News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Hello.

Started by TryPanties, February 18, 2010, 08:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TryPanties

I am new here, and was wondering if the 10$ is worth it for the time being. I heard it was free and is planning to go free again when a certain version is released? I've got the 10$ and I've always been a fan of the stick page. I heard about this game over a img/msg board. Could someone make a video or post some ScreenShots I'm still skeptical about donating for it ;o.

Thanks, Trypanties.

ps. I was a GFXer for a 2d game called Graal Online, I did pretty well and if the graphics are similar I could help out a bit. Let me know and I'll send you some of the work I did.

Danimal

Heya, welcome to the forum. Whether you consider my opinion biased or not IDK, but it's definitely worth donating. The donor server is likely to be running for a good while yet. In addition to this, it has been updated, and still holds holiday events along with tournaments, and the occasional spawn party.

Here are screenshots of the game from the players: http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=32.0

Videos can be found by searching S.O on youtube.

TryPanties

Thanks,

Looks like it could be alot of fun. What's the average users online? and will these levels and items carry over into the free version when it comes out? also donating. Does that benefit at all when it's free?

Danimal

Average users online varies alot, 8-10 if nothing's going on. However, players increase if for example a SG spawns. Updates, or events can also dramatically bring the average players up. V3 is essentially completely different, your account would be impossible to mirror into V3 therefore, everyone will start from scratch. However some compensations may be made for donors, I'm not sure.

Seifer

Another mod putting in his input, so this is starting to get very biased.

Either way, the games great fun to get into. In reality, the game is basicly a pvp game. Theres no random pvp or rewards, but basicly everyone strives to be the best and pvp is always fun to try over and over against other players. Everything else usually is leading up to pvp, be it getting max levels or getting some of the more rare gear in order to be competitive.

The game's also got a relativly tight knit community and the few mods we have are on quite alot actually, though it's really unnecisary.

But look at it this way, that 10 dollers would barely if at all cover a night out to the movies, so a measly 10 doller investment is worth it really.

Lucifer

I'm biased because Seifer is so sexy nobody can disagree with him. I've been playing since the end of the first Christmas event, February 07 I believe, so asking me (and anybody else on these forums) if it's worth a mere 10$ is like asking if Billy Mays's death was faked. Nowadays the average amount of users is more around 5 than 10, but that varies as Delicious said. Before the game went donor only it was going into the hundreds easily, however now most everyone has gotten to level 100, so the only people who play are those leveling other accounts for different PvP strategies, or those farming rare items.

I find it's basically a 50/50 chance someone will love this game to maddening unhealthy addiction, or wonder why it was bothered to be created in the first place.

Btw, love the name.

Danimal

Quote from: Lucifer on February 18, 2010, 10:58:27 AM
Nowadays the average amount of users is more around 5 than 10, but that varies as Delicious said.

Danimal even :P

TryPanties

Thanks for your input fellas.

Seifer

Quote from: Lucifer on February 18, 2010, 10:58:27 AM
I'm biased because Seifer is so sexy nobody can disagree with him. I've been playing since the end of the first Christmas event, February 07 I believe, so asking me (and anybody else on these forums) if it's worth a mere 10$ is like asking if Billy Mays's death was faked. Nowadays the average amount of users is more around 5 than 10, but that varies as Delicious said. Before the game went donor only it was going into the hundreds easily, however now most everyone has gotten to level 100, so the only people who play are those leveling other accounts for different PvP strategies, or those farming rare items.

I find it's basically a 50/50 chance someone will love this game to maddening unhealthy addiction, or wonder why it was bothered to be created in the first place.

Btw, love the name.

Deffinatly not 5. You may have a bad timezone Lucifer, but if I log on anytime thats normal for computer use (After 4pm until say midnight, and weekend) than I usually see atleast 10 on.

Meiun

Keep in mind that while these numbers of players online may be normal for the current donor server (usually go up during peek hours and if something is going on), you can expect a lot more once the new version comes out. Even this version had in the hundreds on many occasions when it was public =]

ARTgames

TryPanties

Hi, I'm still debating with myself to donate or not. and I know theres already millions of threads asking when the free ones coming out. I might wait for the free since I just got here and never played the others. And if I do enjoy it I would gladly donate to keep it alive.