News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Full Screen Issue

Started by God-I-Suck, February 06, 2011, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God-I-Suck

This problem I have is not only just Stick Online, it happens for all the games I try to play in full screen.

The issue is whenever I play Stick Online or any game in full screen, blacks bars appear on the sides and/or at the bottom.
Here's a picture:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6264/issuep.png

I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium (XP is way better.. -.-).
Can someone please help me? Thanks.

jackel1994

The resolution of the game doesnt fit the exact size of your screen. Happens to me too, their arn't any problems bro. As for a fix, im not sure you can because your screen cant really change... And to adjust the game window you would need to ask meiun and he wouldnt do that lol.

RayRay

Everyone has that. The resolution of yours is wider than tall. Like jackel said.

But in Game Maker, there is an option for full screen stretch. (that is, no black bars) But are you sure you wish for a wide screen game? "Hmm, I seem to move horizontally faster than vertically..."

God-I-Suck

But I don't understand.. I never had this happen to me for any game on my old computer. I thought full screen just stretches to fit your resolution. But now all full screen options have a set one? This doesn't make any sense.

RayRay

Quote from: God-I-Suck on February 06, 2011, 02:04:31 PM
But I don't understand.. I never had this happen to me for any game on my old computer. I thought full screen just stretches to fit your resolution. But now all full screen options have a set one? This doesn't make any sense.
It's a ratio. SO's ratio is 19:12, (figured this out with 950x600 pictures) and when you go on full screen, the ratio doesn't change. Old computers probably had old games with it, and those kind of games change your resolution to fit. But Game Maker games just draw over your desktop. Meiun chose not to have wide-screen on SO, so yeah, you're gonna see black bars. It's not a problem or bug, it's just natural. Does that answer your question?

God-I-Suck

Yeah, thanks. Wish I had my old computer back..  :'(

Chaos

Essentially, if it didn't put the black bars, it would have to stretch the game either horizontally or vertically to fill the screen, and that causes odd visual issues.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

You can get around it but its not work its work. By making your resolution something in the same aspect of stick online and then in your graphics card setting make everything max scail will force it to fill your screen. But it does not look good.

Also man why you haten on win7. :P

Meiun

The games fullscreen mode is set to maintain its aspect ratio, meaning that it will stretch it to be as big as it can while not losing it's intended proportions between width and height. Seeing as V2 has a fairly non-traditional screen size it makes it a bit more difficult for some monitors to fit it perfectly, hence the black bars. This is not a bug, but an intended effect.

krele

Quote from: God-I-Suck on February 06, 2011, 02:04:31 PM

Maybe your gpu is forcing such options. I can see it's forcing anti-alias, maybe it's forcing the resolution ratio too. As far as I remember, stick online in fullscreen stretches to fit the whole screen, if that's true then this is very unusual. Rollback/update your gpu drivers if you changed them at the time this occurred, and check your gpu control panel for settings that might've been changed.