News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online freezing associated with programs

Started by God-I-Suck, July 10, 2010, 08:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God-I-Suck

Alright, I have this problem that was with me for a long time now, just never got around to mentioning it.

As you guys know, In Windows Vista and Windows 7, sometimes when you run a program or install a program, you are asked for permission. If I am playing Stick Online and one of these windows pops up and asks me, Stick Online automatically freezes and says "saving failed." This is getting really annoying as running programs or installing them is something I would like to do while playing Stick Online. Sometimes these windows pop up when I am not ready, so if something is going down on S.O. that is interesting or awesome, it's gone. ):

One time I got lucky and S.O. didn't freeze, but no idea how it happened.
Anyone know how I could fix this?

Scotty

You might try disabling the UAC.  In vista it's done in the msconfig if I'm not mistaken, 7 does it in the Control Panel.

God-I-Suck

This may seem like a stupid question, but what is UAC? lol

Scotty

UAC is the tool that Microsoft uses that sits there an asks "Such and such requires you to click this button to confirm letting it happen" every time you do anything.  Gets pretty annoying, and I'm assuming that is what you are talking about?

God-I-Suck

I fixed it! You were correct it was the UAC. I'm so dumb.. I just now realized there was an option to edit those popups on the popup itself. Thanks for the help!