News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

TheLegendTamer: Hi or bye?

Started by TheLegendTamer, April 14, 2010, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegendTamer

I'm glad to see Stick Online is still hanging on. However, I am dissapointed that you still have to donate to be able to play. When I am old enough (which is much longer till then), I will donate to be able to play.

I have not been keeping track of Stick Online's progress over the years since it went down a long time ago (gosh I forgot the last time I played).

I cannot accept that after all this time, I am still unable to play the game I love so much. I was hoping that there would be a server for those who can't donate for whatever reason. I understand though.

Though I do not like it, I'll have to wait even longer for a server that is "free" for me. I will still hang out on the forums. Though, I don't think I'm going to get much enjoyment out of that, seeing that most of it is having to do with the game itself, that I cannot play, and so would feel left out if I even glance at those threads.

I don't know if I'm welcome here or if I'm unwanted. I'm back but I don't know if I really am "back". I haven't been able to help and so, I never really felt I was part of this community in the first place...

crozier

Welcome back  ;D
Trust me man so3 will come eventuwally. I am sure meiun would be nice enough to make v3 free.
But there is a slight chance you may be activated if an other tourney comes soon. Usawally then hand out 2 or so accounts.

xgamer

Why can't you donate?
You have money right? If not having a credit card is a problem you can buy one from like walmart etc.

TheLegendTamer

Tourney? Free accounts? I would be very happy if they picked me.

Seifer

Small chance, and a long wait. Your best bet is to go to any big store/convenience store and pick up a pre-paid credit card.

Lucifer

The majority of conversation on this forum nowadays is actually not about Stick Online, so feel free to stick around even if you can't play.

Forum

Quote from: Seifer on April 14, 2010, 06:02:03 PM
Small chance, and a long wait. Your best bet is to go to any big store/convenience store and pick up a pre-paid credit card.
Some people like him are to young to get something like that..I already asked my parents to and they said no.

To Legend: You remember me i'm Sword!
Officially quitted

Seifer

Quote from: Forum on April 14, 2010, 06:13:45 PM
Some people like him are to young to get something like that..I already asked my parents to and they said no.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. You walk into a store, grab a card, hand the cashier and 20 and walk out. Where do you need parental permission?

xgamer

You're sword?!?! Wonder if you remember me.
I remember you getting spawned killed by the wall XD.
Your best bet would be to wait for your birthday/holiday and ask for one.

Forum

Quote from: Seifer on April 14, 2010, 06:27:55 PM

I'm sorry, I don't understand. You walk into a store, grab a card, hand the cashier and 20 and walk out. Where do you need parental permission?
Getting to the store but i guess you could walk there..btw are they at wal-mart or some other store sell them?
Officially quitted

xgamer

Quote from: Seifer on April 14, 2010, 06:27:55 PM

Some parents don't want their kids spending money on games.

Seifer

First, many many stores sell them. Convenience stores even, I know the Macs in my hometown does. If you can't walk to a store yourself, grow up. Get independence.

Same goes for forum, if your parents tell you what you can and can't spend your money on, why do you have money in the first place? May as well be 100% reliant on them. The first step to growing up and maturity is to exert your own independence, do things on your own and make your own choices. Stick up to your parents if you have to. Don't sneakily defy them, openly oppose them, or have a mature, thought out discussion as to why you should be aloowed to do what you want to. If all else fails, simply ask them "Would you rather I spend 3 hours a day playing a 2d game, or do you want me on the streets becoming some druggie?(or insert other bad common stereotype in your area)

Lingus

Wow. My opinion: Don't listen to Seifer. Btw, we don't even know how old they are. If my 11 year old brother did anything like that I'm sure he'd hear hell. He's not old enough to head down to the nearest grocery store (several major city blocks away) on his own. He can go to the neighborhood park with his friends, that kind of thing. He isn't completely sheltered... but there's limits depending on age and maturity level for what a child should be allowed to do.

And in my opinion, if I were a parent I would be asking what my child is spending their money on. Sure I would let them get things with their allowance within reason. But if I disagree with something they are purchasing for their own safety or well being then it's really only for their own good.

And I don't think the older more mature members of this community should be telling the much much younger members to openly oppose their parents. I like the suggestion of having a mature conversation about it though. And when that fails, listen to your parents.

Edit: Now of course, if you're 15 or something then this is a different conversation. A parent who doesn't let their 15 year old kid spend $10 on a video game is being unreasonable. If need be, I would show them a bit about the game and community to reassure them that this is a fun wholesome way to spend your time. Just keep them away from anything Scott posts.

xgamer

Quote from: Seifer on April 14, 2010, 06:53:52 PM
First, many many stores sell them. Convenience stores even, I know the Macs in my hometown does. If you can't walk to a store yourself, grow up. Get independence.

Same goes for forum, if your parents tell you what you can and can't spend your money on, why do you have money in the first place? May as well be 100% reliant on them. The first step to growing up and maturity is to exert your own independence, do things on your own and make your own choices. Stick up to your parents if you have to. Don't sneakily defy them, openly oppose them, or have a mature, thought out discussion as to why you should be aloowed to do what you want to. If all else fails, simply ask them "Would you rather I spend 3 hours a day playing a 2d game, or do you want me on the streets becoming some druggie?(or insert other bad common stereotype in your area)

Alot of parents do it for their "safety"
And theirs a thing called college fund.

Seifer

I did not say to do it discreetly, I said to talk to them in a mature and informed manner, reason with them. I also suppose some of my logic would be flawed depending on your location. I grew up in a small town(10,000), and was usually out and about on my own, with my bike from the age of 10+.