News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Guide] on VIT - DEF - HP (SPOILER)

Started by Prosper, January 05, 2010, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosper

I figured we don't need the exact formula. I have edited the post with my latest and probably last calculations.

Seifer you can compare them if you want. I'm pretty sure the results are close to reality.. Close enough for what we need it for, planning our builds knowing exactly what impact VIT has.

I figured that the numbers are probably rounded, NOT truncate.

With this charts data you can now calculate back and forth using your DEF and Damage % vs the DEF and Damage % you want to acheive in order to get exact damage.

Aqua

Quote from: Lingus on January 07, 2010, 03:47:02 PM
Yes. You are correct. If we knew exactly how much the initial base damage the monster deals, and exactly how much damage is received before any rounding or truncating occurs, then we could determine the exact percentages. But... we will never have that data unless either Meiun tells it to us, or someone does some shady things with the games programming, which would just be wrong to do.
Well, this is where the SG comes in. I'm pretty sure that its base damage is 100, and making that a decimal seems kinda pointless to me. So with that, you could get many defense rounded areas, and create a scatter plot graph. Some of these are likely not to be rounded, and once you find 3 unrounded points, you have your defense formula. Using the defense formula and the strength formula, with 2-4 equations of battles & swings against a certain monster, you have that monster's Defense and HP; using Elimination or Substitution that is.
By the way, the SF base damage is 59, just found out. :(
~Aqua

ASD!

Lingus

Quote from: Aqua on January 07, 2010, 04:05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure
That's where you run into issues. You can't do math on assumptions.

Quote from: Aqua on January 07, 2010, 04:05:50 PMUsing the defense formula and the strength formula, with 2-4 equations of battles & swings against a certain monster, you have that monster's Defense and HP; using Elimination or Substitution that is.
No. You will still end up with a range most likely. That's what I was just doing in my previous post, though for the damage reduction percent, not monster HP and def. In that case we had 6 different points of data and we could barely get within 1 percentage point of a range. And in that case, the only hindrance was that the numbers we were dealing with were rounded. The problem with figuring monster HP and def is much more. You have the issue that your final hit might only be a single point of damage regardless of how much damage your last hit actually does. This is because the monster might be left with a single HP point. In this case, you would have to assume that the monster has either 1 HP or however much damage you are hitting the monster for.

And again, I will not agree with you that you can use "elimination and substitution" to figure out both the HP and Def. You need one or the other to determine both. Or, you would need to know exactly how much damage the monster took (something you can't know as I have related in the above paragraph). The only thing you get by figuring out how many hits it took to kill a monster is the estimated amount of damage the monster took. Estimated. This gives you a range to work with. Then you would have to figure a range for defense, which would give you a range for HP... You can't get an exact number using estimated numbers. It just doesn't work.

Seifer

Your numbers are deffinatly not close enough to be used as a basis. Most of them are 5% or more off.

Also, I'd like to point out that it would be much easier to test this in pvp, and have someone do the attacking, as opposed to depending on monsters, since if you use the damage formula, you can know exactly what the base damage is.

Lingus

You would know the exact base damage, but you wouldn't know the exact amount of damage reduction since the only way to get that is by taking your HP before and after getting hit which makes it a rounded number. You get a closer estimate, but still an estimate.

Seifer

The damage is rounded though. Up i beleive.

Lingus

You're saying the damage is always rounded up before calculating damage reduction? That would make things easier...

Seifer

If I recall correctly, when you calculate damage, you round up. So plug your numbers in a damage formula, and if it's 37.4 damage, it's still 38.  And than it rounds up again, so whatever percentage of the damage you take, round that up if it's a decimal.

Prosper

Quote from: Seifer on January 07, 2010, 07:19:42 PM
Your numbers are deffinatly not close enough to be used as a basis. Most of them are 5% or more off.

Also, I'd like to point out that it would be much easier to test this in pvp, and have someone do the attacking, as opposed to depending on monsters, since if you use the damage formula, you can know exactly what the base damage is.

Im 100% sure of DEF 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 17 and even some higher values that I will not mention so that foG's stats remain secret. With the current formula I used all of the data I had match the ones I was given by players.

I consider 5% isn't that bad.. For the moment I don't really plan to do more calculations. If you consider this being useless you can just delete the thread. Otherwise.. this is the best I could come up with.

Seifer

Oh wow. You are on the mark now sir. Everything is easily within 1% of the right number. For example, 16 = .52    and 15= .532.

I think at this rate i may just tell you all the formula.

Prosper

If you want to know well.. to acheive this I used the following (%) :

1 = 7.5%
2 = 6.5%
3 = 5.5%
4 = 5%
5 = 4.5%
6 = 4.5%
7 = 4.5%
8-15 = 3%
16-24 = 2%
25+ = 1%

Seifer

This is how you calculate damage vs defense.

Meiun is going to kill me for this...

baseDamage*(.22+(1-.22)/(1+defense*.1))=

Prosper

Wow I wasn't expecting such results when I first started the subject.  :D kinda glad I contributed something new to the community.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Seifer on January 07, 2010, 09:54:27 PM
This is how you calculate damage vs defense.

Meiun is going to kill me for this...

baseDamage*(.22+(1-.22)/(1+defense*.1))=
ZOMG! You just gave plankton the Krabby Patty secret formula!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php