News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Dropped, lost item

Started by jackel1994, May 23, 2010, 06:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel1994

IDK where this should be posted, but this seems about right? Sorry if this should be emailed to meiun but this seems like a better place to put it.

Well for those of you tht dont know me, im ishboo21. Used to play a while back (2/3 years back) And i just donated last thursday to begin the fun. Been grinding on enemys for a minimum of 8 hours a day ( yea no life llol ) and have had by far the worst luck. (well some players have the same luck as me (bad luck))

Anyways, earlier today i was grinding SF with a few players (beastman, ghostluck, and beast1208) and a DS got dragged to the wall. Roughly 10 min in to killing the bastard, it finally drops. (Hell yea!) And to my amazement, theres a red blade on the ground (could it be for once i get a break in this game? an IS?) Well my luck ended about 3 seconds after the DS died and i picked up the Inferno sword because i got D/Ced. This never happening before, i thought no biggie, ill sign back in and show my buddies my prize >=D! Until i click my inventory open and its not there... Pissed and not knowing what to do i told the guys id see them later...

Now i know for there to be "proof" it needs to be recorded because i know how people can "abuse" things like this (Even if i want to record, i dont have programs to do so >=(, which im going to invest in soon...). But im sure a few guys can vouch for me as being a quality player and a nice guy. I wont name drop anybody to vouch that unless asked to by a GM or Meiun himself.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope there can be a solution.

-Ishboo21

11clock

I'm one of the witnesses (beastman). We were killing a DS for about 10 minutes. It died, he screamed IS a couple times, then he vanished 2 seconds later. He logged back on and told us he'll come back later. He looked awfully upset. :(

beast1208

Yea i vouch for ishboo too. We killed the DS and ishboo started saying "OMG IS IS" then poofed instantly. Relogged on and said it wasnt there, and then said hed be on later, he seemed pissed...

Mr Pwnage

Shit happens. Shit usually isn't rectifiable.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Aqua

I hate to be a negative nancy here, but you are all relying on what he said only. I'll stop there.
~Aqua

jackel1994

Quote from: Aqua on May 23, 2010, 08:48:00 PM
I hate to be a negative nancy here, but you are all relying on what he said only. I'll stop there.
~Aqua

Yes thats why im not telling anbody to believe me. "Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope there can be a solution" I said a solution meaning whatever Meiun feels neccesary. Whoever wants to post support about me and who i am is greatly appreciated, those who dont, thanks for takin the time to read my situation.

Trogdor

Though I wasn't there to witness it, I can certainly vouch for various second-hand accounts and for his genial moral character (as far as online interactions go). I'm well aware of previous cases where such a request was rejected (and for very good reasons with which I had personally agreed with), but I feel this one should not be held in the same respect.

Since the server went down, it had undeniably wiped out a good chunk of the active community, being both considered a curse as well as a blessing. A curse in that it had decimated a thriving and prosperous player base, but a blessing in that those who remained were the faithful players willing to see the creator's goal come to fruition through generous donations to his cause. While others who continued playing could also just have had rather deep pockets at the time, time has done an exceptional job further weeding out the casual player.

Essentially, this small community is now the cr?me de la cr?me of its once previous grandeur, and I firmly hold this belief not only in grappling with my own hypothetical theories, but in what I witness takes place in these forums and in the game itself day to day. With half a year's time separating the former SO2, and SO3 looming somewhere in the murky depths of the future, now if ever should one carefully assess the given situation. That being said, would such a reimbursement greatly disadvantage those handful of people currently playing SO?

Please note that I am not asking for Ishboo21 to be reimbursed; not only would it be fruitless and foolhardy to make such a request, but it would also insult Meiun's previous decision made exclusively for these specific occurrences. All that I am suggesting is to not hold this situation in the same light. Though a donation is not an insurance policy in case something like this happens, it demonstrates the unquestionable faith the player has in the creator's goal. Faith that doesn't always have to be a one-way street.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Trogdor on May 23, 2010, 09:07:13 PM
Though I wasn't there to witness it, I can certainly vouch for various second-hand accounts and for his genial moral character (as far as online interactions go). I'm well aware of previous cases where such a request was rejected (and for very good reasons with which I had personally agreed with), but I feel this one should not be held in the same respect.

