News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SOv3 Skill List (Rogue Skills Added!)

Started by LeGuy, July 19, 2009, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtGames

I was going to post that LeGuy but i did not for the same reason that i know nothing about so3. But your right. as the system is now to make this skill far it also makes it useless.

Lingus

Quote from: LeGuy on July 21, 2009, 06:51:39 PM
I understand your logic. However, one thing we'll have to consider with this is whether or not adding a lengthy cooldown time will make the skill useless. In the current Stick Online, if you die, it usually doesn't take more than just a couple of minutes to run from a spawn point to where you were originally. However, if something like dungeons are implemented in SO3, running back to your place of death might take 5-10 minutes, therefore making it faster for all the dead people to just run back instead of being resurrected. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess, how Meiun designs SO3 and the various factors that may or may not make this skill overpowered.
But what you aren't considering there is that if you are resurrected, you don't lose any exp/drops. Normally, if you choose to resurrect at the flag, you would lose any hits on the monster and therefore any exp/drops you would have gotten from it and you would also lose any drops that are currently on the ground. By being resurrected by a player, you would not lose any of that.

As well, your argument in itself is somewhat flawed. You are saying that it would take the same time for the cooldown as it would to run back to the same place. Taking that statement as is, and not taking the fact that we know nothing about SO3 or the world layout into consideration (it's reasonable to assume that it would only take around 5-10 minutes to get back to where you died, but dungeons also tend to have a lot of high level monsters blocking the path so you might need to have your group pull back out of the dungeon to help you get back there... this is beside my point, but I'm just saying) you are failing to realize that the casting of the spell would only take about 30 seconds, not 10 minutes. So if one person dies and the caster decides to resurrect them, they are back right away. Not 10 minutes later. Where it would come into play is if they have already resurrected someone, then they would have to wait. But that's the whole point I'm trying to make. It makes it less convenient and therefore balancing the skill. It does not make it completely useless.

LeGuy

It makes it sort of useless if more than one person dies. Assuming a small, well rounded group is composed of some sort of tank/warrior guy, a couple of players capable of quickly dealing ranged damage, (mage, archer, etc.) and a healer, if a tough battle leaves the group in shambles, excluding the healer, who conveniently survived - one person could be resurrected, but the other two would have to walk back to the point of the battle for the group to proceed.

Quotebut dungeons also tend to have a lot of high level monsters blocking the path so you might need to have your group pull back out of the dungeon to help you get back there...

This is a valid point unless Stick Online implements a dungeon system similar to World of Warcraft's. Within a Warcraft dungeon, (aka instance) each party or raid has their own individual copy of the dungeon to go through. They don't have to worry about running into other players not in their party. This allows for each particular copy, or instance, of the dungeon to have a static, unchanging amount of monsters in the instance from the beginning. This way, when a monster in the instance is killed, it's dead forever - it does not respawn. So if a group battles through paths of enemies then suffers casualties, the unfortunate victims would not have to battle through the same monsters to reunite with their group.
Whee!

ArtGames

If stick online 3 is not made by meiun it sounds like its going to be made here in this topic.

Also i think Teleport could just be a simple skill ever one gets. I really like it. we need more ways to travel. I have a lot of agi but i would like a quick way to pop over the other side of the world if i log in and ever one is over there.

Lingus

Quote from: ArtGames on July 21, 2009, 11:31:38 PM
If stick online 3 is not made by meiun it sounds like its going to be made here in this topic.
LOL, I know!

Anyways, LeGuy, we can just agree to disagree I guess. I think it would be overpowered your way, and you think it would be useless my way. I see your point, but I don't think it's true. It might be underpowered, but not useless. The goal would be to keep everyone alive by using heal spells. Failing that, keep everyone except one person alive so that you can resurrect them, and then make sure no one dies again for around 30 minutes. Failing that, someone's going to have to walk themselves back. And that's the penalty for death in this game. Like I've said numerous times, remove that and no one is going to care at all anymore if they die. The whole goal of dungeon crawling would be to not have any weak links in your party. If you have too many people who are going to die too often, your group is going to fall apart if they go into a hard dungeon.

But, I'll stop arguing my point now. It's kind of useless since, like Art implied, we don't really know anything about how SO3 is going to be.

I kind of like the instanciated dungeon idea, but I kind of think for SO it shouldn't be done that way. It would make it more challenging to fight your way into a dungeon and fight your way back out... But then again, that might take away from the simplicity of the game. Maybe have some instanciated dungeons that you can just quickly run through without any trouble. That'd be cool.

Joshhh

On the resurection idea, I like the way Lord of the Rings online does it. When you die you have the option to either revive or restart back at a checkpoint type area. If you revive you just come back to life with 1/4 health where you are. However there is a cool down time of 1 hour on there so you can't just constantly revive yourself when you die. You also have the healer class which can revive people, though the skill to do so has a massive stamina cost and a cool down time of 20 minutes on it. Which makes them really have to think about wether or not its worth using a ton of stamina and not being able to heal everyone else for a while or resurection just one person in the group.

Just throwing out my thoughts on the idea.

JoEL

1 hour? 20 minutes sounds more fitting...

Only time i would use this skill is if i fell of a cliff on the way to another location and I was far away from my spawn point...

Other then that...meh

LeGuy

I added some rogue skills. What do you guys think of them?
Whee!