News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Idea: A Well

Started by igufed, November 17, 2010, 01:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

The idea is a well that spawns randomly all over the SO map..

This wouldn't be part of any event; it would happen all year round to kind of give you something to do other than kill monsters.  I enjoy the Easter and Christmas events because of the random spawning of eggs and presents, so, this is a way to have that same effect any time of year.

The rarity of a well spawning would be greater than a deluxe present.

The well would be able to take a few hits.  It would be nice to have it handle 5 hits, no matter the strength of the hitter.  So, after 5 punches or 5 GS hits, it would disappear.  That would also allow multiple people to be able to hit it each spawn.

Now, when you hit the well, it would drop mostly gold, but, in rare cases it could drop a treasure chest.  The chances of a treasure chest dropping from a well would be even more rare than the well itself.

The treasure chest would drop gold as well, but sometimes an item.  I didn't give any thought to what item it could drop; semi-rare items already in the game, new items, I don't know, I didn't think about that aspect too much.

That's basically the idea.  I mocked up an example of what I invisioned it looking like:

Any opinions/criticism is fine with me.  Except on the gif, I've never done 'pixel art' before so don't tear it apart because that was just an example.. ;)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Chaos

I think having something like this throughout the year would kind of diminish the enjoyment and special-ness of the Easter and Christmas event spawning.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Chaos on November 17, 2010, 01:31:32 PM
I think having something like this throughout the year would kind of diminish the enjoyment and special-ness of the Easter and Christmas event spawning.
Not really, I think this could be it's own cool and unique thing. I would only have certain items drop from it, not extreme rares, and not extreme commons. Semi rares, as he had mentioned. It should have a 100% drop of producing an item if a it's a chest, but more often than not produce bad items.

Bad items from the well would be:
Hatchet
All Bandanas
Shady Hat
Bandit Mask
Viking Helmet
Dagger

Good rare to drop from the well would be:

Great Sword
Wooden Hammer
Katana
Dragoon Helm
Froggy Hat
Top Hat
Pirate Hat
Wizard Hat
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

crozier

Actually the first idea I have liked in a while.
Good example too.
1 thing @ pwnage, why make it drop the bandanas, shady hat, and hatchet? I think those items are unique as they are sold from the store and don't drop from monsters.
1 thing @ igu, not bad for a first attempt. The chest is nice for being pillowshaded on the top and having a strange light coming from the ground on the bottem.

I know I would enjoy this ingame!

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 17, 2010, 03:19:42 PM
Quote from: Chaos on November 17, 2010, 01:31:32 PM
Not really, I think this could be it's own cool and unique thing. I would only have certain items drop from it, not extreme rares, and not extreme commons. Semi rares, as he had mentioned. It should have a 100% drop of producing an item if a it's a chest, but more often than not produce bad items.

Bad items from the well would be:
Hatchet
All Bandanas
Shady Hat
Bandit Mask
Viking Helmet
Dagger

Good rare to drop from the well would be:

Great Sword
Wooden Hammer
Katana
Dragoon Helm
Froggy Hat
Top Hat
Pirate Hat
Wizard Hat

Viking hat is an awesome hat thankyou very much.

But i kind like this idea but I think it'd need to have something changed (not sure what) to make it not ruin the Christmas and easter event as Chaos said.

PS. I think Shady hat was a drop from blobs until the tree branch started dropping from the blob.