News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterPants

You guys are gonna drop your jaws after you see what I just found.
But I'll keep it a secret until I'm ready to show it.  ;)

Scotty

Quote from: YayForLife on October 23, 2010, 05:44:56 AM
also
@Scotty: Get some server wrappers like MCAdmin

MCAdmin is Windows only, I'm serving off of my linux server.

Mystery

Quote from: Seifer on October 23, 2010, 06:15:11 AM
Quote from: Meiun on October 23, 2010, 03:56:11 AM
Lets not forget my spiral staircase to the earths core (being able to squeeze through a hole in the bottom of the map and fall of the world included!).

Also, someone buy me minecraft :(

That's what you get for being a pirate.

Quote from: HamsterPants on October 23, 2010, 08:53:40 AM
You guys are gonna drop your jaws after you see what I just found.
But I'll keep it a secret until I'm ready to show it.  ;)
Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I already know it.  ;)

Also, for some reason inexplicable to me, I can't get on Scotty's server..super lame.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

T-Rok

Lets not forget my spiral staircase to the earths core (being able to squeeze through a hole in the bottom of the map and fall of the world included!).

I have a tendency to drill down like that. Dig straight down, than in a 2x2 square, I spiral a staircase up.

I dig down a 1x1 square and then place TNT to get back up to the surface. Then I'm sure you can guess what happens next. xD

Mystery

Quote from: T-Rok on October 23, 2010, 02:15:47 PM

I have a tendency to drill down like that. Dig straight down, than in a 2x2 square, I spiral a staircase up.

I dig down a 1x1 square and then place TNT to get back up to the surface. Then I'm sure you can guess what happens next. xD
Protip: NEVER dig straight down in Minecraft, too many ways to get screwed over.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

T-Rok

Quote from: Mystery on October 23, 2010, 02:56:13 PM

Protip: NEVER dig straight down in Minecraft, too many ways to get screwed over.

I know, but its just so much fun watching entire mountains disappear. xD Also I only do this on my non-legit ones when I use INVEdit :P

Seifer

Quote from: T-Rok on October 23, 2010, 02:59:06 PM
Quote from: Mystery on October 23, 2010, 02:56:13 PM

I know, but its just so much fun watching entire mountains disappear. xD Also I only do this on my non-legit ones when I use INVEdit :P

Not straight down. 2x2, so I know I'm not going to dig myself onto lava.

T-Rok

Well that depends, I've come across a lake of lava that was ~25x30 big. xD

Seifer

Quote from: T-Rok on October 23, 2010, 04:43:47 PM
Well that depends, I've come across a lake of lava that was ~25x30 big. xD
Of course, but I would see it before I ever stand on it.

tehrozzy

@Scotty: Well MCAdmin was only a suggestion. you can always get one of the server wrappers that goes straight into the .jar

btw i suggest you should get runecraft and llamacraft
they work together, theyboth go straight into the .jar
LlamaCraft is an ANTI-Grief measure, it allows you to disable TNT, Lava Buckets, Fire etc.
It also allows you to destroy Adminium/Bedrock (using a flint and steel)
^^^ Thats especially helpful if you decide to go /give scotty 7 64 (7=Bedrock, 64 blocks of it)
RuneCraft is an awesome mod that adds runes to the game, allowing the creation of teleporters, secret doorways, special items(eg. firepick:automatically smelts items that it breaks) and even a Chrono Trigger (allows control of the Day/Night system)

Meiun

Quote from: YayForLife on October 23, 2010, 05:45:28 PM
@Scotty: Well MCAdmin was only a suggestion. you can always get one of the server wrappers that goes straight into the .jar

LlamaCraft is an ANTI-Grief measure, it allows you to disable TNT, Lava Buckets, Fire etc.
^^^ Thats especially helpful if you decide to go /give scotty 7 64 (7=Bedrock, 64 blocks of it)
RuneCraft is an awesome mod that adds runes to the game, allowing the creation of teleporters, secret doorways, special items(eg. firepick:automatically smelts items that it breaks) and even a Chrono Trigger (allows control of the Day/Night system)

Obviously not my call, but I vote no. Particularly on the Runecraft one. I'd much rather play the game how it was meant to be played than with a bunch of random cheats and custom crap.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Meiun on October 23, 2010, 09:23:16 PM
Quote from: YayForLife on October 23, 2010, 05:45:28 PM

Obviously not my call, but I vote no. Particularly on the Runecraft one. I'd much rather play the game how it was meant to be played than with a bunch of random cheats and custom crap.
Agreed.
The mod certainly has it's uses, but not for this server.

Trogdor

Just bought the game a couple hours ago, still trying to figure out how not to die every night. I hopped on Scotty's server just to check things out, but I kept getting D/C'd. Or maybe it's just that I'm using a very obscure username (iraqiman), I could just be getting kicked...
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Chaos

Quote from: Trogdor on October 24, 2010, 02:16:20 AM
Just bought the game a couple hours ago, still trying to figure out how not to die every night. I hopped on Scotty's server just to check things out, but I kept getting D/C'd. Or maybe it's just that I'm using a very obscure username (iraqiman), I could just be getting kicked...

What is it saying when you get DCed?

Also, an fyi, I built the "Imperial Highway" out of the back of Scott's castle.  That leads to Sky City, the floating city I'm in the process of building.  Don't mess with it, unless you're LeGuy, in which case I already gave you permission to build in the city.  Additionally, if anyone wants to build more highway, feel free to attach it to mine, so we can get a network of highways going.  Just make sure to mark the intersection with a sign so people can tell what goes where.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Trogdor

Well, the server is stable for me as of now (knock on wood), so I guess it was a disconnect. Atleast, Cero says people disconnect all the time.

Also, I didn't mean to intrude on your highway. I moved myself away from all the activity to get myself acquainted with this game.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.