News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Guide] on VIT - DEF - HP (SPOILER)

Started by Prosper, January 05, 2010, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seifer

Type the formula into google and see what happens.  ;)

Prosper

Quote from: Seifer on September 01, 2010, 05:12:37 PM

69 * (.22 + ((1 - .22) / (1 + (3 * .1)))) = 56.58

Celson

Quote from: Prosper on September 01, 2010, 05:24:11 PM

EDIT: Eugh nevermind. It appears google doesn't like me either. I try and type 69 * (.22 + (1 - .22) / (1 + 3 * .1)) into there calculator and they keep adding extra brackets, which is weird, because by adding those extra brackets it changes the sum. Anyway, yeah your right, my mistake.

Seifer

Just use the origanal formula as is, and google with calculate it properly, I assure you.

Lingus

Quote from: Celson on September 02, 2010, 12:08:30 AM
Quote from: Prosper on September 01, 2010, 05:24:11 PM

EDIT: Eugh nevermind. It appears google doesn't like me either. I try and type 69 * (.22 + (1 - .22) / (1 + 3 * .1)) into there calculator and they keep adding extra brackets, which is weird, because by adding those extra brackets it changes the sum. Anyway, yeah your right, my mistake.

The only extra brackets it puts in is around the 3 * .1, and around the division. Basically, it's putting in unnecessary (but not incorrect) brackets that show where the order of operation should take place. You're getting the same result though because based on the order of operations those brackets it adds doesn't change anything.

Seifer, it looks like Celson's formula is the original formula (from the first post?)... same brackets and everything.

Chaos

Quote from: Celson on September 01, 2010, 03:02:25 PM
Quote from: Prosper on September 01, 2010, 02:49:56 PM
Quote from: Celson on September 01, 2010, 11:41:17 AM
I calculated that I would hit 53.0769230769231 damage to him, 57 damage was dealt.

You calculated wrong. I just typed the formulae in an excel spreadsheet and it gave 56.58 damage. Base being 69 and def being 3.

If you type 69*(.22+(1-.22)/(1+3*.1) on a calculator you might get it wrong.

I'm doing it in slow steps, and I'm using the formula... 69*(1/(1+3*.1)  since it is shorter and outputs the same result.

3*0.1 = 0.3
+ 1 = 1.3

1/1.3 = 0.7692307692307692

69 * 0.7692307692307692 = 53.07692...

I'm doubting that a calculator is wrong when doing it in those slow steps.

Calculators can be plenty wrong when you're utterly failing at math.

69*(1/(1+3*.1) is NOT the same thing as 69 * (.22 + (1 - .22) / (1 + 3 * .1)).

You're completely omitting the .22 and -.22.  Shouldn't those cancel each other out, you ask? 

No.

1-.22 is done, it is DIVIDED BY (1+3*.1), THEN you add .22 to it.  Your 'simplification' isn't following the order of operations, so it doesn't work.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

EpicPhailure

I love how this math is simple order of operations with the four basic operations, but I'm still completely befuddled.

Celson

Thanks for the explanations guys, but seriously, I figured it out like 5 posts ago. I don't need 3 GMs to come in and discuss it any further. I already make myself look like a fool, don't really need anyone else to come in and constantly bring it up after I apologised for my mistake already.

Chaos

Quote from: Celson on September 02, 2010, 04:11:32 PM
Thanks for the explanations guys, but seriously, I figured it out like 5 posts ago. I don't need 3 GMs to come in and discuss it any further. I already make myself look like a fool, don't really need anyone else to come in and constantly bring it up after I apologised for my mistake already.

You knew it didn't work.  I explained WHY.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

We could make it a little simpler if we wanted to....

(.78/(.1*defense+1)+.22)*baseDamage

Lucifer

It took me a few years, but I'm pretty sure I've calculated out the formula. Are you ready for it? Are you sure!? Here it is!

Ignorance=Bliss

Holy christ that took forever to figure out, ya'll owe me one.

foG

A little hint. The HP is slightly incorrect and you can't add more than 99 vit either, unless it has been changed lately.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Seifer

Me and foG just did some testing. I have 73/32. foG can post his stats if he pleases, but he probably won't. Despite that, we all know he is a vittank, and a damned good one, the best.

foG was using his crown, which only gives +2 vit, as opposed to DKH's +4, but it works with his build, as he only needs the 2 added vit to make the helm give him an extra 9 defense. The helm also gives him 2 added str. I would say this is equal to, if not better than a DKH on another vittank.

I actually have 78 str, 5 more than what I would have, if I did not have my extra stats. I took this into account when calculating. It was 4 extra damage a hit.

By math, it takes me 6.6 hits to kill him, and 7.5 hits for him to kill me. This translates into 7 hits to kill him, and 8 hits for me to die.

We tested the GB as well. In the end, it gave each of us an additional hit. For me, it was exactly 1 hit. With the GB on, and my -9 def, I took the exact amount of damage that I got from the GB. So for this test, the GB was useless.

In conclusion, I would like to state that obviously the vittank isn't winning by 1-2 hits, and is in fact losing by a hit. This may be due to foG's build, in that it is more dated. But I could not see such a small differance in stats between foG and the "perfect mathematical Vittank" making a 2-3 hit differance.

One last thing I would like to mention is that Vittanks MUST invest in INT. 6-7. I've never seen a vittank without. A Str'er on the other hand requires no int, as he hits very hard and ends combat quickly. This translates into a free 6-7 stat points.

JoEL

What would you consider tank? My face account doesn't need int.

foG

Quote from: JoEL on September 03, 2010, 07:44:54 AM
What would you consider tank? My face account doesn't need int.

I assume he means builds with very high vit so you barely have str left. And low str requires int.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D