News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

FPS Lag? Help meee!

Started by Lastryder, March 08, 2011, 12:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

Quote from: Jmacrules on April 02, 2011, 03:18:05 PM
*Bump* I also have this problem, even when I restart Stick-Online and raise it's priority and end all unneccessary processes. I believe there is a compatibility issue with Vista. I was just wondering if there would be any way to fix this problem. Thanks! ;)

Debunked.  I'm running Vista and I can play and stay at 30fps.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

foG

It's weird. Lately I have started to become massive FPS lag after playing like half an hour. I changed no setting nor did I switch computer or stuff... can anyone tell me if that is like the server? Cuz I can't see any probs with my computer

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Forum

Quote from: foG on April 06, 2011, 10:41:49 AM
It's weird. Lately I have started to become massive FPS lag after playing like half an hour. I changed no setting nor did I switch computer or stuff... can anyone tell me if that is like the server? Cuz I can't see any probs with my computer
No problems with mine so it can't be server. Must be some hidden problem with yours
Officially quitted

Meiun

Quote from: foG on April 06, 2011, 10:41:49 AM
What are your computers specs just out of curiosity? A problem like this could not realistically be due to the server in any normal situation anyways. The server could only really have a direct effect on your ping, not how well your computer is able to run the game itself.

foG

well it's my dad's business laptop, so a fast one. Maybe not the best graphics card but I've been playing with it for like half a year now without any problems. Not even during the tourney I fps lagged so I don't really get it...

3gb of ram, duo core 2,5ghz, 32bit os, win7

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Meiun

Quote from: foG on April 06, 2011, 12:18:52 PM
well it's my dad's business laptop, so a fast one. Maybe not the best graphics card but I've been playing with it for like half a year now without any problems. Not even during the tourney I fps lagged so I don't really get it...

That is pretty strange. Does anyone else with a non shity/old computer seem to be having this problem as well?

Grim_Reaper

Quote from: Meiun on April 06, 2011, 05:33:32 PM
Quote from: foG on April 06, 2011, 12:18:52 PM

That is pretty strange. Does anyone else with a non shity/old computer seem to be having this problem as well?
At my dads i have a computer running win7, 64bit os, 6gb of ram, quod core 3.2ghz
I am having the same problem as everyone else.... starts off great then completely ****s itself.

Grim_Reaper -> lvl 78
Teh_Ninja    -> lvl 34
FL0P           -> lvl 51

Meiun

Try it again now with this new small update I just released and tell me if it seems any better. Odds are it probably won't, but I am just curious here really.

Dave123442

I'm having the same problem I can run a lot of higher spec games fine but on stick online I'm getting low FPS.

Also you can see there are no mobs

CherryPie

Goto run->taskmgr, switch to processes tab and sort the list with the highest cpu eater on top.

Check if that process is StickOnline.exe, however, I'd say it is probably your antivirus suite doing some checks.
Disable automatic hdd checks in your antivirus settings if that is the case, else post a screen of the list of processes here.

Dave123442

I can run other games fine it's just stick online....  Also my fps seems to drop when I type something into chat in-game and sometimes randomly even if I don't type anything but..... When I do type something  my fps drops down to 15... from 30.

CherryPie

Quote from: Dave123442 on July 24, 2011, 10:54:01 PM
I can run other games fine it's just stick online....  Also my fps seems to drop when I type something into chat in-game and sometimes randomly even if I don't type anything but..... When I do type something  my fps drops down to 15... from 30.

memory consumption looks normal, so it definitly is your cpu creating the problem. What cpu do you have installed in your comp?
Could also be the 64bit os that is creating the problem, sometimes gamemaker games that are created in 7 and lower make difficulties in 64bit OS's, allthough I think Meiun could best help out with this issue.