News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Get your account re-instated.

Started by SoulKeepz, May 05, 2010, 08:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos111

But thats when i have school  :'( Wont be able to check till i get home
Life is only the beginning of the story.

Delicious

Quote from: Chaos111 on May 09, 2010, 07:41:37 AM
But thats when i have school  :'( Wont be able to check till i get home
How's is that even a big deal? You seriously can't wait until you get home?... Not trying to be rude or anything, but rather " :'(" from the fact that you must wait a few hours to see the results, take into consideration what Soulkeepz is doing.
<3

SoulKeepz

Tell y'all what. I'm going to donate in bulk on Friday, because it's payday, and my bills are already paid. Thus, I'll re-instate 5 accounts, or create five new ones, whichever you would prefer.

So, Just post here, and I guess the first five to request them get them. Limit one per person. Also, Please don't be someone who already has an account you can play. I want this to be for those who can't play.

If I get like 6-7 total, I'll probably donate for all of you. So just leave a request.

Also, If you were banned, and looking to have a new one, don't. Because I'll ask Meiun to check if the posters were previously banned or had any issues why you shouldn't have an account.

Anyways, just leave a reply.

Danimal

I have to say, this is incredibly generous of you, it is very much appreciated. Nice going.

+Rep  :)

SoulKeepz

Quote from: Danimal on May 09, 2010, 06:20:05 PM
I have to say, this is incredibly generous of you, it is very much appreciated. Nice going.

+Rep  :)

Generous, Sure. But moreso, trying to rebuild a community in the game, that way when I want to go kill something way beyond my capabilities, people are online and like "Oh! Hey! I need to kill that too!" and then massive killfest on whatever, and I win.

:p

Basically, just putting in my effort to rebuild the game's community.

Kbob32

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

SoulKeepz

Dunno. Sent Meiun an e-mail, asking about something else. If it's not super devastatingly expensive, I'm going to see how much the server cost would to make it public again. I'm military. I don't have bills. So I just have money laying around that could be put to good use, and SO was one of those games I was devastated to see go private. I think it'd be cool to have it public again.

Scotty

I don't know if it was so much costs that were necessary to bring it back online, as it was just upkeep.  With having a public server, there's more expectations, more moderation, etc... Right now it's small in both regards because it isn't public.  If I recall correctly though, previously, using a dedicated server rented out, it was a little over $100 a month if I'm not mistaken.  Definitely no easy feat, but hey, it's worth the shot.

I dunno what military you're part of, or if it was just my alcoholism, but I sure wish I could've just lobbed around another $100 clams on top of rent, food, car payments, and all sorts of other bills when I was in.

Lucifer

Quote from: SoulKeepz on May 09, 2010, 08:12:06 PM
Dunno. Sent Meiun an e-mail, asking about something else. If it's not super devastatingly expensive, I'm going to see how much the server cost would to make it public again. I'm military. I don't have bills. So I just have money laying around that could be put to good use, and SO was one of those games I was devastated to see go private. I think it'd be cool to have it public again.
I love your enthusiasm, but I agree with Scotty. I don't believe the cost of the server was a problem at all, rather the massive amount of moderation and attention required. It's just too hard to provide new updates while dealing with hundreds of complaining children (which as we all know, was the majority of the SO population). In my opinion, any effort and money put into the server now would be a lost cause, and would be much better invested into v3. There are far too many things that v2 lacked, I think the timing on bringing down the v2 server and working on v3 was perfect.

However, feel free to pay the spriters to work faster! Haha.

Torch

Your contributions are much appreciated!  :D

SoulKeepz

Quote from: Scotty on May 09, 2010, 08:53:13 PM
I don't know if it was so much costs that were necessary to bring it back online, as it was just upkeep.  With having a public server, there's more expectations, more moderation, etc... Right now it's small in both regards because it isn't public.  If I recall correctly though, previously, using a dedicated server rented out, it was a little over $100 a month if I'm not mistaken.  Definitely no easy feat, but hey, it's worth the shot.

I dunno what military you're part of, or if it was just my alcoholism, but I sure wish I could've just lobbed around another $100 clams on top of rent, food, car payments, and all sorts of other bills when I was in.

Air Force. But I also came in with no bills, other than a 85 dollar a month cell phone.

Also, It's worth a shot. Hence why I can at least try. That or I'll just donate for x amount of accounts each month. I was figuring it was going to be more than 100, which I could easily afford. Lol.

Hikarikuen

Alright, thanks big time for doing this, I'd love to get my account back. I just realized, last time I played I was still on dialup haha.

Vynus

Yeah this is great, I have been wanting to play SO for months. Thank you so much

Forum

Quote from: Lucifer on May 09, 2010, 09:05:59 PM
Quote from: SoulKeepz on May 09, 2010, 08:12:06 PM
I love your enthusiasm, but I agree with Scotty. I don't believe the cost of the server was a problem at all, rather the massive amount of moderation and attention required. It's just too hard to provide new updates while dealing with hundreds of complaining children (which as we all know, was the majority of the SO population). In my opinion, any effort and money put into the server now would be a lost cause, and would be much better invested into v3. There are far too many things that v2 lacked, I think the timing on bringing down the v2 server and working on v3 was perfect.

However, feel free to pay the spriters to work faster! Haha.
We don't even know what v3 is really about so you can't really say which one is better but if theres info on v3 then please tell me bout it.
Officially quitted

Looperpuck

Thanks alot soul, Im glad some people still care enough to put money into it. You know what else would get the community back together...Host a tournament some time and the winners will get an account. I would donate, but seeing as I cant benifit that much from it, I probably wont. But if I do have extra money laying around I will definitely put it to Stick-Online. Even if I wont benifit from it.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected