News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king

Quote from: T-Rok on January 11, 2011, 01:34:44 AM
Quote from: king on January 10, 2011, 07:57:15 PM
do we have a SO server on minecraft?

whats the server numbs?

Thats kind've what this entire topic is about. xD

boobs.servebeer.com is the server

EpicPhailure

That IS the server IP.

Scotty

It's a host name.  When you enter it in, it will resolve the IP address from the host name, and you're good to go.

sly 3 4 me

If you have a working DNS address the game will be able to connect to the server using that name.

crozier

Liked that zelda tribute. It would of been cool to see the maze before the first dark world temple. Pretty good...

Scotty

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on January 12, 2011, 07:21:53 PM
If you have a working DNS address the game will be able to connect to the server using that name.

...  It does...  Obviously...

EDIT:  SHAZZAM!! Now lets see how many of you paid attention in math class.  Take 1,000,000 and multiply that by ?14.95 Euro and then sit in shock and awe over how rich a freelance game developer became within a decent year or so.  Screw the lottery, become a software engineer!

EDIT 2: For the Americans, multiply the above answer by 1.3120 for the American dollar equivalent.

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on January 12, 2011, 08:56:30 PM
EDIT:  SHAZZAM!! Now lets see how many of you paid attention in math class.  Take 1,000,000 and multiply that by ?14.95 Euro and then sit in shock and awe over how rich a freelance game developer became within a decent year or so.  Screw the lottery, become a software engineer!

There have bin some million dollar indie games. But considering there are hundreds of millions of software engineer's I think the lottery is still a good deal.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on January 12, 2011, 09:49:29 PM
EDIT:  SHAZZAM!! Now lets see how many of you paid attention in math class.  Take 1,000,000 and multiply that by ?14.95 Euro and then sit in shock and awe over how rich a freelance game developer became within a decent year or so.  Screw the lottery, become a software engineer!

There have bin some million dollar indie games. But considering there are hundreds of millions of software engineer's I think the lottery is still a good deal.
I sort of doubt that there are anywhere near even a single "hundred million" software engineers in the world. There is actually a shortage of them compared to how highly in demand they are in a lot of places. At least I know that was how things were a few years back.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on January 12, 2011, 09:56:26 PM

I sort of doubt that there are anywhere near even a single "hundred million" software engineers in the world. There is actually a shortage of them compared to how highly in demand they are in a lot of places. At least I know that was how things were a few years back.

It definitely still is that way. Also, the most demanding field of software development now is security, or at least that's what I'm told.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

EDIT:  SHAZZAM!! Now lets see how many of you paid attention in math class.  Take 1,000,000 and multiply that by €14.95 Euro and then sit in shock and awe over how rich a freelance game developer became within a decent year or so.  Screw the lottery, become a software engineer!

I agree I over exaggerated a lot and was a poor way to express what I wanted to say. But what I really wanted to say is not ever indie game makes millions. Little do.

RayRay

Quote from: Meiun on January 11, 2011, 08:57:58 PM
Don't know if anyone has posted this before, but for those of you who have played The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past, this should be pretty cool. The overworld view of the whole map was actually the most impressive part to me (as oppose to the up close detail of things), but still!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/12/minecraft-zelda-hyrule-tribute-doubleobond
Hacked, (I saw diamond ores) but apart from that, that was REALLY impressive! I could see how long it probably took him to make it all. Even if he used a Map Editor, it'd still take quite long. Wish I had the patience to do that.

Now if only it had the caves and dungeons. lol (If he did, I must give a congratulations.)

Scotty

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on January 12, 2011, 11:19:21 PM

It definitely still is that way. Also, the most demanding field of software development now is security, or at least that's what I'm told.

Despite what the Washington Post would have Americans believe, I've seen a tremendous need for software engineers in the Gov't field, maybe even more so in the future regarding security.  In fact, my contract recently decided to shit a brick thanks to a transition we are making in executive agents, and I was extended an offer to remain on my current project for a whopping $15k more than what I'm making right now, and when it's already in the six figures range, and they are willing to extend a %15 increase in salary to stay on my project, it shows two things: 1) Work your ass off and people actually recognize it, and 2) Get a clearance and you will ALWAYS have a well-paying job.

Mystery

Awesome update is awesome.

* New addition charcoal
    * Note Blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
    * 15 wool dyes
    * A new water dwelling mob (Squid)
    * New tree types (Birch, Pine)
    * Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
    * A bunch of new crafting recipes
    * One secret useful block (Dispenser)
    * One secret pretty block (Sandstone block)
    * Cake
    * Sugar - Crafted from Sugar Cane
    * Default furnaces given new look
    * Bones added to the drop table, exclusively for skeleton archers.
    * Bones can be crafted into Bonemeal.
    * New gray, light gray, and black sheep. Drop correspondingly colored wool.
    * Tools made out of stone and wood are now twice as durable.
    * New ore type (Lapis Lazuli)
    * Spiders can climb up walls.
    * Mob Spawners now show a rotating model inside of what they spawn
    * Wheat Seeds might be harvested more often when plowing grass blocks.

Bugfixes:

* Paintings work in multiplayer
    * Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
    * A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
    * Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
    * Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
    * Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
    * Falling sand behaves better in SMP
    * Fixed a few crash on load level bugs
    * Jack-O-Lantern now has correct tooltip.
    * Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

igufed

This just me after the update?

Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Trogdor

The same thing is happening to me. I'm guessing Scotty hasn't updated the server yet, but I could be mistaken.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.