News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Don't know if this is an out of the blue moment, but I was just able to successfully log in with access to minecraft.net, so the server is up and running.  I'm not sure if this is a one in a million chance, and quite frankly, I don't care to log out and log back in to find out.

Freeforall

Okay, I believe I just got minecraft working. I downloaded it and it says connect and then to enter an IP.
:D Yay

Trogdor

Since minecraft.net was broken, I decided to toy with a new redstone concept in the form of button combination locks!

This is a 5-button lock with the combination being 1, 4, 2, 5, 3. Any other order will activate the wrong part of an RS NAND, essentially freezing the circuit until it has been reset. Generally NANDS are safer than NORs to use in memory cells for locks, since you can eventually get the desired result by mashing the buttons.
/]

There's also a simpler 3-button lock in the background of this picture that I made a while ago.
/]
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

EpicPhailure

^ Too bad those are essentially unfeasible in an actual door.

Trogdor

Yeah, nothing's sacred in Minecraft... I mainly did it to learn and apply a new logic gate concept since my repertoire was lacking. The only solution I can think of is having a sort of spawn protection around it. Maybe something like territorial flags will solve this, who knows? For now it's more of an invitation for someone to break down my door than it is a deterrent. :P

Ceroblitz

Hmm.. Don't you use the new redstone repeaters for any of this?

Meiun

Heres the next step Trogdor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF2Vk3RVUls

That guy definitely had a bit too much time on his hands...

Trogdor

@Ceroblitz: I hardly ever use those. Two NOTs transmits a signal up to 34 meters, whereas the repeater is limited to just 16. I'm fairly certain that double NOT at the top of the circuit is the only one, and I was just being lazy. To be honest, I'd rather spend one extra redstone dust to save myself from having to smelt three cobblestone blocks and for having the potential to transmit that very same signal an extra 18 meters. The ability to adjust tick time is nice for clocks, but I hardly use those anyways.

@Meiun: Holy crap...

Seifer

I've decided I have the time to possibly spend on Minecraft. Who's server are we using? Is Scottys up? I don't want to start playing if it's a temp server.

Trogdor

The majority of us are using Scotty's server, but if for any reason that's down a few of us head to igufed's just to pass the time.

Seifer

And I need to PM Scotty to verify that I'm allowed on, correct?

And if so, it's... HotSoupp.

Scotty

Quote from: Seifer on February 28, 2011, 02:08:16 AM

I'll add you when I get home tonight.  That or Chaos can add you if you see him online. 

igufed

Added to mine as well, just in case.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Chaos

Quote from: Scotty on February 28, 2011, 10:09:48 AM

I'll add you when I get home tonight.  That or Chaos can add you if you see him online. 

Done.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Loganvz123

Huh, I have been playing for a couple of weeks, but today when I try login it says i'm not whitelisted!
If we have a whitelist now, can you please add me (Loganvz).

Loganvz

Edit: Funny that, I can connect now.