News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Graphics gale help.

Started by thekolla, September 30, 2010, 02:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekolla

I believe some of you use graphics gale, so i wanted to know if you can help me. i cant seem to get the onion skin feature to work. i check it and it doesn't use onion skin. i just got this program so I'm new to it,if anyone would help me out that would be great, thanks.

Mr Pwnage

While I have played around with it, I never tried using that tool. One person I know for a fact could answer any GG question is Venuse. Hopefully he will make his way to this topic but in the event he doesn't you could try PMing him, I'm sure he could help you.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

venuse

ill save you :P. ok first you need 2 frames each with something drawn on them. now on frame 1 click on the tab that looks like 3 dots ... it should be in the left hand corner of the first frame. now check all frames and then click on transparent enable and make sure the color for transparency is the background color of the image and the not the color of what you have drawn. for example you have black circles and a white bg, aka background, so your transparency color should be white. now click on onion skin and it should work. alittle side not you can also alter whether the back frame is skinned or the forward frame or even both

basically this is telling graphics gale that all the white parts of all the frames are transparent and thus can be seen in the next frame.
hope that helps :P if you got some questions about gg ill try my best to answer although i cant guarantee i have an answer hehe.

Aqua

Yeah GG is just about as good as it gets. Out of curiosity, did you purchase GG? Or are you using the trial? Onion skin won't be much good if you're using the trial and you can't save as .gifs (once expired).
~Aqua

thekolla

i have the full version. anyways that worked, thanks so much venuse :D!

i like GG alot, too bad im extremely bad at it xD.

heres my first animation with it

Chaos

Quote from: thekolla on October 01, 2010, 09:32:00 AM
heres my first animation with it

EL OH EL

"Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride..."
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

Snakeman

thekolla

lol, everyone i showed did the same image saying haters gonna hate. i guess im just a bad animator XD

Seifer

This is how I walk IRL. I also wish our sticks walked in such an awesome way.

thekolla

is it a bad animation though?

Scotty

For a first animation?  No.  Here, I'll post up my first animation I ever did.  Yours is leaps and bounds better than mine:

Cactuscat222

@thekolla: I hope you realize everyone is posting the image because your animation looks like it. :P
The animation itself is pretty smooth.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

thekolla

i know. i guess it kinda does look like it XD.

Chaos

No no, it's a good animation.  The fact that it LOOKS like that walking goes to show it.  This is just what I like to call the 'cocky walk'.  It's funny for me cause it reminds me of this YTMND: http://bigtimestride.ytmnd.com/
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster