News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Possible lag issue?

Started by .iT, September 03, 2010, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.iT

Just recently I have gotten not-so-good, unstable internet.. I have noticed occasionally I would have lag spikes to the point of which enemys would completely disappear from my screen.. I believe these lag spikes result in loss of hits...?

Example: fights DS, when its about dead, I get a lag spike, someone kills it, I get absolutely nothing.
Note: this also happens when I fight any other monster..

Is this plausible?

In-game name: Trivium99427

Lucifer

I'd take a wild uneducated guess that it's plausible. I mean, if your connection becomes unstable, it stops communicating with the server, and the information isn't being transferred correctly. I think I've heard of it happening before.

My solution would be, well, get a better ISP hahaha.

*edit*
BTW !@#$ YOU.
I'm halfway through reading IT at the moment. Creepy stuff. That part where one of the kids is on the bridge, overlooking the frozen river, and he sees the clown down there. Looks away, looks back, the clown is closer. Closer. Closer. Crawling up the side of the bridge. "Everything down here floats!" Yeah. Didn't sleep well that night.

.iT

This is the internet my family can afford atm, so.. x_x
In-game name: Trivium99427

Meiun

Basically what is happening is that since you are lagging badly enough, your game client assumes that the monster must not be there anymore seeing as it hasn't received any updates about him in a long enough time. Therefore, it deletes him until/unless it is informed otherwise. You may have noticed some other commercial games that don't use this method, and when you lag hard enough (and perhaps miss the notification telling you it is now gone) you get some ghost-monster that just sits there not doing anything, and can't be killed (because as far as the server is concerned he doesn't exist anymore). The unfortunate side effect that you are having, is that since your game client is assuming he is no longer there, it is much the same as if you were to get out of range of him (disengaging the monster), ultimately making you lose your hits on him. Ideally there could be some possible workarounds to this type of problem, but you will most likely have to wait for V3 for that type of thing, as reworking some of the core game mechanics is not really something I am up for with V2 at this point in time.