levels to get hit by different monsters and see how much damage they actually receive. Then compare that to the percentages you have for their given defense levels. If they match up then you're graph is accurate. If not, you've done something wrong with your calculation.

Prosper

Well I won't bother people to get more info because im pretty sure about the data I have now. If anyone finds an error he can let me know and I will fix it.

I've added a excel sheet with all common monster damage with all possible DEF.

Aqua

By the way, I believe that the Sand Golem's base attack is 100... That could be extremely useful.
~Aqua