News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

FPS Lag? Help meee!

Started by Lastryder, March 08, 2011, 12:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lastryder

Whenever I start Stick Online, my FPS is just fine (30)
but after a while of playing, my FPS starts decreasing until about 15 FPS. 

I don't have any huge processes on.. and I can play other games (Maplestory, Counterstrike, etc) just fine.
Whats wrong? ):
http://www.youtube.com/user/PivotMyStick
support me and my music pwease (:
L2DENT

jackel1994

Quote from: Lastryder on March 08, 2011, 12:06:29 AM
Whenever I start Stick Online, my FPS is just fine (30)
but after a while of playing, my FPS starts decreasing until about 15 FPS. 

I don't have any huge processes on.. and I can play other games (Maplestory, Counterstrike, etc) just fine.
Whats wrong? ):

Programs running in the backround will heavily drag down your fps sometimes depending on computer. If you dont have any windows open, upon your task manager and find things that are processing strongly. Otherwise, restart your computer and try again lol.

sly 3 4 me

Pretty sure he said it 100% clear that he didn't have anything consisting of resource hogging programs running.

Has the game ever run on the computer you are trying to play it on? Don't quite remember if you were an older player playing again, or a completely new player. Does the computer have the minimum requirements(Not quite sure if there is a listing of this anywhere, but it wouldn't be very high compared to the other games you listed above) graphics-wise? Which operating system are you trying to run the game on? I've had some trouble running it through windows7 in the past.

Meiun

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on March 08, 2011, 04:47:56 PM
Pretty sure he said it 100% clear that he didn't have anything consisting of resource hogging programs running.
Still wouldn't hurt to double check task manager to see what's going on. Perhaps even to see what the Stick Online process itself is doing (if it's pegging the cpu or something).

Not really 100% sure what to tell you on this one though, as this is not something I have ever really heard of before. The only other thing that comes to mind is perhaps ensure you have reasonably up-to date graphics drivers? What kind of machine are you running this on, is it an older one?

ARTgames

Gold and items over time I guess could if not picked up and in large amounts. But I doubt that's the problem. Also when stick online starts getting slow, up its priority in task master to one higher than it is. See if that helps.

Forum

I propose that your using hax.  ::)
Officially quitted

ARTgames

I'm not sure how you get one from another?

Lastryder

Has the game ever run on the computer you are trying to play it on? Don't quite remember if you were an older player playing again, or a completely new player. Does the computer have the minimum requirements(Not quite sure if there is a listing of this anywhere, but it wouldn't be very high compared to the other games you listed above) graphics-wise? Which operating system are you trying to run the game on? I've had some trouble running it through windows7 in the past.

I have played this game before it became donor perffectly fine.  I'm pretty sure my computer has the minimum requirements for this game since I've played many other games smoothly on this computer.  I'm using Windows Vista Home Basic if that helps. 
Quote from: Meiun on March 08, 2011, 05:42:45 PM
Still wouldn't hurt to double check task manager to see what's going on. Perhaps even to see what the Stick Online process itself is doing (if it's pegging the cpu or something).

Not really 100% sure what to tell you on this one though, as this is not something I have ever really heard of before. The only other thing that comes to mind is perhaps ensure you have reasonably up-to date graphics drivers? What kind of machine are you running this on, is it an older one?

I'll try to update my graphics drivers and see if my FPS changes.  I'm running this game on a 2006 computer, if that helps.  If you're asking for specs, I'll gladly supply you with them. x)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PivotMyStick
support me and my music pwease (:
L2DENT

JoEL

I've noticed Stick Online hogs a fairly large amount of CPU and memory. Looks as if it's having memory management problems..I just fix this by restarting the game. (mine also does what yours does after say about 30 minutes or so...)

stick d00d

Try downloading Game Booster, this helped me with FPS lag because I'm running on a netbook, so I have low RAM. Here's the link: http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booster/3000-18512_4-10913645.html
This brought me from 15-20 fps to 30 fps. Hope it helps you.  :)

ARTgames

Quote from: JoEL on March 09, 2011, 03:05:06 AM
I've noticed game maker hogs a fairly large amount of CPU and memory. Looks as if it's having memory management problems..I just fix this by restarting the game. (mine also does what yours does after say about 30 minutes or so...)

fixed

Chaos111

This happens to me after about 2 minutes it makes no sense
Life is only the beginning of the story.

Jmac

*Bump* I also have this problem, even when I restart Stick-Online and raise it's priority and end all unneccessary processes. I believe there is a compatibility issue with Vista. I was just wondering if there would be any way to fix this problem. Thanks! ;)

Meiun

Quote from: JoEL on March 09, 2011, 03:05:06 AM
I've noticed Stick Online hogs a fairly large amount of CPU and memory. Looks as if it's having memory management problems..I just fix this by restarting the game. (mine also does what yours does after say about 30 minutes or so...)
Blame Game Maker, not me. It would actually be using the upper end of that all the time if I hadn't added in an extra DLL. I suppose I could have it make more frequent calls to it though to clean up all GM's extra crap.

ARTgames

I agree with Meiun. Game Maker sides with slow but easy to use side here.