News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ol' School Tournament

Started by DeamonClawz, February 06, 2010, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeamonClawz

This tournament is a dedication to the Pre-Donor S.O. Back in the day when a GS and a Skully Mask was the best thing you could have. A lot don't remember how that was, so I want a tournament that brings it back, especially since now anyone with a DH and an IS is the winner. For those that join this tournament, here's a glimpse of old fashioned SO, way back to the Chaos Tournies. So, no Donor-S.O. Stuff, we're doing this retro style.

Date - February 27th. Saturday 5pm GMT.

How to Enter: Leave Character Name/Level

Rules;
** The items below are prohibited for use in the tournament.

* Inferno Sword
* Froggy Hat
* Dragoon Helmet
* Slasher
* Fedora
* Green Beret
* Sand Sword
* Bandit Cover
* Spire Dagger
* Dark Knight Helm
* Easter Egg Hat
* Deranged Bunny Ears
* Stone Hammer
* Great Sword

The main platform in arena is the one that will be used in the matches, jumping onto the left/right upper platforms results in disqualification.
Knock-outs apply. Matches will be best out of 3.

*Notes; Co-Hosted by Danimal. Hosted by DeamonClawz.
Taking suggestions for tournament times. Participants will be paired at random. GM's are welcome to provide Anti-noob security. CROWNS can be used!

Participants;
Maple - L99
FapFapFapFap - Estimated level 99.
Swordmaster - L57

I know I forgot something, so feel free to make me look retarded.

Turkey

I'll join
Maple:99

Plus no crowns?

DeamonClawz

I KNEW I forgot something. Thanks.

Turkey

Quote from: DeamonClawz on February 06, 2010, 01:47:54 PM
CROWNS can be used!

Well, my crown is pretty much a Green beret in disguise, so I don't think I'm gonna use it.

Lingus

Rules;

* Inferno Sword
* Dragoon Helmet

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both of these items were in the game well before the normal server went down.

DeamonClawz

But the point is to draw out the skill in everyone, and those items were EXTREMELY rare before it went Donor SO. I'm an item whore, but I like when the matches are balanced. If you give people weaker weapons, its more of a challenge, and it's much more fair.

Lucifer

Well, that "balancing" can work both ways. "Ol' School" tournaments consisted of battles between vit, as everyone had the same weapons, and none of them were as effective at taking down tanks as the current items. Plus, back then Int was even less neccesary, as there were no weapons that could actually suck your mana dry in one battle. I wouldn't say this is "drawing out the skill." Skill, in my opinion, is being able to adapt to any weapon or hat your opponent pulls out of his ass. Besides, an Actual "Ol' School"/"Retro" tournament would be eliminating all items added after the Desert update, including the public appearance of the Great Sword.

But it's your tournament, feel free to run it however you like.

stick d00d

Quote from: Lucifer on February 06, 2010, 02:42:57 PM
Well, that "balancing" can work both ways. "Ol' School" tournaments consisted of battles between vit, as everyone had the same weapons, and none of them were as effective at taking down tanks as the current items. Plus, back then Int was even less neccesary, as there were no weapons that could actually suck your mana dry in one battle. I wouldn't say this is "drawing out the skill." Skill, in my opinion, is being able to adapt to any weapon or hat your opponent pulls out of his ass. Besides, an Actual "Ol' School"/"Retro" tournament would be eliminating all items added after the Desert update, including the public appearance of the Great Sword.

Sounds like fun, but I agree with Luci, maybe take out the gs as well? Just a suggestion.. I will join. stick_d00d 99 maybe 100..

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Lucifer on February 06, 2010, 02:42:57 PM

Come on... Your getting too technical with it. You know you understand the jest of the tournament, no need to over complicate things.

Lucifer

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on February 06, 2010, 03:05:38 PM
Come on... Your getting too technical with it. You know you understand the jest of the tournament, no need to over complicate things.
Hence why I clearly stated it's his tournament, and he can run it however he pleases. I was just commenting on Daemon's view of, with the new item additions, there is a sufficient lack of skill involved. I don't believe that's true. Rare items no doubt give people an advantage, but they also provide weaknesses. It's up to each individual player, in the heat of the battle, to recognize these weaknesses and take advantage of them. This, to me, is what "skill" is. I'm not trying to "over complicate things", I didn't even suggest any changes be made.

runeskap master117

you should take gs and katana out to make pro ss and hammer fights

God-I-Suck

I was waiting for someone to make this. But I recommend items before the desert update, excluding GS. Now that would be beast.

Petro

Rules;

* Inferno Sword
* Dragoon Helmet
* Slasher
* Fedora
* Green Beret
* Sand Sword
* Bandit Cover
* Spire Dagger
* Dark Knight Helm
* Easter Egg Hat
* Deranged Bunny Ears
* Stone Hammer

A couple things to say...
1) You forgot to add the Froggy hat to the list.
2) Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the GS, DH, and IS all come out in the same update? Except the GS was really rare, DH even more rare, and IS so rare no one got it until Meiun lowered the drop rate.
3) Also keep in mind people, if you were to exclude the GS and do pre-desert, the Skele Mask, Pirate Hat, Wizard Hat, Scythe, Katana, and possibly a few others would be out. That seems cool to me, but just saying.

Nevertheless, it seems cool and I would like to join.
FapFapFapFap: probably will be 99 by then.

swordmaster

IGN:iCup

crozier

But didn't bbb drop gs at one point?
gs came before desert I think.
Crozier- 99/100 at time of event.