News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Quote from: CherryPie on October 08, 2012, 02:44:38 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on October 05, 2012, 09:32:49 PM
-snip-
Also if it fits with the game play controller support?

you could always realize that with keystroke emulators such as autohotkey, anyway (I played SOv2 with a Nintendo Wii remote, once ;) )
I don't think Meiun should put effort into such configuration features for the first public version, there are at least 20 factors, I could think of that are more important ( one is more sound :D )
Isn't the goal to release the game when it's ready for public release? I'd say things like key mapping is definitely one of those final touches kind of item that finished games typically have. Not necessarily controller support. So maybe you're right. But I would definitely say if that's one of the features that will be added, it should be in the first public release. Just my 2 cents.

havok

Quote from: RainbowDash on October 09, 2012, 11:08:35 AM
Its not too hard of a thing really. As for the controller I know its always possible to use 3ed party tools to do this sort of thing but its nice having it built in. It really helps when the game has multi-action buttons or context sensitive buttons (such as buttons that change what they do depending on whats going on in the game. This helps maps games with many keys to a controller which has less buttons than on a keyboard.) as these things that are harder to configure with mapping software or really requires to be built in to the game. Also things like analog support doesn't transfer well to the binary action of a key. But this is only if the game really supports this kind of game play.

I know meiun will be coding everything on his own no 3rd party.

RainbowDash

Havok 3ed party was reff to xpadder or joytokey that pie was talking about. Nothing about what meiun was doing.

havok

Quote from: RainbowDash on October 10, 2012, 03:56:01 PM
Havok 3ed party was reff to xpadder or joytokey that pie was talking about. Nothing about what meiun was doing.

ah my bad xD xpadder is nice btw used it with v2 playing around

Jmac

Me and Beastmode use XPadder and the DS3 tool nearly every time we play v2 to use our PS3 controllers. ;D

havok

Quote from: Jmacrules on October 10, 2012, 09:51:59 PM
Me and Beastmode use XPadder and the DS3 tool nearly every time we play v2 to use our PS3 controllers. ;D

Yea it's fun as hell changing it up a bit but let's not get off topic :p

Fvgto

Too stoked for this game to be released  8)

Matty_Richo

This may have already been asked but it didn't show up in the search.

Will the stat system stay fairly much the same in V3 as it is in V2?

T-Rok

I have a question.

With the introduction of the cross platform Windows 8, do you think this would/will increase the likelihood of Stick Online coming to the tablet market?

ARTgames

I'm assuming you mean Windows RT. Some windows tablets will be x86. Meiun will have to specifically make it for it. I dont know how hard that will be it could be some I/O changes and a click of a different button at compile or a lot harder. But I do think its a good question if this game will be. At least Windows on tablets are pushing keyboards so it could make the game more playable. But I know some will argue why not use a laptop then.

T-Rok

No I mean Windows 8. It's advertised that your desktop pc can now also be on your tablet. Both running Windows 8.

Loganvz123

Does Stick Online even connect through Windows 8? I can't seem to use 39dll on Windows 8 at all.

ARTgames

Quote from: T-Rok on November 05, 2012, 12:44:41 AM
No I mean Windows 8. It's advertised that your desktop pc can now also be on your tablet. Both running Windows 8.
There will be two kinds of Windows that will run on tablets. Windows RT is Windows 8 made for ARM. That’s the Surface that’s out now. It does not run normal x86_64 windows apps. Thats the one meiun would have to specifically make it for. But there will also be x86_64 tablets that will run normal Windows 8. Stick Online will be able to run off those like a normal computer and meiun will not need to do anything. Anyway that’s why I was asking asking if you meant Windows RT. Yeah I know, its confusing. :)

Quote from: Loganvz123 on November 05, 2012, 02:03:01 AM
Does Stick Online even connect through Windows 8? I can't seem to use 39dll on Windows 8 at all.
I have only used the previews of Windows 8 but it ran fine for me.

T-Rok

WereWaffle

WHAAAAAT??
i searched "stick-online V3 images" and found this!

IS THIS REAL?