News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

QuotePost E3 information dump!
* I?ve now been to the Playboy Mansion! Woo! Not related to Minecraft at all, but I just wanted to share that. :D
Son of a $&!@.

DarkBlade325

Have any of you heard of the 'NOW' mod pack? It's a pack of very exellent mods for Single player. It implements things like Battle Towers, which are randomly spawned stone towers in the world that have monsters in them. On each floor there's treasure and the higher you go, the better the rewards till you get to the top and beat a boss, there's a LoZ heart increase system mod, a village mod that puts villages and human npcs into the game to liven up your game, whole bunch of good stuff. I know some of these mods have been discussed already, but this is a pack of alot of good ones with an easy installer too.

One of the epic Battle Towers in my world (my giant ass wood mansion to the right there).

One of the villages with human NPCS...And another tower in the background that I blew to kingdom come once I got to the top and looted everything.

Sorry if the pack has already been posted, but you're joking if you think I'm going to wade through 95 pages just to find if someone posted it. Link to the pack: http://skylands.goonygoon.com/

11clock

Whenever Yogscast looks at something, it becomes popular instantly. o.o

Freeforall

Looks very interesting. I might try it out.

ARTgames

@DarkBlade325
Looks cool, dling it!

DarkBlade325

The TooManyItems mod in that pack is a bit of a cheat mod though, because it lets you give every item in the game to yourself in the inventory window. So if you dont want to be tempted into cheating, uncheck that mod when the installer lets you check the mods you want installed.

One other thing, I don't recommend installing the Mo'Creature mod in that pack, not that version anyways. When I did my world got OVERLOADED with bunnies. It was like breeding season multiplied by 100 or something. Seriously don't recommend that version :P. If you want Mo' Creature, get the newest version that fixes bunnies on the Minecraft mod forums.

Edit: Scratch that, just read the update on the NOW site. I think they fixed it.

venuse

gah just bought the game and the website crashes :-\

11clock

Quote from: venuse on June 14, 2011, 08:30:30 PM
gah just bought the game and the website crashes :-\

Get used to it. It's down like 50% of the time.

venuse

come to find out it was hackers who brought down the site and a few other sites.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6319300.html

venuse

thought i would post a pic of my minecraft house/tower. also found this neat texture pack called ovo's rustic pack http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/188034-64x166-ovos-rustic-pack-v10-big-update/

RayRay

After playing this game for about 8 months, (started on October) and over 400 hours of gameplay, (which is an average of 1 2/3 hours each day) I'm pretty sure I could give a review.

Graphics - 9/10
Graphics weren't all amazing and stuff, but it was very detailed considering a 16x16 picture. The ores looked like a bunch of specks on the stone. The texture packs were able to change that though, giving a sort of theme, etc. Some texture packs became 32x32, 64x64, or even 128x128. The option to change the graphics... I haven't seen that in many games.

Gameplay - 10/10
A sandbox game was always a great kind. But being able to landscape land and build good houses and mechanical functions and blowing up TNT! was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had. You're limited on supplies, and your tools can break. The fundamental of challenge worked great in this game. Stuff like parkour where you have to use your moving abilties, hand-made traps and custom adventures... The possibilities were endless, mostly thanks to redstone. One part that kind of discourages me was losing everything when I die. Happening to be near stuff that destroys items like lava was even less satisfying. In the end, I'm able to recover my inventory by remaking it. Most people would just destroy the dirt and mess around with flowers and stuff, then get killed by zombies and such just so they could /ragequit. There was help, however. Also did I mention there's no GORE?

Sound - 8/10
The sound effects really suited where they came from. Lava would make a lot of sizzing sounds, and glass would make that beautiful cracking. The sounds are varied and you mostly don't have 2 of the same sounds in the exact same pitch. What I didn't like though was that there's barely any music, especially when it doesn't suit the situation.

Interface - 10/10
What more do you need? The controls were great. There's only 10 controls in the game which are customizable. Plus you have a crosshair pointing at the exact block you want to destroy or build on. None of the GUI gets in your way (except the inventory) and your hearts shake to get you to see that you're about to die.

Story - N/A

Overall Score - 37/40 (%92.5)

As for mods, if you're finding it so difficult to install mods, just get MyCraft. All you have to do is download mods and put the ZIPs in the mods folder. Then you just run the MyCraft.jar with the Java platform and it will automatically load the game with them, as well as telling you what errors you're getting. I was able to play about 15 mods in one world very quickly. Expand on your experiences!
My world had these mods: Portal Gun, Finite Liquids, (LOVE those 2) Survivalism, More Health, Mo' Creatures, Mo' Creeps and Wierdos, Obsidian Tools, and others

As for updates, noting that the game isn't released yet and has a fanbase of over 3,000,000, the updates suit just about everyone, as the developer (Notch) interacts with the audience. You all probably seen the piston mod getting added into the actual game, right? Well, there's an example.

EpicPhailure

So uh, after fixing my computer, I updated Minecraft. Where does the majority of the community play now?

Also:

GOD DAMN VILLAGERS. GET YOUR OWN WOOD. i have toomanyitems because i'm not actually playing for real on that world

RayRay

Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 19, 2011, 08:00:56 PM
So uh, after fixing my computer, I updated Minecraft. Where does the majority of the community play now?
Not Minecraft. The community just died on this game. I still play it though.

EpicPhailure

Chaos

I've been working on a server for Minecraft, but I haven't released it publicly yet.  It's going to be an RP server, though, so it may or may not be to some people's taste.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster