News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Looks like SimpleCraft.

I use a simple texture pack when I feel like it. In fact, the screenshots with the obscene amounts of signs I put up a few pages back show it off. I don't think I had the Better Light plugin installed at that time though, so it doesn't strike out.

Red October

Epic is correct that is SimpleCraft. I also use the better light mod. The texture pack is good becuase you miss less ores while underground.

EpicPhailure

I use Painterly as a "normal" pack myself. I like it for the sheer amount of choices you have compared to a default Painterly.

crozier

Quote from: Red October on December 27, 2010, 05:59:57 AM
This is "the village" after one day (so far). The view is from my house/light_tower.

"The Prisoner" reference?

Draxx

Man the creepers are extra annoying but I built me a lava moat that seems to help auto-kill the night time mobs and built my mine and working on my glass skyscraper.

All very near the spawn if anyone needs to use it for temporary shelter if they don't like the basic spawn shelter currently in place.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Draxx on December 28, 2010, 10:21:34 PM
Man the creepers are extra annoying but I built me a lava moat that seems to help auto-kill the night time mobs and built my mine and working on my glass skyscraper.

All very near the spawn if anyone needs to use it for temporary shelter if they don't like the basic spawn shelter currently in place.
You should consider a water moat that drowns mobs, and pulls their loot into a pool for collection.

Draxx

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 28, 2010, 10:30:19 PM

You should consider a water moat that drowns mobs, and pulls their loot into a pool for collection.

Mobs drown?  News to me I'll have to add that in addition to lava moat.  There is an area in front of my skyscraper where the lava moat is mostly useless.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Draxx on December 28, 2010, 10:32:22 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 28, 2010, 10:30:19 PM

Mobs drown?  News to me I'll have to add that in addition to lava moat.  There is an area in front of my skyscraper where the lava moat is mostly useless.
Only if completely submerged, like humans. There's a cool system on Youtube.

The essential thing is having currents pull the mob under the sea and keep them there until they die.

Scotty

I feel compelled to re-iterate what I define a griefer as, and how I will be dealing with them.

Being a griefer can be defined as either intentionally or accidentally damaging the work of others.  Good examples of intentional griefing would be TnT'ing someone's house, or burning down their log cabin.  Accidental griefing is a bit more vague if not understand fully.  Dragging a creeper along behind you in a well established area that is being worked on, or has been worked on, having it blow up, and then not fixing the holes caused by the creeper would be a good example.

Accidental creeper blowups in remote desolate areas where it is unlikely one will travel, or has not yet been developed does not constitute being a griefer.

If you cause a creeper to explode in a popular or developed area that someone has worked on, you fix it.  If you blow up someone's work, you fix it, if you light it on fire, you fix it.  If you fail to fix what you have griefed either intentionally or accidentally, I will ban you.  There are no second chances hence forth.  If Chaos or I catch you getting blown up and not taking the time to fix it, you will be banned.

No excuses.  If you lack the materials, find them and fix it.

ARTgames

Can you turn the creepers off?

Scotty

Quote from: ARTgames on December 29, 2010, 08:35:21 PM

At this point, from what I'm hearing they are getting bad enough, and people are getting careless enough I may have to.

RayRay

Quote from: Scotty on December 29, 2010, 08:36:13 PM

At this point, from what I'm hearing they are getting bad enough, and people are getting careless enough I may have to.
lol You probably do, since everyone is doing their own thing and doesn't wanna do anything together.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: RayRay on December 29, 2010, 10:03:52 PM

lol You probably do, since everyone is doing their own thing and doesn't wanna do anything together.
True satisfaction comes from doing whatever completely by yourself.

RayRay

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 29, 2010, 10:06:25 PM

...It rather destroys the point of Multiplayer. I mean what? Are we just having our stuff on someone else's world so everyone can look at it/enter it freely?

Scotty

Quote from: RayRay on December 29, 2010, 10:08:53 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 29, 2010, 10:06:25 PM

...It rather destroys the point of Multiplayer. I mean what? Are we just having our stuff on someone else's world so everyone can look at it/enter it freely?

Then the members have no one to blame but themselves, if you want to collaboratively build something, organize it and do it, I highly encourage it.