News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

But then a creeper blew him up and he can't find his stuff, so he started over. The end. xD

11clock

Started off better second time around. Night 1 with torches and a better cave!

Anyways, During the night I heard splashing around. I looked to make sure no enemies were around, but instead I find this hanging around.

There will definably be breakfast in the morning! :D

RayRay

http://www.minecraft.net/

Does anyone have a '502 Bad Gateway' page?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like Beta's out. I guess '502 Bad Gateway' meant he was editing the website. So those who were gonna buy alpha ran out of time. Also it logged me off. ?A?

EpicPhailure

Scotty

I must say, he's definitely kicking ass with pumping out bug updates:

Quote* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)
* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don?t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds
* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
* Fixed /kill
* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before
* You can now throw eggs
* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees
* .. and something else, which is even more rare

Anyone have any leads on the "something else" that he mentioned in the last bullet?

EpicPhailure

I dunno. But I'm having a good laugh reading the topics about what the secret thing is on the forums. The people there are just so incompetent :D

ARTgames

Minecraft beta! Now with 30% more crashing (Yay!)

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 20, 2010, 02:55:49 PM
I dunno. But I'm having a good laugh reading the topics about what the secret thing is on the forums. The people there are just so incompetent :D
It's a rule, more people = more incompetency. Granted, that forum also has insightful people, but it's drowned out by the majority. That's why I hate massive forums like that.

Quote from: ARTgames on December 20, 2010, 02:57:40 PM
I have to say, the game HAS been crashing more for me, too. I expected less, not vice-versa. (Nothing to do with low virtual memory, I checked.)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Scotty

Quote from: Mystery on December 20, 2010, 03:43:31 PM
I have to say, the game HAS been crashing more for me, too. I expected less, not vice-versa. (Nothing to do with low virtual memory, I checked.)

He just released a hotfix today that fixed an issue with chests, he says there's more he'll look into patching tomorrow, I may have to hold off on updating my server if it proves too unstable.

I think a lot of people lack the understanding of an application's life cycle with regards to the different stages of release.  Alpha is primarily meant for inventing features and releasing experimental code with less emphasis on stability.  Obviously a certain level of stability is required to ensure that users of the software can actually test these features, but it is not as heavily emphasized as what a beta release would concentrate on.  Beta is meant primarily for mass testing, stabilizing and moving towards a full on production release client, with less emphasis on experimental code.  This has to suck for Notch, as so many have purchased his game under the false guise that it is a full on release client, and not a (now) beta release.  They expect the infrastructure and stability of Amazon, and receive the product of an independent developer's work.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 20, 2010, 02:55:49 PM
It's a rule, more people = more incompetency. Granted, that forum also has insightful people, but it's drowned out by the majority. That's why I hate massive forums like that.

Off-topic is a way more mature section of the forums.

Josh

Okay sow now its beta my games working now ^^

Hmm what is the IP/ How do i connect to the Multiplayer server?

T-Rok

Quote from: Josh on December 20, 2010, 05:00:47 PM
Okay sow now its beta my games working now ^^

Hmm what is the IP/ How do i connect to the Multiplayer server?

You just type in the URL. boobs.servebeer.com

EpicPhailure

D: I already updated my client.

tehrozzy

So, the WHOLE list of updates can be found on the minecraft wiki (great for when theres a secret friday update)

anyway:
20 2010    

* Working server-side inventory. And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed.
    * Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don?t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds.
    * Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen.
    * Fixed /kill.
    * Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before.
    * You can now throw eggs.
          o Throwing an egg has a chance of spawning a chicken.
    * Added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees.
    * A rare mob called Pigmen added
    * Tooltips in inventory - When you mouse over an item, its name appears.
    * You can't store things in the inventory crafting fields anymore.
    * Dungeons are more common

Mystery

Quote from: Scotty on December 20, 2010, 04:06:00 PM

He just released a hotfix today that fixed an issue with chests, he says there's more he'll look into patching tomorrow, I may have to hold off on updating my server if it proves too unstable.
Just for clarification, I don't expect the game to be running perfectly, I realize it's still far in development. Still, when an update like this is released, especially when it says it fixed bugs, I don't expect more disconnections.

Also, thanks for informing me about the hotfix, I've got it now.

Quote from: YayForLife on December 20, 2010, 05:29:10 PM
So, the WHOLE list of updates can be found on the minecraft wiki (great for when theres a secret friday update)

anyway:
20 2010    

* Working server-side inventory. And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed.
    * Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don?t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds.
    * Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen.
    * Fixed /kill.
    * Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before.
    * You can now throw eggs.
          o Throwing an egg has a chance of spawning a chicken.
    * Added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees.
    * A rare mob called Pigmen added
    * Tooltips in inventory - When you mouse over an item, its name appears.
    * You can't store things in the inventory crafting fields anymore.
    * Dungeons are more common
THAT was most definitely not on Minepedia, it just contained the information in Scotty's post. I looked for evidence of said claim for well over 10 minutes, and can't find anything about it. Pigmen are in the game's coding, but not used. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.