News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehrozzy

Quote from: crozier on October 26, 2010, 10:10:36 PM
Games aren't like life though.
TnT isn't made with gunpowder and sand, and cacti dont grow 10 feet in 15 minutes :P
Haha fixed :P

Chaos

For those that want a really good and easy way to make their skin for minecraft, here is what I used, btw.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=52970&sid=4682c65f4dc09917900155f67fba5ec3#p52970

EDIT:

Also, newly posted on Notch's blog!  Biomes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953XeQ3qwMM
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

BTW, duping is not allowed on my server.  I'll be "handling" that situation on a case by case basis.  If you're dumb enough to brag about how you intend to dupe the crap out of whatever it is you think you can beg off me, you're probably going to regret having that double chest chocked full of completely useless furnaces...

HamsterPants

Quote from: Scotty on October 28, 2010, 07:11:19 PM
BTW, duping is not allowed on my server.  I'll be "handling" that situation on a case by case basis.  If you're dumb enough to brag about how you intend to dupe the crap out of whatever it is you think you can beg off me, you're probably going to regret having that double chest chocked full of completely useless furnaces...
I guess I'll be okay, since I don't even know what you're talking about.

crozier

Hes talking about duplicating items by lagg. Like TNT and obbsidian and stuff.

Ceroblitz

Im okay with this, but we are not really "surviving" out there
, until mobs spawn at night, damage is apparent and etc. Basically there isn't much to do until the survival aspect comes more into play, and it won't be a "creative-ish" mode(Like it is now). However, playing is still fun with other peple of the SO community.

Seifer

Quote from: Ceroblitz on October 28, 2010, 10:28:47 PM
, until mobs spawn at night, damage is apparent and etc. Basically there isn't much to do until the survival aspect comes more into play, and it won't be a "creative-ish" mode(Like it is now). However, playing is still fun with other peple of the SO community.

Sorry, what?

Scotty

Quote from: Ceroblitz on October 28, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

I don't know what you are getting at, or what your point is, so I'll assume that you are saying that you should be allowed to duplicate items, and the basis is that there isn't anything other to than to craft.  So here is my response.

You are absolutely correct, there is nothing else to do than craft and build, so why ruin that as well?  You might as well go on a first-person shooter and turn on God mode, because there's nothing other to do than shoot people, so why not exploit the game so you can do whatever you want without any work and reward?  It ruins the purpose of the game entirely.  Even if there were monsters, I'd still be against duping, despite the fact that now you have to factor in watching your back to make sure a ghoul doesn't pop up behind you.

My ruling still stands, from here out, if you duplicate, you're gone.  Go ahead and throw me that "They'll never know" BS too, because nothing is more apparent than a 10 story castle of obsidian with several chests chocked full inside with water blocks and furnaces.

T-Rok

furnaces are easy to make though... I want to buy the game just so i can make tons of furnaces legitly now.

Ceroblitz

I agree, but thats not what im trying to say. Im fine with the game as is, and the only reason I put across this point is that the game is still quite in the early stages. I want the duping bug to be fixed as soon as possible ( hopefully this update), and everyone can play with the game how its supposed to be played.

tehrozzy

I kinda agree with Cero that duping atm is that much of a big deal until getting resources becomes more difficult with the additoin of mobs and such. as long as it isnt duping TNT and water and such

Chaos

Quote from: YayForLife on October 29, 2010, 01:30:58 AM
as long as it isnt duping TNT and water and such

Which people have been doing.  I raided people's houses today (specifically Pwnage's) for water tiles and destroyed all I managed to find.  Also confiscated some TNT from Scotty's castle's community chest as that was a REALLY bad place to leave it.  :/
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

Follow the rules people. Scott does not have to run a public minecraft server. Leave if you dont like it. I think these rules are reasonable.

Mr Pwnage

I am actually all for not exploiting glitches. In the case of the water blocks, we were exploiting it because of the fact the buckets don't work...so that is the only current way to still hold an important aspect of the game. Honestly though, no duping would be nice...that way all of the buildings which have really nice stuff in them were worked for and not just quickly assembled.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy

Ok im just wondering, my house is entirely diamond iron and goldd (with the exception of downstairs)
but i did that BEFORE duping was outlawed, so i just wanna know whats gonna happen with my house?