News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

small graphics problem with inventory

Started by ARTgames, July 12, 2010, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

This is nothing that bad and is hurting game play, but its something I saw when playing stick online on a different PC.

In this image: (please view at native resolution and not scaled)
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5089/errorcv.png

On the left is the inventory box on my main PC I use. On the right was the other PC I was using. And the box on the bottom Is just me pointing out the small errors. My guess is this is just a simple rounding error or something of the sort.

Ill give you the specs I believe my part of the problem.

My PC:
Windows 7 32bit
Radeon HD 5770
Q6600

Other PC:
Windows XP
Radeon X300
Intel Pentium 4

As I said not a big problem but just something I think may be an easy fix.

Edit:
I would also like to add that both games were ran in window mode and had room to be able to run nativity without being "pushed in" by the screen edges.

Infection

This usually happens with games that have big backgrounds, it happens to me to. Not just with my inventory though, if you pay attention it should happen almost anywhere. I don't know of a solution but with a game I made in the past that had a big background, to fix it, I just saved the background into 1000x1000 pixel pieces instead of 2000x10,000 which fixed it. You can not do that though, unfortunately. :P
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

ARTgames

I think the problem your talking about has to do with low vram. Good thinking but I think the problem here is just a scaling issue. I would also like to point out that on both system I do not have background issues of the background ends and turns into lines. But hey your answer is just as right as mine.

Infection

"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Aqua

This is a GM thing. The sprites are being drawn at decimal places, which distorts the sprite accordingly. If the x/y was being rounded before, you wouldn't see this. If 'Interpolation between pixels' was on in the Global Game Settings, the stretch would be smoothed with color 'interpolation.'
~Aqua

ARTgames

With your answer may I ask why this differs from the two systems and something I may try to make the left image look more like the right? Thank you for your feedback also. Both of you.

This is for anyone: I would also like to add that both games were ran in window mode and had room to be able to run nativity without being "pushed in" by the screen edges.

Aqua

As the thing is with GM's drawing functions, there is absolutely nothing you can do which is allowed by the Terms of Use.
~Aqua

Forum

I noticed it to in an old screenshot

See the frog hat

Officially quitted