News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Quote from: YayForLife on April 07, 2011, 07:01:33 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on April 07, 2011, 05:31:09 PM

Whaaa-
i hate lighting bugs like that. just stick a torch or 2 in there. should fix it right up.

It's a missing chunk, actually.

Lucifer

If you wish to add a bit of flavor to the server, I'd highly suggest taking a look at a the TownyMod Bukkit plugin. TownyMod allows the capability of making towns and nations. The maximum size of each town is dependent on the amount of residents that have joined the town, and every block claimed within the town is protected from removal or addition to from any non-resident of the town. The mod works in combination with iConomy, allowing players to purchase land from their mayors, and allowing mayors to set daily taxes for their players. It adds an extremely convenient /town chat, which allows residents of the same town to chat with eachother, as well as a /town spawn that changes your respawn to that town as well. It also has a built in "War" mode which I have actually yet to try out.

This plugin is in effect in the minecraft server I've been participating in recently, and it works extremely well. The server is called minecraft medieval civilization roleplay, and the goal of the server is pretty much the name, to roleplay the creation and maintaining of medieval civilizations. Players join together and create gigantic sprawling cities that compete with their neighboring towns, and occasionally have bloody epic wars. (I mean really epic, like, people sticking ladders on walls and attempting to climb up while getting pounded with arrows, dumping hot oil (aka lava) down the oil pits of keep entrances while people try to break their way in, etc.)

Bukkit Forums
Website

Another plugin we use in our server is CraftBook. CraftBook offers a couple really neat features, like Gates, Bridges, and even Elevators. These types of things, especially the gates, are extremely awesome when used in conjunction with the townymod plugin, allowing for some very creative town entrances.

Minecraft Forums
Wiki

RayRay

Look who I found!!

EpicPhailure

Ghast photobombing in the sky.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lucifer on April 07, 2011, 07:09:51 PM
If you wish to add a bit of flavor to the server, I'd highly suggest taking a look at a the TownyMod Bukkit plugin. TownyMod allows the capability of making towns and nations. The maximum size of each town is dependent on the amount of residents that have joined the town, and every block claimed within the town is protected from removal or addition to from any non-resident of the town. The mod works in combination with iConomy, allowing players to purchase land from their mayors, and allowing mayors to set daily taxes for their players. It adds an extremely convenient /town chat, which allows residents of the same town to chat with eachother, as well as a /town spawn that changes your respawn to that town as well. It also has a built in "War" mode which I have actually yet to try out.

This plugin is in effect in the minecraft server I've been participating in recently, and it works extremely well. The server is called minecraft medieval civilization roleplay, and the goal of the server is pretty much the name, to roleplay the creation and maintaining of medieval civilizations. Players join together and create gigantic sprawling cities that compete with their neighboring towns, and occasionally have bloody epic wars. (I mean really epic, like, people sticking ladders on walls and attempting to climb up while getting pounded with arrows, dumping hot oil (aka lava) down the oil pits of keep entrances while people try to break their way in, etc.)

Bukkit Forums
Website

Another plugin we use in our server is CraftBook. CraftBook offers a couple really neat features, like Gates, Bridges, and even Elevators. These types of things, especially the gates, are extremely awesome when used in conjunction with the townymod plugin, allowing for some very creative town entrances.

Minecraft Forums
Wiki
That sounds fun and awesome. Can you give a link to that server. Also I wish those bottom 2 mods were built in.

tehrozzy

Damnit, i joined, it was night, saw light in the distance, turned out to be a lava fall, explored the cave it was in, found a zombie spawner, claimed all the mossy cobble and items in it, then when i went to use my new bucket to collect the lava, the server lagged and dropped me into it. !@#$ing hell.

EpicPhailure

Craftbook is really nice.

@Yay: Must be the dungeon the group found when we were expediting :P

RayRay

Here's all the death sentences I found with the new mod:

"magnumomega bitch slapped ArayUltimate and won!"
"ArayUltimate forgot the importance of Oxygen"
"ArayUltimate was killed by Herobrine"
"ArayUltimate was gobbled by an angry Zombie/Skeleton/Wolf"
"ArayUltimate got creeper bombed"
"ArayUltimate burn baby burn!!"
"ArayUltimate was slaughtered (or something) by EnragedDeity with an Iron Sword"
"ArayUltimate became obsidian"
"ArayUltimate is swimming with the fishes"
"ArayUltimate forgot how to stop, drop and roll"
"ArayUltimate should of feared heights"
"ArayUltimate took a leap of faith"
"ArayUltimate had a pretty facccccccccccccccccccccce"

tehrozzy

Quote from: EpicPhailure on April 07, 2011, 07:58:48 PM

Was the dungeon you guys found already picked dry off mossy cobble and lit up completely?

11clock

Diamond Quest News #3: Preview!

Here is I've done so far.

http://www.box.net/shared/s1y7mht54q

I have not placed the lava borders yet, so please refrain from straying from the cobblestone path.

Features:

-Newarc Ruins
-Small Woods
-Scotty's Hunting Shack
-Dark Forest (no boss yet)
-2 NPCs
-2 Safe Houses
-2 Zombie Surface Dungeons (Beware, other mobs also like to spawn in these! Suggested that you visit Scotty's house before you try to take the dungeons on.)
-4 Objectives (The fourth one is currently impossible to do. I have not placed the diamond yet.)

NOTE: PLEASE READ 1_READ_BEFORE_STARTING BEFORE YOU START PLAYING THE MAP! YOU CAN FIND THE DOCUMENT IN THE NOTES FOLDER!

EpicPhailure

Quote from: YayForLife on April 07, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on April 07, 2011, 07:58:48 PM

Was the dungeon you guys found already picked dry off mossy cobble and lit up completely?

I don't remember.

Scotty

Just installed the Towny mod, here's a brief tutorial:

http://www.xshade.ca/towny/tutorial

11clock

Scotty, your server is so laggy it's now unplayable for me.

Freeforall

I was finally able to play online :D I told you guys I didn't have to buy the game!

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Freeforall on April 07, 2011, 10:01:31 PM
I was finally able to play online :D I told you guys I didn't have to buy the game!

Are you saying you are playing online through illegitimate means? Because I'd be sorely disappointed in you. This game is worth paying the price for.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here