News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online PvP League

Started by Scotty, July 10, 2010, 07:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

God-I-Suck

Quote from: Lucifer on July 11, 2010, 06:21:26 PM
Tell me if I forgot anything, I'll edit the list. I don't know the exact names of all the crowns and special weapons.

Hats
Red Bandana
Yellow Bandana
Blue Bandana
Green Bandana
Fireman Hat
Shady Hat
Jester Hat
Feather Hat
Ninja Mask
Bandit Mask
Bandit Cover
Bunny Ears
Deranged Bunny Ears
Black Bunny Ears
Viking Helmet
Knight Helmet
Dark Knight Helmet
Skull Mask
Top Hat
Wizard Hat
Pirate Hat
Frog Hat
Froggy Hat
Dragoon Helmet
Fedora
Green Berret

Weapons
Tree Branch
Hatchet
Whip
Dagger
Short Sword
Katana
Scythe
Wooden Hammer
Stone Hammer
Great Sword
Inferno Sword
Spire Dagger

Event Items

Hats
Santa Hat
Easter Egg Hat
Jacko Hat
Punkin Hat

Weapons
Red Candy Cane
Blue Candy Cane
Green Candy Cane
Ghost Lantern

Tournament Items

Hats
Maple's Classic Crown
Disasteroid's Gravity Crown
Ludacris's King Crown
St3k's Ice Crown
Specialboy's Gaia Crown
Dips's Blade Crown

Weapons
Ludacris's Flame Gauntlet
Fog's Legendary Sand Sword

It looks like you only missed two, which are...

The Slasher
Fog's Guardian Helmet

Scotty

If you happen to add anything into the list (not necessarily new categories like you just did), such as slipping something into an already constructed list, can you annotate it for me so I don't miss it?  Thanks!

Seifer

The LSS isn't unique to foG.

Mr Pwnage

Bold and Italicized the additions and changes.

Quote from: Lucifer on July 11, 2010, 06:21:26 PM
Tell me if I forgot anything, I'll edit the list. I don't know the exact names of all the crowns and special weapons.

Hats
Red Bandana
Yellow Bandana
Blue Bandana
Green Bandana
Fireman Hat
Shady Hat
Jester Hat
Feather Hat
Ninja Mask
Bandit Mask
Bandit Cover
Bunny Ears
Deranged Bunny Ears
Black Bunny Ears
Viking Helmet
Knight Helmet
Dark Knight Helmet
Skull Mask
Top Hat
Wizard Hat
Pirate Hat
Frog Hat
Froggy Hat
Dragoon Helmet
Fedora
Green Berret

Weapons
Tree Branch
Hatchet
Whip
Dagger
Short Sword
Katana
Scythe
Wooden Hammer
Stone Hammer
Great Sword
Inferno Sword
Spire Dagger
Slasher
Legendary Sand Sword

Hats
Santa Hat
Easter Egg Hat
Jacko Hat
Punkin Hat

Weapons
Red Candy Cane
Blue Candy Cane
Green Candy Cane
Ghost Lantern

Tournament Items

Hats
Maple's Classic Crown
Disasteroid's Gravity Crown
Ludacris's King Crown
St3k's Ice Crown
Specialboy's Gaia Crown
Dips's Blade Crown
Fog's Gaurdian Helmet

Weapons
Ludacris's Flame Gauntlet
<MOVED>
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

Meiun has granted me the go-ahead to use Stick Online's graphics on the PvP League (yeah, I actually do that sort of stuff), so here is my calling to the community's graphic artists.  I need a banner which is wider than it is tall, does not exceed 780px width, and is full of win!  Let's see what you all got!  Oh, BTW, yes, I will credit you in the footer as I already have for Meiun, and if you have a website, I'll ask when I pick your graphic, and that'll get linked in the footer as well, because I fully appreciate crediting hard work!

For dimensions, I'd say a 3:1 width to height ratio would be good.  So that means 260px max height.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Scotty

It's also worth noting that the site has a green-colored base theme, would be nice to accommodate that.

EDIT: If anyone wants to take a Flash stab at this, I'm all for a Flash banner!

EDIT #2: I'm not necessarily a fan of pixel art when it comes to banners (or at least pixel art that I see around these woods).  I like detail, lots o' detail!  Sure, you can add in pixel art that is SO graphics related, but things like title, text, no pixel art please.

Aqua

By the way, pixel banners can be epic too.
Edit: Image is resized by forums- click to see actual size.
~Aqua

Scotty

Quote from: Aqua on July 12, 2010, 02:11:49 AM
By the way, pixel banners can be epic too.
Edit: Image is resized by forums- click to see actual size.
~Aqua

Oh I fully agree, see above comment in parenthesis.  It's an art form to be able to do stuff like that, and it's also wicked time consuming.  So unless someone can do that at the speed of a week or so, I'll pass for now.  A good rule of thumb, take pride in your work.  If you think it looks meh, to me it's gonna look like a bag of !@#$.

Aqua

Quote from: Scotty on July 12, 2010, 07:41:04 AM
Oh I fully agree, see above comment in parenthesis.  It's an art form to be able to do stuff like that, and it's also wicked time consuming.  So unless someone can do that at the speed of a week or so, I'll pass for now.  A good rule of thumb, take pride in your work.  If you think it looks meh, to me it's gonna look like a bag of !@#$.
Yeah, I did read the comment :P- I just thought the people around these woods needed to see the pixel art potential.
I would have given it a shot if there was a way to incorporate SO's style with quality pixel art at that scale.
~Aqua

Mr Pwnage

EpicPhailure

780 width is the page width I'm assuming, so it'll stretch across the top of the page, right?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 12, 2010, 12:37:51 PM
780 width is the page width I'm assuming, so it'll stretch across the top of the page, right?

Well maybe table or whatever he has it conformed to...Both of those banners are 780pixels wide exact.

Scotty

Please no .gif files, .gif files are like html frames to graphics.  If anything, do them in Flash.

EDIT: If we have any Flash designers, hit me up, I got a couple ideas floating around that I just don't have the time to do.