News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Guide] on VIT - DEF - HP (SPOILER)

Started by Prosper, January 05, 2010, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Seifer on January 07, 2010, 09:54:27 PM
This is how you calculate damage vs defense.

Meiun is going to kill me for this...

baseDamage*(.22+(1-.22)/(1+defense*.1))=
The last words Seifer said before we never heard from him agen.

Lingus

Quote from: Seifer on January 07, 2010, 09:54:27 PM
This is how you calculate damage vs defense.

Meiun is going to kill me for this...

baseDamage*(.22+(1-.22)/(1+defense*.1))=
I have to say, there's no way anyone would have been able to come up with that formula. Prosper may have been close in terms of percentage, but only by trial and error it seems. This formula is a bit more complex than even I was thinking...

Prosper

Now is your chance to shine. You wanted to find out a monster's HP by elimination/substitution. You have a good piece of puzzle there.

Seifer

except you can never know a monsters defense.

DivineLegend

a SG has only 2000 health, but we all only do 3 damage to it :O jk

Lingus

Quote from: Seifer on January 07, 2010, 10:30:17 PM
except you can never know a monsters defense.
Right. This is exactly the point I was making to Aqua. You need to know either the health or the def of the monster to figure out the other.

ARTgames

you could have people with different str hit the monster. But theres not way that you can get a accurate number with that.

DivineLegend

well, i do know for a blob, it takes 17 str exactly to one hit it with a hammer (wh)

Lingus

Quote from: DivineLegend on January 08, 2010, 12:20:12 PM
well, i do know for a blob, it takes 17 str exactly to one hit it with a hammer (wh)
Still only gives you a range. You are most likely hitting it for more than it's max HP. So the range of a blobs HP is 1 HP more than the damage you do at 16 str with a WH at the low end, and the high end is the damage you do with a WH with 17 str. And that's assuming it has 0 def (which is likely, but we don't know for sure).

Snakeman

Whatever happened to "shut up and play the game"? You all are taking this way too seriously. Base your vit on what a good def value would be (15-20 would be a good average) and just stop overhyping by getting all "OKAY SO IF I HAVE THIS AND THIS AND THIS FOR STATS THAT MEANS I CAN DO 59 DAMAGE TO SFS AND TAKE 32 DAMAGE FROM THEM UNLESSSSSS..." and whatnot.

Just play the dang game. It's meant to be a game, not the ULTIMATE MATHEMATICAL CHALLENGE OF THE CENTURY.

Forum

Quote from: Snakeman on January 12, 2010, 05:49:16 PM
Whatever happened to "shut up and play the game"? You all are taking this way too seriously. Base your vit on what a good def value would be (15-20 would be a good average) and just stop overhyping by getting all "OKAY SO IF I HAVE THIS AND THIS AND THIS FOR STATS THAT MEANS I CAN DO 59 DAMAGE TO SFS AND TAKE 32 DAMAGE FROM THEM UNLESSSSSS..." and whatnot.

Just play the dang game. It's meant to be a game, not the ULTIMATE MATHEMATICAL CHALLENGE OF THE CENTURY.
Well said o.o..
Officially quitted

Lingus

Agreed. Which I think is why Meiun doesn't like to give out the formulas because then people get hung up on all of these minute details that are really kind of pointless anyways.

Obviously I sound somewhat hypocritical. It might seem that way, but I don't actually care about these numbers when it comes to the game. I only find it fun and interesting to take on a challenging math problem (even though this problem was not so much in coming up with an accurate result, but merely figuring out if coming up with an accurate result is even possible, which I feel I came up with pretty conclusive evidence that it was not... until the actual formula was posted.)

ARTgames

I was just doing it for fun. Who knows, this could make pvp more fun for some people also.

Also something it is fun to some one when they take it more seriously. Your too seriously is not their too seriously in other words. If sports went by my "too seriously" then we would not have sport channels on tv or million dollar stadiums.

Snakeman

And as an addendum, I'd like to add a story about a guy on this other game I've played for a bit. This guy would make the dang game his life, and he went OVERBOARD. We are talking massive poopsocking (playing for HORRENDOUS hours (the term is derived from the act of pooping into a sock to avoid the waste of time of using a bathroom)) and also minmaxing (spending time doing a butt-ton of calculations and plans and all this other mathematical shit to make his character TEH UBERZ) for a loooong time.

Long story short, all the admins (and players) laughed at him. Massively. Although not as much as the person who bought his account for $70. But that's another story.

A word of warning: Don't be this type of guy. Seriously.

Prosper

If its a waste of time why did you revive this 1 week old post ?

I feel your opinion wasted my time just as much as reading this post wasted yours..