News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Topic for SGs/DS/Snowman/

Started by Forum, July 21, 2009, 02:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASD!

um, not an SG, but there is a DS at the temple, and my nub account is there all alone, someone come help

Not an SG. Please do not post about other bosses in this forum, or make a post about a single DS. If you can't solo a DS, drown it and carry on.

Forum

Quote from: ASD! on April 10, 2010, 03:08:07 PM
um, not an SG, but there is a DS at the temple, and my nub account is there all alone, someone come help
Wish i was there i need IS -.-
Officially quitted

Lingus

Not an SG. Please do not post about other bosses in this forum, or make a post about a single DS. If you can't solo a DS, drown it and carry on.
I find that kind of ridiculous... I've seen other people use this thread for DS spawns. And telling someone who can't solo a DS to just drown it is pretty annoying if you ask me. I know I can't solo a DS and I would be pissed if someone said this to me.

But, w/e.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Lingus on April 12, 2010, 02:59:50 PM
I find that kind of ridiculous... I've seen other people use this thread for DS spawns. And telling someone who can't solo a DS to just drown it is pretty annoying if you ask me. I know I can't solo a DS and I would be pissed if someone said this to me.

But, w/e.

+1 for support. I feel anything of boss value should be posted here, especially if you need/want help.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Seifer

Perhaps in the past, yes, but I'm trying to moderate a bit more. I feel that this thread is FOR SG's. And many find it very annoying to see a new post here only to be dissapointed it's not an SG. An SG takes upwards of an hour at times, a DS takes ~5 minutes. A big differance, ontop of that the drops aren't anywhere near the same, and it is MUCH MUCH easier to spawn a DS or other boss than an SG. To me, it feels like spam.

Lingus

That's fine. I guess I just felt the way you chose to go about telling him that was a bit mean. Simply stating he should make a separate topic would have sufficed. Hearing (from a mod no less) that you should drown a monster because you can't deal with it by yourself is kind of annoying to me personally.

But yea, you're right, this is off-topic so I won't bring it up anymore.

Lucifer

It does so happen that not everyone has 80+ strength on hand to kill a dark sage in ~5 minutes as you say, and there is a small enough population of active players that using this topic for DSs really doesn't actually matter, and really doesn't require moderating... A DS topic could be made, but frankly I don't see the difference.

Grim_Reaper

I think that it really should be topic for sg/snowman/spawn parties
the 2 monsters are really rare and a lot of people love to fight it.
and the spawn party everyone always comes.
though i think that if you do need help with other monsters you should post it. (actually i think we should set up a topic for things like that)

Grim_Reaper -> lvl 78
Teh_Ninja    -> lvl 34
FL0P           -> lvl 51

Lingus

Quote from: Grim_Reaper on April 13, 2010, 06:14:40 PM
actually i think we should set up a topic for things like that
In that case, why not just use this one topic? Why have multiple topics that essentially do the same thing?

I would think it more annoying to have multiple topics being bumped in the General section that all pretty much tell people that a certain monster has spawned. It's easy enough to have the one topic, go into the topic, read it, and then see if you care about the monster. If it's not a monster you care about, ignore it. Do people really freak out when they see this topic has a new post? To they immediately jump before reading the posts? Or can they just relax for the second it takes to read what monster spawned and where?

xgamer

Quote from: Lingus on April 14, 2010, 01:08:02 AM
Quote from: Grim_Reaper on April 13, 2010, 06:14:40 PM
actually i think we should set up a topic for things like that
In that case, why not just use this one topic? Why have multiple topics that essentially do the same thing?

I would think it more annoying to have multiple topics being bumped in the General section that all pretty much tell people that a certain monster has spawned. It's easy enough to have the one topic, go into the topic, read it, and then see if you care about the monster. If it's not a monster you care about, ignore it. Do people really freak out when they see this topic has a new post? To they immediately jump before reading the posts? Or can they just relax for the second it takes to read what monster spawned and where?
We could rename it "Rare monster spawn thread"

Also you could have players follow something like this.

Monster:

tehrozzy

ASD!

Well, following with what ^^^ they said;

DS at the temple, all alone on my level 50 who has 1 vit, need a little help

Forum

Hmm should i rename it?
Officially quitted

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Forum on April 17, 2010, 04:00:12 PM
Hmm should i rename it?

It seems everybody would be in favor of you doing so. To make things simple, how about you rename the title of the topic: "Boss Monster Spawn Announcements"

And maybe it would be a good idea to edit your first topic post too, to make the whole thread more tidy...seeing as I am sure this will be an active topic for a long time:

This thread is to be used to announce the spawn of the following boss monsters ONLY: Dark Sages and Sand Golems
If you would like to announce the spawning of one of these monsters, please use the following format: (Copy and paste what is in the gray box and fill out the form)
[b]Boss Name:[/b]
[b]Boss Location:[/b]
[b]Number of Bosses:[/b]
[b](Optional) Time of Boss Spawn:[/b]
[b]Dead?[/b] No

Upon the death of the boss, please edit your post and change the "Dead?" from "No" to "Yes".
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy

you could always just change the topic title in your post, coz itll come up with what u put as the title when u veiw it from the main page.