News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Weapon Charge-up/Charge-up attacks.

Started by Looperpuck, June 08, 2010, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looperpuck

Well from the title, you can all probably guess what this idea is already. Ive seen this in a couple of other games, not to many though, but this is where you can hold down the attack button, and there will be a meter and when it charges up your swing fully, then when you release it, you attack with double the power. Now there are many details in wich I can include with this like, Charge up meters can be bigger or shorter depending on the weapon, or the charge up goes faster for certain weapons. This could even give a little spin to Pvping. Think about it, your opponent hasn't swung for a while, so you get the idea he is out of stamina, you go in for the kill... BAM you get 150 damage dealt to you from your opponents charged attack. I'm not sure if this idea has been suggested yet, I would be suprised if it hasn't. Anyway, could be fun.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

EpicPhailure

Yeah, it may be pretty cool. It doesn't seem like it would affect a fast and weak weapon like the Spire or Katana though.

LeGuy

It would be cool if you charged up an IS and it sent a wave of fiery death streaking into your opponent.
Whee!

Lucifer

Been suggested before, once on this forum I believe, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea. It would definitely make a difference in PvP, especially if charging up the attack caused more stamina to be used, or drained stamina while charging. Sorta reminds me of Marth and Roy from Super Smash Bros Brawl, god I !@#$ing hate fighting them... Anyways, I'm all for the idea, I could see it being another reason for getting a good amount of agility, to dodge those bloody devastating attacks, being able to outmaneuver your enemy at the last second of his charge up, causing him to waste a portion of stamina. For smaller weapons, like say the katana, I imagine the charge up would instead be a few insanely quick attacks. I'd love to see each weapon have its own little unique charge up attack animation, it would certainly stop the complaining over one attack animation per weapon.

Sonic472

Quote from: Lucifer on June 11, 2010, 03:26:04 AM
Sorta reminds me of Marth and Roy from Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Roy wasn't in brawl >_<
Anyway, sounds like it would be GREAT for PvP. I would be very grateful to see this in SO3.
Trucks...
Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2010, 10:33:23 AM
I'm going to lie, that's really good.

crozier

Ike was in brawl. And Marth was the best! (I didn't even use his chargeup B.)
I dont see anything wrong with the idea. Adds stratagy to the game. Would also get rid of the traditional Tank technique.
Tanks can't sit and let your opponent hit you while they hit you back because they have insane ammounts of vit and strenght.
An other cool thing this would be awesome with is hammers. I can imagin Trogdor charging for the most you can and sending fog off to Jesusland and beyond. Surviving an attack nobody else could.

NotoriousM4^

I think it should be more of a sacrifice move, i.e. it drains some of your HP to dish out a large amount of damage.

Zario777

While it could still do 2x the damage of the original weapon when fully charged, I think it should be another attack entirely.
Also, I didn't really see this idea mentioned, but it should be possible to release it early (without changing the attack) for increased damage (between 1x and 2x the original damage) But if that was already said then I'm all for it  8)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.