Since the server went down, it had undeniably wiped out a good chunk of the active community, being both considered a curse as well as a blessing. A curse in that it had decimated a thriving and prosperous player base, but a blessing in that those who remained were the faithful players willing to see the creator's goal come to fruition through generous donations to his cause. While others who continued playing could also just have had rather deep pockets at the time, time has done an exceptional job further weeding out the casual player.

Essentially, this small community is now the cr?me de la cr?me of its once previous grandeur, and I firmly hold this belief not only in grappling with my own hypothetical theories, but in what I witness takes place in these forums and in the game itself day to day. With half a year's time separating the former SO2, and SO3 looming somewhere in the murky depths of the future, now if ever should one carefully assess the given situation. That being said, would such a reimbursement greatly disadvantage those handful of people currently playing SO?

Please note that I am not asking for Ishboo21 to be reimbursed; not only would it be fruitless and foolhardy to make such a request, but it would also insult Meiun's previous decision made exclusively for these specific occurrences. All that I am suggesting is to not hold this situation in the same light. Though a donation is not an insurance policy in case something like this happens, it demonstrates the unquestionable faith the player has in the creator's goal. Faith that doesn't always have to be a one-way street.

Dude, Am I supposed to be crying right now? You made the dude the embodiment of Christ. This is beautiful!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Cactuscat222

It is amazing what words can do to a simple argument. "It not about being right, it about making the other person look wrong." Though that doesn't really fit here, I think the point is the same. :P Nicely said, and I'd be more inclined to believe this than others based on the current standings of the server.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 23, 2010, 10:33:17 PM
It is amazing what words can do to a simple argument. "It not about being right, it about making the other person look wrong." Though that doesn't really fit here, I think the point is the same. :P Nicely said, and I'd be more inclined to believe this than others based on the current standings of the server.

Besides, is there really going to be any negative effects that will happen because of Ishboo getting an IS? It's the donor server, merely up for a chance to play S.O. again. It's not a full fledged comeback in my opinion, so there shouldn't be any regret coming out of restoring his IS.

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't get it back; I'm saying that it wouldn't matter if he lied or was being truthful.

Mr Pwnage

Btw guys I logged on 4 hours ago and killed an SG and it dropped an LSS but than when I touched it I got nothing and the server died so can I please have one or FoG's account or somthing of equal value plz?

Lucifer

This isn't something you bring to the forums, send an email to Meiun. Whatever his opinion on the matter is, it certainly won't be swayed by a public sympathy vote. I do wish you luck, as it's an awesome weapon, and a shame to loose like that.

Torch

Quote from: Lucifer on May 24, 2010, 02:00:53 AM
This isn't something you bring to the forums, send an email to Meiun. Whatever his opinion on the matter is, it certainly won't be swayed by a public sympathy vote. I do wish you luck, as it's an awesome weapon, and a shame to loose like that.
I second this.

Seifer

On top of all this, a disconnect is no ones fault but your own. If it was the server, everyone would have been disconnected. More often than not, a DC is on account of your own crappy computer or internet.

jackel1994

Quote from: Seifer on May 24, 2010, 12:45:41 PM
On top of all this, a disconnect is no ones fault but your own. If it was the server, everyone would have been disconnected. More often than not, a DC is on account of your own crappy computer or internet.

Yea true. And i never once blamed the server btw. I know its my fault not being able to afford quality internet and devices. It's difficult to afford quality anything with both parents out of work. So i make with what i got. This isnt a post demanding Meiun's sympathy to reimburse the item. This is if he feels like he wants to. I trust he will make the better choice no matter what the conclusion is, and im sure he will have a good reason for either choice. Just like i trusted him when i donated my 10 dollars.