News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Guide] on VIT - DEF - HP (SPOILER)

Started by Prosper, January 05, 2010, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Prosper on January 05, 2010, 11:13:01 PM
From 0 to 7 DEF (4.5%)
From 8 to 15 DEF (3%) - Soft cap #1
From 16 to 24 DEF (2%) - Soft cap #2
From 25+ DEF (1%) - Sof cap #3

Ok that makes sense. i see now.

edit:
1                203          0                  0                    
3                209          1                  4.50                
6                218          2                  8.80                  
9                227          3                  12.90                
well 4.50, 8.80, 12.90, is not growing linearly like you make it seem like in your above text. If its 4.5% for each def before the first softcap wouldn't 2 def give you 9%? your text shows 8.80%. which one more accurate?

Lingus

I'm not sure how you're getting your numbers. Even based on the numbers you have here, not even looking at actual data, there are errors. Now this may just be rounding issues, but it seems unlikely. For instance, for 1 def, you say it is a 4.5% reduction. Yet you claim the damage taken will be 53. Taking 4.5% of 58 gives you 2.61. Subtract that from the initial damage of 58 gives you 55.39. Even rounding, you're 2 damage off. Which, since each subsequent level is based on the previous level's damage taken, doesn't that kind of screw everything up?

Prosper

It's hard to explain in words I guess.

The 4.5%, 3%, 2%, 1% are not to be always calculated on the BASE DAMAGE i.e. 56 but on the current damage you are receiving from a specific enemy.

56 is the damage you receive when you have 0 DEF.

56 - (56*4.5%) = 53.48

This means that with 1 DEF you get hit approx 53 damage, if you want to know how much you get hit with 2 DEF you dont take it off the 56 again.

you take the current damage you receive : 53.48 - (53.48*4.5%) = 51.07

Now the % absorption is obtained by calculating (51.07*100)/56 = 91.20% (this means that you are being hit 91.20% of the BASE damage)

meaning that you absorbed : 100 - 91.20 = 8.80% of the damage.

Same applies for the rest of the table.

If you dont want to calculate at all, download my excel sheet there is a place to input ANY custom damage and see how hard it will hit you for real at any DEF you would have.

ARTgames

Now the % absorption is obtained by calculating (51.07*100)/56 = 91.20% (this means that you are being hit 91.20% of the BASE damage)

is this for taking 2 def?

Quotex = Current damage I am taking
y = Next level of DEF damage I will receive

x - (x*4.5%) = y

so the "Current damage I am taking" is not the BASE DAMAGE?

Prosper

Yes it's for 2 DEF.

and,

No its not the base damage.

The Absorption is based on the base damage.

ARTgames

why don't you just give the % of dmg my def is taking away now. So i can say "hey i got x def. that means y% will be taken from the base damage hit of this monster". Or can i easily figer that out?

edit:
as you see. Im not too good with math. :P

edit:
this is what i want to do. I want to give you my vit and how much the base damage this monster going to do and i want you to give me how much damage it will subtract from my health. how will this chart help me get there?

Prosper

Thats what the absorption is.

56 BASE DAMAGE = 100% of the DAMAGE you would receive at 0 DEF.

Let's say you have 4 DEF this means you will absorb 16.82% of 56. In this case you would get hit 46.

I am giving you the absorb % so you don't need to calculate it by yourself. I explained in depth HOW i get to that absorption % so that people understand how it works.

If you dont want to understand the maths behind it just take the Absorption % thats all that counts.

Or even simpler, download my excel sheet which will do the math for you.

Lingus

Quote from: Prosper on January 06, 2010, 06:26:53 PM
It's hard to explain in words I guess.

The 4.5%, 3%, 2%, 1% are not to be always calculated on the BASE DAMAGE i.e. 56 but on the current damage you are receiving from a specific enemy.

56 is the damage you receive when you have 0 DEF.

56 - (56*4.5%) = 53.48

This means that with 1 DEF you get hit approx 53 damage, if you want to know how much you get hit with 2 DEF you dont take it off the 56 again.

If you dont want to calculate at all, download my excel sheet there is a place to input ANY custom damage and see how hard it will hit you for real at any DEF you would have.
This is exactly how I understood it to be... The problem: Your graph states that the base damage at 0 def is 58. Not 56. I guess that's a typo? If so disregard my earlier post. All of my calculations were based on 58 since that's what you had.

Prosper

Corrected the Typo.. sorry. It was 56 on the excel sheet. I guess the rest makes sense now  :)

ARTgames

I give up. I dont have excel. Is there a way for me to find out how mutch dmg something will take away after def without your excel sheet?

Prosper

I use this free office suite http://www.openoffice.org/.

And honestly.. with a 4th grade math course, a calculator and IQ above 80 should be sufficient to calculate what you need..

How old are you ?

ARTgames

Thank you. I'm 16 but I'm slow on the uptake some times. :P

I'm level 99 with 202 hp and 1 vit. No hats or weps equipted. If i get hit by an sf i should have 146 hp according to your graph. But when i get hit by an sf my hp goes down to 143 hp. What am i donting wrong?

Prosper

Well I haven't confirmed MYSELF that 56 WAS the base damage with 0 DEF from SF. according to what your saying it would be 59.

Can anyone confirm that it IS 59 ?

If so I just need to review the 4.5%.

Are you getting hit 38 by cactus ?

ARTgames

nope i tryed it twice with no cac. But some one else can confirm that would be nice.

edit:
also is this true?
100 - (53 / 56 * 100) = the DAM ABSORBED % with 1 def

Prosper

im gonna go to bed but I'd be curious to see if you are getting also 38 damage from cactus.

Could you put on a wiz hat to get 1 def and see how much you get hit by both sf and cactus with 1 def ?