News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick-Online start up problem?

Started by Infection, July 21, 2010, 09:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infection

Okay, so I went to go play Stick-Online, clicked the executable yadda-yadda, the loader appeared, then it disappeared and a black window flashed and disappeared, nothing else. It was gone.

Not even a process.

I waited another day, tried, same thing.

Haven't been playing SO for 3 whole days now, I'm going through withdrawls constantly, lol, kidding. But still.

I tried re-downloading it, same thing happened. I can't think of what would cause this.

Any halp?
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Danimal

I'm not sure if its the same thing, but my advice is to refer to this topic:

http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=606.0

Hope it helps

Forum

I think as someone else said in that topic that it could be a antivirus/security problem.
Officially quitted

Infection

Like a virus itself is not allowing me to play it? Or my antivirus programs aren't allowing me to play it?

(As discussed in that thread, I changed from administrator to limited and back again and each mode it still didn't work, so I guess this is the only lead.)

Meiun

It is most likely ANTI-virus, firewall, or other security related software that is not allowing you to play (not an actual virus). I would try disabling any software of that sort that you can think of and see if it helps. Otherwise, try thinking carefully about any other changes you may have made to your computer since the last time you were able to play correctly to help narrow down what the issue may be.

Infection

Thanks, all of you, I never thought it would be a problem with my Anti-virus program, and actually, it wasn't.

There was this weirdly named .dll file that I couldn't get rid of, so I thought this might be the culprit, turns out it was.

Thankfully I have this tool that overrides the lock on deleting that, and the cost is just a simple computer restart. This 'tool' came with my Anti-virus program.

So anyway, I deleted, restarted it, and ran S-O just fine. Thanks. I will edit this post with a 'double confirmation' that it worked seeing as their was no one online at the time and I didn't feel like playing alone at 3 o' clock in the morning.

So I'll get some rest and see you in several hours. :P

Edit: Still works fine. ;)

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Infection on July 22, 2010, 02:50:29 AM
Thanks, all of you, I never thought it would be a problem with my Anti-virus program, and actually, it wasn't.

There was this weirdly named .dll file that I couldn't get rid of, so I thought this might be the culprit, turns out it was.

Thankfully I have this tool that overrides the lock on deleting that, and the cost is just a simple computer restart. This 'tool' came with my Anti-virus program.

So anyway, I deleted, restarted it, and ran S-O just fine. Thanks. I will edit this post with a 'double confirmation' that it worked seeing as their was no one online at the time and I didn't feel like playing alone at 3 o' clock in the morning.

So I'll get some rest and see you in several hours. :P

Edit: Still works fine. ;)

Where'd you get the .dll from? o_o

Infection

That's what I want to know.   :-[

*nervousness*

Chaos

Better question, what was the NAME of the .dll?
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Chaos on July 22, 2010, 07:12:59 PM
Better question, what was the NAME of the .dll?

Well, seeing all the trouble it's caused, I could only guess "Norton.dll".
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Infection

Quote from: Infection on July 22, 2010, 02:50:29 AM
There was this weirdly named .dll file that I couldn't get rid of,

I don't remember what it was called.

It was something like
ae12qssr0001.dll

Anyway, I don't think it matters anymore since SO runs fine now and nothing is out of the ordinary.

sly 3 4 me

That doesn't sound like a very reputable .dll name. xD

T-Rok

Something like this does matter though. A random .dll appearing could be bad. Real bad.