News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery

Quote from: T-Rok on February 21, 2011, 09:18:22 PM
Quote from: Mystery on February 21, 2011, 09:02:53 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on February 21, 2011, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: Mystery on February 21, 2011, 05:01:43 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on February 21, 2011, 04:45:05 PM
Check it out.

http://www.ifans.com/blog/16530/
I don't foresee that working, namely because I don't think the iPod/iPhone could handle it, both in terms of memory and gameplay. iPad, possibly.

You sir, fail. The iPad has the exact same specs as the iPhone except for the screen,
That's what makes all the difference. I don't think the screen size of an iPod/iPhone would be big enough to really do everything you can do in Minecraft, since it's just relying on a touch screen.

I admit that memory is only a POSSIBLE problem, and the higher level iPods/iPhones could probably handle it relatively smoothly.
Considering the iPhone 5 is rumoured to have one of the following
1. dual processors
2. double the ram
I'm sure it would handle it rather nicely.
That's why I said possible. :I

I really don't think that Minecraft would be a good fit for the iPod/iPhone regardless, since I can't see myself playing competently on a mostly trivial app platform.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Celson

Quote from: igufed on February 21, 2011, 07:31:43 PM
Yay for maps.. My server hasn't been explored too much, busy with 'downtown' and underground things.

http://minecraft.igufed.com/map/

City looks awesome from the map.

11clock

11clock

Tried to connect to it using IE. I get this:

QuoteForbidden
You don't have permission to access /map on this server.

EDIT:

Quote from: Version 1.3Delay/repeater blocks
Beds
Added three new half-size blocks (wooden slab, cobblestone slab, sandstone slab)
Slimes have a higher spawn rate (?)
New Mojang logo splash screen
Graphics settings screen
New textures (?)
Ability to toggle between classic lighting and "smooth" lighting
Worlds now use a generic McRegion chunk save format, with built-in auto conversion
While starting a new world, players can choose their own name and seed to generate the world
More than 5 Worlds possible
Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter ?whitelist <cmd>? where cmd is ?on?, ?off?, ?add <player>?, ?remove <player>?, ?list? or ?reload?
F1 now toggles HUD.
F3 can now be toggled.
When F3 is pressed, mobs display a number over their head. This number is referred to as the "entity id" and can be seen in the console when players connect to a server.
F8 toggles mouse smoothing
In 3rd person mode, character can be visibly seen to bob side to side when you walk (only when View Bobbing is enabled).
Sandstone is now found at the bottom of naturally generated sand.
All pressure plates now require two of its materials, instead of 3. The new stone slabs are now created by using 3 of the materials (see specific block pages for further information)
Mine time for Sandstone decreased.
Redstone dust will get darker the farther away it is from a source of power.
New painting added of a flaming skull.
Some blocks of ice have curved edges.(Needs clarification.)
Blocks break slower while in air. (Needs clarification.)
Less passive Mobs when on harder modes (?)
Deleting world confirmation changed slightly.
Smaller sheep and pigs? (Unconfirmed, sheep and pig dimensions are the same as 1.2.)
Bugfixes:
When breaking double slabs (one slab placed on another) it will drop two slabs instead of one.
Wood and logs don't burn forever anymore.
F1 in 3rd person mode no longer flips view.
Checkerboard sand border chunk generation fixed?
(need someone with more knowledge) No longer getting Java Log error spam.?
TNT (and possibly creeper) explosions in water will hurt the player.
New Bugs:
Some users reporting worlds getting deleted (confirm?). Deletion may be caused by use of mods from 1.2 that have not updated.
Levers can be placed on the bottom of a block, as long as there is an open space, and a block horizontal to the open space. The lever will act as if placed on the horizontal block, but looks glitched, as shown here: Media:Brokenlever.png
If someone uses their bed in SMP, other players may get disconnected. (Un-Recognisable Packet ID: 17)
Wooden Slabs are best mined with pickaxe, not an axe.
Zombies cannot hurt players unless the zombie is above them.
Large chests may cause crashes when opening them (Unconfirmed: crashes may be caused by use of mods from 1.2 that have not updated).
If debug screen is toggled on in a world and you save and quit to title screen, the graph stays on the screen (can get confirm?) (also is the new launcher, if that is any difference)
Lighting bugs on portal, water, and ice blocks with smooth lighting.
Pumpkins may face backwards when placed on head (Not new)

Trogdor

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing, 11clock. That might have something to do with the permissions being reset.

On another note, I just finished the substation going from the spawn to the main station. The entrance is just outside of the spawn, down a hole surrounded by halfsteps. All I have left to do is hook up the main station's overflow track to the cart allocating track for the sub, and I'm done! I'll eventually encase the sub in obsidian to forcefully stem any and all wanderlust you guys might have, but for now feel free to roam around inside it. Just try not to knock any carts off of their respective tracks, or break anything for that matter.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Scotty

the /map directory is FUBAR right now.  Tried to run an update today after updating, and c10t hasn't been updated for the new map file format.  Once c10t is updated, I'll redo the map.

EDIT: Enabled the native whitelist feature.  If you require access and haven't been added already, post up your username and Chaos or I will add it.

EpicPhailure

>See patch
>See "new lighting engine by MrMessiah"
>Think of his ambient occlusion mod
>Think "!@#$ yes"

11clock

Okay, now it loads an invisible map. I see all of the map viewing tools, but no map in the middle.

Scotty

Quote from: 11clock on February 22, 2011, 10:20:39 PM
Okay, now it loads an invisible map. I see all of the map viewing tools, but no map in the middle.

Quote from: Scotty on February 22, 2011, 05:39:37 PM
the /map directory is FUBAR right now. 

Trogdor

My first encounter with slimes!
/]

Until Yurchel decided to pour lava on them... :(
/]

And a random picture of Scotty's amazing fountain:
/]

If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

igufed

Yea, just had my first slight encounter with slimes.. Uploading video..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

11clock

So based on the picture, they spawn in swarms?

EpicPhailure

That hill in the background in Trog's picture is amazingly flat :l

RayRay

Quote from: Trogdor on February 23, 2011, 04:12:00 PM
And a random picture of Scotty's amazing fountain:
/]

Anyone notice the chunk loading error at the back? I'd be surprised if it's actually there.