News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: Snakeman on December 17, 2010, 03:39:55 PM
... the game will create a brand spankin' new chunk right then and there and save it to the world files...

The backups are freakin' HUGE by now.  It takes about an hour to tar and bzip a backup.

Snakeman

Quote from: Scotty on December 17, 2010, 03:54:17 PM
Quote from: Snakeman on December 17, 2010, 03:39:55 PM
... the game will create a brand spankin' new chunk right then and there and save it to the world files...

The backups are freakin' HUGE by now.  It takes about an hour to tar and bzip a backup.

I would imagine that's what happens with a handful of you guys keep running out in random directions so far that you add hundreds of chunks to the savefile, haha.

T-Rok

Gave the server address to one of my friends. Who knows not to screw with anything. xD btw, should have minecraft by tonight :D

RayRay

Okay, FIRST OF ALL, the world is not infinite. It is very very very very very very very very very very very very huge that it seems like infinite. And second, any news on Beta? I know it comes out the 20th...

tehrozzy

Quote from: RayRay on December 17, 2010, 06:19:04 PM
Okay, FIRST OF ALL, the world is not infinite. It is very very very very very very very very very very very very huge that it seems like infinite. And second, any news on Beta? I know it comes out the 20th...
Huge meaning it is supposed to be able to get up to 8 times the size of the earth, or as big as your hard drive has room for it anyway :P

EpicPhailure

Quote from: RayRay on December 17, 2010, 06:19:04 PM

It might as well be, since no one would constantly monitor the game to check if they reach the same place they started with.

ARTgames

Does it really matter. Map is really big. There you go.

Also other than the price and anti cheat whats going to be in beta.

tehrozzy

Quote from: ARTgames on December 17, 2010, 07:01:54 PM
Does it really matter. Map is really big. There you go.

Also other than the price and anti cheat whats going to be in beta.
Well beta is supposed to be when SMP is finished, so im assuming dupe glitches and such will be fixed, plus he said hes gonna implement server side prediction to help lower lag.

Snakeman

Quote from: T-Rok on December 17, 2010, 06:11:45 PM
Gave the server address to one of my friends. Who knows not to screw with anything. xD btw, should have minecraft by tonight :D

If your "friend" was the one who torched a good portion of Port Town, you have no idea how much I'll hate you for it.

Anyways, we were hit by another grief attack. We lost one of Port Town's city walls, that little wooden house out by the outskirts of Port Town, and Ceroblitz's giant tree that was also out in the outskirts. I've already talked to Scott about it, and whenever he returns from his idling spree, I'm sure he'll look into the logs and take necessary action.

By now, with all the retarded griefing going on, I propose the server be closed to the public and a whitelist be in order, and there being two ways of joining the server:

1. Appeal: You post in this thread, and the general Stick Online Minecraft community review it. If you are someone other than a random "lol just joined yesterday can i join ur server plz?!?!?!?!?!" and have proven not to be an assclown, we'll probably let you in.
2. Invite: If you've been whitelisted, you're more than welcome to request some friends of yours to be added to the fun, no problem. However, if they're caught griefing, both them, and YOU, the one who suggested they be let in, should be banned. Thus, if you plan to invite a colleague into the server, you better be DAMN sure they aren't a douche, or you'll be paying for it just as much as they will be.

So, yeah, there's my proposal. Discuss. I'll return to trying to clean up the giant inferno that was once Cero's tree now.

Ceroblitz

[/quote
Anyways, we were hit by another grief attack. We lost one of Port Town's city walls, that little wooden house out by the outskirts of Port Town, and Ceroblitz's giant tree that was also out in the outskirts. I've already talked to Scott about it, and whenever he returns from his idling spree, I'm sure he'll look into the logs and take necessary action.

So, yeah, there's my proposal. Discuss. I'll return to trying to clean up the giant inferno that was once Cero's tree now.
[/quote]

dam :(

that tree was worked hard on D;

Snakeman

Quote from: Ceroblitz on December 18, 2010, 02:05:41 AM

[/quote

dam :(

that tree was worked hard on D;
[/quote]

It's annoying to have to build up little towers to crouch on and try to knock down all the floating trunks. If you plan on restarting the project, though, I have a few saplings I can toss your way.

T-Rok

I can assure you he would not light anything on fire. However he may have cut down some of the trees not realizing it was not allowed to be. Although I doubt it.

Red October

Finished my first real project on the server.

It's a booster at one of the train stations (forgot which one). It only works when a minecart (with a player in it) is on the pressure plate. This eliminates that possibility of you missing your cart and it flying off to the sunset (or so to speak). It is able to sent the player to the next booster (along the track), so that makes it a success.

EDIT - Upon further testing I encounter an bug - when everyone logs out, the minecarts (in my booster) get stuck in the wall when someone logs back in. I have to figure out a walk-around - but that is for tomorrow.

Scotty

Whoever Shadsterwolf is, he's banned for using over 100 flint and steels across port town.  I've also rolled back to a backup that was done before he logged in, so if you notice there not being stuff that you did last night, that's why.

I'll be investigating a few anti-griefer ideas today.

T-Rok

Oh noes! Ragequit town will be gone D: Even though I didn't do much to help build it and it did burn down. xD