News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

Crap.. There goes my hope of getting in before alpha dies.

ARTgames

Awesome! Glad i got alpha also.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: T-Rok on December 11, 2010, 05:04:51 PM
Crap.. There goes my hope of getting in before alpha dies.

If you live with your parents, maybe you could convince them to buy it/give you money because Notch is about to jack up the price. That was pretty much what I used to convince my parents to buy it for me.

Snakeman

They see me rollin'... they hatin'...

Also, Arcadia-ScottCastle subway is probably one of the most ingenious things made on the server, a highfive to all that helped.

RayRay

Quote from: Snakeman on December 12, 2010, 03:00:03 AM

Also, Arcadia-ScottCastle subway is probably one of the most ingenious things made on the server, a highfive to all that helped.
*plays White and Nerdy song* I still can't find that !@#$ subway still.
Also this is how addictive the game is: I wanted to go to sleep at 2AM, but then I didn't pay attention to the clock, so when I checked it again, it was 3:50. OOPS! Woke up at 3:15PM today.

Mr Pwnage

So this guy, Bobby Yarsulik, he likes to write songs about Minecraft, and has an album:

Here is a song called Redstone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRfXfrPtTek

And my personal favorite, Ballad to the Creeper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAG4XRuhYuo
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy

Ugh, i hate the creeper one. I like his Minecraft-a song the best. It got on a game reviewing show in australia when they reviewed Minecraft a few months ago

Snakeman

Quote from: RayRay on December 12, 2010, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: Snakeman on December 12, 2010, 03:00:03 AM

*plays White and Nerdy song* I still can't find that !@#$ subway still.
Also this is how addictive the game is: I wanted to go to sleep at 2AM, but then I didn't pay attention to the clock, so when I checked it again, it was 3:50. OOPS! Woke up at 3:15PM today.

Starting at Port Town, just follow the road. Go wherever it points to Scott's Castle. If you follow the road and go where the signs say at every intersection, you should arrive at a plaza of sorts, with a fountain in the middle. One of the buildings in that plaza is the subway station.

Red October

Lovin' the world. :)

Trogdor

I found a pretty big Tundra biome East a ways from Arcadia. Right now I'm working on a minecart track to it. ;D

/]
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

T-Rok

Woh woh woh woh, how big do these levels get? They look larger than the ones I see.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: T-Rok on December 17, 2010, 12:14:11 AM
Woh woh woh woh, how big do these levels get? They look larger than the ones I see.

They're infinite.

Well, it might as well be infinite.

Red October

Quote from: T-Rok on December 17, 2010, 12:14:11 AM

The world continues to generate as you move along it. Though Trogdor's castle is ages away!

T-Rok

Oh weird. I always thought it was just a very very big map. xD

Snakeman

Quote from: T-Rok on December 17, 2010, 08:57:00 AM
Oh weird. I always thought it was just a very very big map. xD

The way the level generation system in Minecraft works is that it is composed of "chunks", which are basically squares of the world and are saved in their own separate files which save all the data within the chunk.

Thus, if you reach a part of the world that has not been generated yet, the game will create a brand spankin' new chunk right then and there and save it to the world files, and you can pretty much expand the world's boundaries on your own if you should very well please to do so.