News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Taking requests for animations/sprites..BACKINACTION

Started by Ceroblitz, August 05, 2009, 06:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

How about a keyblade? :D If you've never played Kingdom Heats, they attack with the flat side of it, not the key side.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomhearts/images/9/91/Kingdom_Key.png

EpicPhailure

I can't believe I forgot to suggest a Keyblade. I say do Oblivion or Oathkeeper

ASD!

oooh, vey nice Cero. A stick doing a downward slasher attack would be epic.

Lingus

You know, these aren't bad, but I do have to say there's something odd about the animation. It's slow or floaty or something weird. I wonder if speeding it up wouldn't fix the problem. I have a feeling the number of frames would need to be reduced as well. It just seems a bit too fluid for SO's style.

krele

Quote from: Lingus on August 12, 2009, 07:15:22 PM
You know, these aren't bad, but I do have to say there's something odd about the animation. It's slow or floaty or something weird. I wonder if speeding it up wouldn't fix the problem. I have a feeling the number of frames would need to be reduced as well. It just seems a bit too fluid for SO's style.
It's because of your browser. When I try to put it in game maker it's smooth as... It's smooth! Even on 90fps, his animations keep the flow.

CherryPie

well, it's already been said now, that those are amazing. Still, of course replacing SO2 sprites with them is not an option. But that style (exactly that and no other!) would be perfect, just perfect for Version 3 of StickOnline. it's modern, smooth, 3dimensional and the most important thing - Cero has proven they are fast to create with high quality!
Overall, great work.
My request is the Master Sword from the legend of Zelda :)

T-Rok

Quote from: Epicphail on August 12, 2009, 04:56:05 PM
I can't believe I forgot to suggest a Keyblade. I say do Oblivion or Oathkeeper

I thought about posting a pic of one of those ones, but I figured it would be better just to do a basic keyblade after thinking about it for a bit. So I just put the pic of the basic one.

Lingus

Quote from: krele on August 13, 2009, 12:04:00 AM
It's because of your browser. When I try to put it in game maker it's smooth as... It's smooth! Even on 90fps, his animations keep the flow.
Well all that means is that Game maker is running it at a different frame rate. It's not my browser, it's game maker. In any case, I'm not denying that it's smooth, it just looks weird. Could someone maybe redo an animated gif with the frame rate upped a bit on one or more of these? I'd like to see how they look a bit faster.

In response to Cherry, I disagree. I don't think these would be good for SO3. I think the art style is similar to SO2, but slightly less polished. A better art style is warranted for the new game. For instance, something similar to the stick that Teej made up a while ago would be much better for SO3. The animation on these are smoother that the current SO2 graphics, but like I mentioned I think there's something wrong with it. It would definitely need work to fit in with SO2 or 3

krele

Quote from: Lingus on August 13, 2009, 04:02:50 PM
Quote from: krele on August 13, 2009, 12:04:00 AM
Well all that means is that Game maker is running it at a different frame rate. It's not my browser, it's game maker. In any case, I'm not denying that it's smooth, it just looks weird. Could someone maybe redo an animated gif with the frame rate upped a bit on one or more of these? I'd like to see how they look a bit faster.

In response to Cherry, I disagree. I don't think these would be good for SO3. I think the art style is similar to SO2, but slightly less polished. A better art style is warranted for the new game. For instance, something similar to the stick that Teej made up a while ago would be much better for SO3. The animation on these are smoother that the current SO2 graphics, but like I mentioned I think there's something wrong with it. It would definitely need work to fit in with SO2 or 3
I thought it had to do something with crappy GIF framerate on IE. And no, those sprites are made to be 20-30 at frame rate, but when I put it in gm, it runs muc smoother. Perhaps it's not the problem, but whatever, I kinda deleted few frames to make it look faster:

EpicPhailure

It...looks slower? I have no idea what you guys are talking about, so I may not know if that's the point.

Mystery

Well, there's your problem.. Anyway, it may not be quite as polished, but I honestly like these sprites and animations somewhat SLIGHTLY better then SOv2 sprites. And the art style isn't EXACTLY the same, either. So it doesn't fit in perfectly well, but I could most definitely imagine sprites somewhat like these in SOv3.

EDIT: krele, that's actually a lot slower than the old chair animation...  :-\
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Ceroblitz

Sorry everyone, I'm going to stop doing the requests for now, but I will get to these people.

Seifer, ASD!, Cherrypie ,and T-rok

Please wait until further notice... thank you.

Lingus

Quote from: krele on August 13, 2009, 07:42:58 PM
I kinda deleted few frames to make it look faster:

I dunno... it still looks kinda... floaty? It's hard to explain. Maybe it's just the anatomy of how the stick moves.

Quote from: Mystery on August 13, 2009, 08:27:27 PM
Well, there's your problem..
I don't get it... Those are two different things I'm talking about. The art style is only a referrence to the style of pixel art wheras the animation is referring to how the thing moves. In my opinion, both aspects of these sprites have some issues.

In any case, I'm not trying to be mean to Ceroblitz or anything. These sprites aren't bad. I just wouldn't say it's necessarily an improvement to the current sprites. But that's really just my opinion...

EpicPhailure